LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet someone found more evidence either by a tip or a local stumbled upon her.

If a local found her I'm pretty sure it wasn't from stumbling one thing about us Cajuns is that are all hard headed and think we can do things better than next I'm pretty sure once the cops cleared out there were a lot of local boats searching I highly doubt that it could be that someone has put new evidence out there although I could be wrong won't be the first time!

It's been so strange seeing how fast the rumour has spread. It was a few hours ago now when someone posted here that a friend in LE spoke of a confession and a body and a search. Almost 5mins later the same thing was posted on one of the fb news pages, then another, then another.. now lot's of people in all the different threads on facebook say 'My friend's mom heard..' 'My friend is in LE and he said..' .., makes my head spin!

So often there is nothing to it, though. We've seen it a zillion times here, in almost every case on the forum.

That said, this time does seem very different.

Yes if by quiet you mean media wise. They seemed to be out searching around St. Landry today.

That would be st. Landry street? Am from Louisiana, is there a St. Landry Parish? Thanks

Locals is there a tide in this area where they are said to be searching again?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

If the truck saw her turn into the Government parking lot, he could have continued a bit, turned right on St. Mary, and stalked her through the neighborhood until he got her. Which chills me to the bone.

This is so sad but I really hope her family can find closure and move forward with their lives. We don't know for sure but I agree with the other posters that they wouldn't have this much response/news coverage for a personal item.

I don't live locally. And the reason I asked earlier if they may have overlooked some evidence is that it happens in a lot of these cases. And it seems like there's a lot of water in that spot. Plus, someone just said that there is a current. So that increases the search area quite a bit. Sonar works in some cases. But there's operator error.

Not getting a good vibe about this at all.

Did TES recently have a missing person case that they used their drone and decided to take one last sweep and it was that last drone pass that they found the red item of clothing?

Forget which case it was now.
2 yr old Devon Davis .. Cleveland Texas .. Mar 31, 2012

So often there is nothing to it, though. We've seen it a zillion times here, in almost every case on the forum.

That said, this time does seem very different.

It's all so disrespectful to the family when people post things like that on facebook without confirmation. Makes me sad :(

Live news feed from Whiskey Bay @ 10 pm. This may be the resolution...

To the Shunick family: As we pass through this world of convalescence, know that others are here for you in your community. Though you may have to wear the mask of strength for your family, don't be afraid to let it down when necessary. Bring Mickey Home.

You gotta link that, son!

Can you imagine what her family must be feeling right now? What a nightmare. I hope God is giving them strength right now and I hope they confirm either way as soon as possible.

I just want to quietly say that if they do find her at Whiskey Bay, I hope they can tell it's a drunk-driving accident, for the family's sake. That would be a small, but real, comfort, considering the alternative.

It's been so strange seeing how fast the rumour has spread. It was a few hours ago now when someone posted here that a friend in LE spoke of a confession and a body and a search. Almost 5mins later the same thing was posted on one of the fb news pages, then another, then another.. now lot's of people in all the different threads on facebook say 'My friend's mom heard..' 'My friend is in LE and he said..' .., makes my head spin!

Don't forget that the Acadiana area is a very tight-knit community. I'm not saying the rumors are accurate because obviously we don't know. But what may be true for other areas of the country/world can be just the opposite in Cajun Country.

Just like when there was news the my coworker died in a helicopter crash on Monday, I held out hope until it was confirmed. (RIP Capt LeBron) I will do the same here. I will hold on to the hope that she is still alive.

Search for Mickey Shunick in Whiskey Bay Resumes
Posted: May 30, 2012 9:35 PM CDT

Lafayette Police have re-established a command post at Whiskey Bay. They are back to execute a secondary search for Mickey because potential evidence is still there. Reporter Caroline Balchunas is headed to the scene now. Tune into Eyewitness News at 10:00 PM for more Information.

Searching at night... hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member