LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll answer my own question. The bike wasn't hid better because the perp was slick at abducting people but ignant about whether there was deep water under the Basin Bridge and just chucked it.

"ignant"

I like it. We might need a new smiley for that one. An ignant smiley.
It would go nicely with that werk smiley we aquired after Ron Cummings reported Hailey missing.

i enlisted my son's help who is a total car guy and he said the (i dont know street names) but the white trucks shown in opposite directions in front of the gas station is the same one. The one shown on the other street (with a topper of sorts) is not either of those in the other pics... he said not the same as either truck in the photos shown in front of Circle K (I believe) so if said truck was heading (left in pic) first...then mickey biking toward the right in pic...then truck turned around and followed mickey going right in pic -- with same car in back ground fueling up...would have all taken a min or less

I posted photos on this earlier to prove that they were the same trucks and others still thought differently. Here is a link to prove that they are in fact the same trucks! If you scroll down it shows the photo of the truck heading back towards the Circle K and underneath it says, Police still searching for this vehicle of interest. And in the article it states that the truck with the bed cover and the car were captured on the "same" camera.
http://www.ksla.com/story/18659955/2-vehicles-in-video-with-missing-mickey-shunick-ruled-out?clienttype=printable

I think they have definite info about something. And now - they need daylight. ? I bet they will be back searching tomorrow morning. Hopefully savvy reporters will go back to site early.....

It takes some serious stones to nonchalantly take a victim out in your boat, waving to fellow fishermen. A lot less guts to throw the victim over the bridge.

Judging from the carelessness of where the bike was found, he/they didn't have a boat. So if there's evidence that's leading them back, it was probably over the left rail of the westbound span (get yourself turned around for a quick exit), into the deepest part.

The bike probably floated due to the tire not off the rim, and meandered over to the bank.

Would the Basin Bridge be easier and safer to stop on at night? Place to pull over?

Yes. Big shoulder. That's what I've been saying. That's the same spot DTL used. I can't believe they'd want to be caught with a body on the Whiskey Bay bridge with no shoulder.

Think of it this way.... if a LE officer happens to be that car coming and sees you stopped at the top of the bridge, he's going to bust you. If you're on the shoulder, he may not.

Now the media is trying to explain that they never said any "critical evidence" was found, only "potential" evidence, which turned out to be NO evidence. But, obviously they went back to check it out based on SOME reason. Whoever said info could have come from the drivers of the now cleared vehicles, might be headed in the right direction. Or something someone called in to the tipline I suppose.

I posted photos on this earlier to prove that they were the same trucks and others still thought differently. Here is a link to prove that they are in fact the same trucks! If you scroll down it shows the photo of the truck heading back towards the Circle K and underneath it says, Police still searching for this vehicle of interest. And in the article it states that the truck with the bed cover and the car were captured on the "same" camera.
http://http://www.ksla.com/story/18659955/2-vehicles-in-video-with-missing-mickey-shunick-ruled-out?clienttype=printable

We've decided to go with LE info and not do this anymore

I believe it's time for me to head to bed-- dreaming of white trucks, wooden logs, and Mickey coming home safe for her loved ones!

How and when will LE be able to get the privacy to retrieve her body, if located? I don't see how they can search without media finding them, and if LE asks them to stay back and ropes off an area, then they will know they have made a discovery.

Also, not sure if Tim Miller is involved in this particular sonar search/examination, but surely he has seen tons of logs in the water...

Now the media is trying to explain that they never said any "critical evidence" was found, only "potential" evidence, which turned out to be NO evidence. But, obviously they went back to check it out based on SOME reason. Whoever said info could have come from the drivers of the now cleared vehicles, might be headed in the right direction. Or something someone called in to the tipline I suppose.

And like I said, I'll just betcha the CAO is just thrilled at being called out there for a log of all things.

Think I've reached the sleep-dep humor stage. Checking out before I inadvertently make a joke in bad taste.

Hoping all WSers, visitors, Cajuns and honorary Cajuns have some peaceful sleep tonight so we can all jump back in the saddle tomorrow and keep pulling for Our Mickey.

Gnite....

Think I've reached the sleep-dep humor stage. Checking out before I inadvertently make a joke in bad taste.

Hoping all WSers, visitors, Cajuns and honorary Cajuns have some peaceful sleep tonight so we can all jump back in the saddle tomorrow and keep pulling for Our Mickey.

Gnite....

I'm not far behind ya.

my friend who was driving on the basin bridge around 10:30 said all the lights were by the pilot channel.

Hmmmm... well, then, maybe they did have the stones to stop on the Whiskey Bay bridge. OR, had an inflatable or something that they could launch on the west side on the grassy slope there....

I mean, yeah, you can hide stuff better by dropping it from the Whiskey Bay bridge. But man, it's such a bust and such a risk.
Why would they drop the bike under the Basin Bridge (on the east side) and the body on the west? Why not just throw it all in the deep water on the west?

Of course I going on the LAME reporting of the bike, where I specifically heard the reporter say it was found under the Basin bridge.

Maybe she didn't know the difference between the Basin bridge and the Whiskey Bay bridge.

Wouldn't surprise me.

So I'm confused as to whether they're looking for whatever they're looking for in the same place as the bike or not.

Figures.

There's a lot of speculation about a white van at the bridge during the dive search. Just so you know, the forensics unit for Lafayette PD is a white van. It has some lettering on it, but it's nothing bold, bright or noticeable. That's most likely the van that was spotted at the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18