LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How and when will LE be able to get the privacy to retrieve her body, if located? I don't see how they can search without media finding them, and if LE asks them to stay back and ropes off an area, then they will know they have made a discovery.

Also, not sure if Tim Miller is involved in this particular sonar search/examination, but surely he has seen tons of logs in the water...

The media is usually informed by LE but made to look as though it was a "leak." Well, at least when I was involved with the media it was like that.

Would the Basin Bridge be easier and safer to stop on at night? Place to pull over?
JMO but I don't think it's safe to even pull over on it during the day much less at night. I had a friend that had car trouble during the day, he pulled over and ended up getting hit and killed. There are some stretches where it's possible to pull over (emergency lane) but over other areas, like WB there is no emergency pull over lane.

Think I've reached the sleep-dep humor stage. Checking out before I inadvertently make a joke in bad taste.

Hoping all WSers, visitors, Cajuns and honorary Cajuns have some peaceful sleep tonight so we can all jump back in the saddle tomorrow and keep pulling for Our Mickey.

Gnite....

I'm still chuckling. Guess I'm loopy too. See y'all tomorrow!

And like I said, I'll just betcha the CAO is just thrilled at being called out there for a log of all things.
Maybe he was reading here and decided to go check it out. LOL

Goodnight to you sleepyheads! I'm about done, too.... tomorrow AM i will make a truck poster for the findmickeyfolks... should it still be useful.

yeah. i said it.

TRUCK :rocker:

JMO but I don't think it's safe to even pull over on it during the day much less at night. I had a friend that had car trouble during the day, he pulled over and ended up getting hit and killed. There are some stretches where it's possible to pull over (emergency lane) but over other areas, like WB there is no emergency pull over lane.

that's what i've been telling people. it would take someone pretty crazy to stop on that bridge.

but then that's what we;re dealing with, i guess

Turning in here, too, folks -- goodnight all. Prayers for Mickey.

I think more then likely they have the body and if not its kind of an embarrassment to them if you ask me ... anyway if they do they are not going to have a coroner waiting for them right there they will prob. bring her body to a different location via boat to a different location being that is not the only boat launch that we have out here and properly i.d. it before releasing more info. I hope I am very wrong but it just seems like to much time to waste on it being a log!!!

that's what i've been telling people. it would take someone pretty crazy to stop on that bridge.

but then that's what we;re dealing with, i guess
Or someone with engine trouble. Happened to me many years ago, and it was one of the most frightening experiences of my life. I can't imagine anyone stopping there deliberately.

I am also confused by this and probably should not post because I am not clearing things up by showing my confusion too. IF the truck with 2 pics of it is the truck seen with the bed cover going East on West University (past the insurance and place that sells surveillance cameras - laugh) AND also it is the same truck going towards where MS was last spotted on St Landry; the first picture has a bed cover, the second does not. Would this truck have been doing anything at 2 am in this area to warrant the driver getting out of the truck and putting the bed cover on? If so, why would police rule this vehicle OUT?

Re: the 'from where mickey had traveled' statement, I would not say that LE is being evasive purposely. If that ruck they describe as coming 'from where MS traveled' is going toward ST John from St Landry, I think they mean that it is coming from the ST Landry area where she was last picked up on camera.

I also happen to believe our vehicle of interest was on the corner of Versailles and Parkside and turned rt onto versailles and could have followed MS. Thus being another 'from where MS had traveled vantage point.

If this truck followed her from Versailles to st john to st landry AND then was seen turning left to get onto university; something transpired in one of three ways once MS was past ST landry.

Either
1. left on brashear to Johnston
2. straight ahead on St landry to go between barns
3. cut over through govt parking lot to azalea and souvenir gate to ?????where would she get on a bike path from here?

consensus seems to be
1. 25%
2.50%
3.25%

Okay, this local is going to bed too. It's 1:30 AM for me, and staying up for a log? Oh, he*l no. G'night everyone. Much love and warmth to everyone tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3