LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me take the opportunity to say what a breath of fresh air this web community has been. As much as our community here in Lafayette has pulled together, the ugly posts on Facebook by the people of Lafayette has appalled me. I am thankful for WS because of the level of respect shown even in times of much disagreement. I feel like I know each one of you personally! :yourock:

Thanks. We are glad you all are here, although sorry for the reason why. I know I speak for others when I say I hope you new comers will stay around and join us on other cases. Alas, <big sigh> there will be more.

Was it dredged or created? It looks like it runs between the freeway lanes and ends before the river or channel. Is that where the boat launch is?

HAve you tried out Google Earth? It has helped me immensely, even though I live here. Yes, it was dredged so that they could build I-10 thorugh an impenetrable swamp :-) it goes to the west, as well!

Thanks. We are glad you all are here, although sorry for the reason why. I know I speak for others when I say I hope you new comers will stay around and join us on other cases. Alas, <big sigh> there will be more.

This is a wonderful resource! Very helpful in figuring things out. i can see that one of the downfalls is people participating a lot and making lots of leaps in the logical process and missing a lot of landings. It does make for chaos.

But all in all, it really has helped pull the community together!! Thanks!

I don't know who or what "INFO" is but I want to see his source that disputes Cpl. Mouton's direct statement to the public, or it really shouldn't be posted here'
MOO

HAve you tried out Google Earth? It has helped me immensely, even though I live here. Yes, it was dredged so that they could build I-10 thorugh an impenetrable swamp :-) it goes to the west, as well!

I have not downloaded the Google Earth program but I use Google maps and street view all the time. I've looked at most of the planet in Google Earth!

What I don't understand about the water running between the freeway lanes is why they did that. Was it to create fishing access?

I'm trying to remember where the rocks are at Whiskey Bay. i will have to look on Google Earth to see if I can find them

I have not downloaded the Google Earth program but I use Google maps and street view all the time. I've looked at most of the planet in Google Earth!

What I don't understand about the water running between the freeway lanes is why they did that. Was it to create fishing access?

Again, the canal was dredged to allow the building of I-10.

1. Dredge canal
2. Workers can get into the swamp to build the freeway.
3. Canal stays to allow maintenance over the years.

So disappointing to have all the commotion then a false alarm. I'm so sad for her family, can't imagine what they are going thru. :(

Every time we hear about divers I think what amazing souls those people must be. I COULD NOT IMAGINE diving for a body or imagine some of the things they see. To be diving with a flashlight and come upon something. Yikes! How do you get that out of your head? Takes a special person to do that kind of thing.

How about diving where you CAN'T see?! They can't see in the dark and in the daytime I'll bet it's murky. Then there are alligators. How is it that the alligators don't bite them?

I think that's called the Work Canal or something, chicken.

Did they search all of that area too?

Did they find the bike in the work canal, or I-10 canal, or the Atchafalaya river itself?

Again, the canal was dredged to allow the building of I-10.

1. Dredge canal
2. Workers can get into the swamp to build the freeway.
3. Canal stays to allow maintenance over the years.

Oh, okay. Sorry I didn't get that. Very interesting. Worthy of a documentary.

I think that's called the Work Canal or something, chicken.

Did they search all of that area too?

Did they find the bike in the work canal, or I-10 canal, or the Atchafalaya river itself?

No one knows because the reporting has been so shoddy. One reporter said it was found under the Basin bridge (which should be the work canal). But the reporter may have meant the Whiskey Bay bridge.

no clue.

Oh, okay. Sorry I didn't get that. Very interesting. Worthy of a documentary.

it would be great! wonder how much footage they have? then we could find and hang the idiot that designed the whiskey bay bridge too narrow

How about diving where you CAN'T see?! They can't see in the dark and in the daytime I'll bet it's murky. Then there are alligators. How is it that the alligators don't bite them?

Alligators are chicken. Taste like it, too. A bunch of noise and people they stay away.

They're like cats -curious - you look at them, they back away. you turn your back, they creep up and bite your a$$.

Go figure, I'm so tired I don't care if they talk about the white truck, even took the info off my signiture, just don't really care anymore. I'll just tune out lol.
Come back here. I know you care about Mickey! trucks no trucks we locals need your graphics help and expertise and caring nature!

It's what they make those big lights for. :) Non-murky and dark is better than light and murky, because you can use lights in the dark, but they haven't made a working murk remover yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member