LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know they could hear out accent when we posted! LOL. Actually, I'm originally from New Orleans and have been told that the accent sounds a lot like Brooklyn.

HAHAHAHA! I just really hope they don't think we talk like Troy Landry and the gang off of swamp people, they're kind of embaressing :blushing: haha!

Yes. I imagine that people have been in the water for a variety of reasons but one of them would be because they're looking for evidence.

But were they still searching today? Or was it just volunteer searching that stopped?

Sad to say, we seem to have more than our share of young girls go missing here in LA, and serial killer types. Maybe it's the heat and alcohol that does it.

I tell you - after all this, I don't know what they're going to do about Whiskey Bay. If it were a house, they'd bulldoze it and plant a memorial garden :tears:

I remember about ten to twelve years ago,a young man was kidnapped from Conroe Texas..By a friend of his dad's..Was for ransom..The man took the child to Whiskey Bay and killed him..I still lived in Texas at that time..I have a hard time every time I cross that bridge!!!

Chicken Fried-

I can't find the long post you made earlier regarding MS turning left down Brashear St. If MS did turn down there a vehicle could only follow her 3 blocks to Cherry St where there are posts in the road that forces traffic from Johnston St to turn left and traffic from St. Landry to turn right. She may have been able to pass on her bike but not a vehicle after those 3 blocks.

Yeah, true, but man, I see two major storkes against Brashear:
1. She had no reason to go that way at all. I don't believe she was going to Taco Bell or Mel's, or to pick Johnston St. over St. Landry. It's wasted effort and St. Landry is safer.

2. If she were being followed, would she really cross all the way across that road right in front of his grille? Take that risk? Now, if he was hanging far enough back for her to safely do it, then yeah, maybe. But it seems much more logical to me for her to bolt right into the Government parking lot. It's right there, and I bet she knew, from biking a lot, that there was a back way out of the parking lot.

I am really starting to think that she may actually have gone thorugh that parking lot into that neighborhood as part of her planned route... which is why she didn't show up on camera at 224 St.: That changes things altogether. Either she got chased and caught in that neighborhood north of St. Landry, or later on by a DIFFERENT perp near the Cajundome or Blackham Coliseum or on Congress.

Does the water at Whisky Bay flow toward the pilot's channel? Ooh just remembered my gdtr's dad is a tug boat pilot, wonder if he's working tonight and where.

The flow of the pilot channel is to the south. This is the largest deepest waterway in the vicinity of the whiskey bay exit. The water is chocolate milk, hard current, depths over 50 foot in places.

Rescue divers will drag with ropes to feel for a person.

HAHAHAHA! I just really hope they don't think we talk like Troy Landry and the gang off of swamp people, they're kind of embaressing :blushing: haha!

OT...my dad was on American Restoration a couple of weeks ago and his biggest fear was that they were going to have to put subtitles when he spoke. hahaha thank God they didn't.

OK, please don't attack me for this, but I have to ask...what are they hoping the accomplish with the volunteer searches at this point? Is this a way to keep city morale up, or are they hoping to find evidence as a result? Given that it's been 11 days (12, if you count the full first Saturday), and the volunteers have been searching the area she was last seen in for 10/11 of those, I have my doubts that evidence still exists where she was last captured that hasn't already been found (and perhaps not disclosed). Feel free to call me a skeptic, but please no personal attacks. I want closure, more preferably in the form of a theory offered earlier that she was abducted by someone who admired her/wanted her and is treating her wall, as much as anybody.

They are not really branching out the volunteer search areas, correct? I have to be completely honest here, I was relieved when they were called off and am disappointed to see them start again. I have immense respect for TES, and I think we need to give them more than a day of space to "do their thing." If there had been several days or a week break, I'd feel a whole lot better about this. I really think they need their space a bit longer. But, we do want to keep the community involved and on alert, and maybe starting up those searches again can be done without compromising TES efforts?

If the rumors turn out to be true, I doubt there will be any volunteer searches. The request for volunteers to begin searches again was posted by the Find Mickey facebook page before all the breaking news and I doubt they will post anything to cancel the search until something is confirmed by LE. With that said, I believe no matter what is announced, the community will pour out to the collisiem to support the family. jmho.

My cat just had brand new babies today, 4 tiny little ones. So, I'll be up, both to watch them, and watch for updates.

How precious...nothing I would rather watch than kittens, ever....

whiskey bay has more than currents. it literally CHURNS like a washing machine. you can clearly see this when you drive over it. it can't be safe to dive into at night. are they really diving tonight?? something must be important to be out there at night, whether diving or not. it's so dark without any civilization around.

My bro-in-law's father-in-law talks JUST like Troy. My hubby and BIL love to pick on him, always running around going "Lizzzzbett, chooooooot 'em!"

Hi everyone,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I don't have many new thoughts on the case to contribute at the moment, because (like many of you) I'm currently on the edge of my seat. This case has hit close to home with me. It's been amazing watching this community react and help out. Although my gut feeling is not good at the moment, I am hoping for the best for MS, her family, and the community that's grown even closer through this case.

My instincts (for whatever 1 cent they're worth) is that she got nabbed in the Gov't parking lot, in the neighborhood just to the north of it, or at Blackham Coliseum. That place is kind of creepy, and if she went between those barns..... just looks like a perfect place for an ambush. they really do need to find out who would be around there at night to see her routine. Could be punks who hang out there to drink, etc. regularly, and saw an opportunity.

A drunk-driver scenario is a whole different story.

I remember about ten to twelve years ago,a young man was kidnapped from Conroe Texas..By a friend of his dad's..Was for ransom..The man took the child to Whiskey Bay and killed him..I still lived in Texas at that time..I have a hard time every time I cross that bridge!!!

What a shame that such a beautiful natural and lush area is repeatedly tarnished with such sadness and sickness.

But were they still searching today? Or was it just volunteer searching that stopped?
I'm not sure because I wasn't in the area but if I know my Cajun peeps, they were there as soon as LE let people back in the water. We take care of our own. It's been hard for me not to drive home to help search and I don't know the Schunicks at all.

The volunteer searching was suspended for today (it's starting up again in the morning).

what are y'all listening to? the news? they don't have accents on the news.

Actually met a very nice person from your town a very l o n g time ago, in a land far far away. I was in a bad way, and he helped me. The accents were wonderful and it truly left me with a very warm spot in my heart for your area...IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo