LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we know this how? My understanding was that the last place was at the CircleK. So, if indeed that 224 St Landry was the last place, we need to find where she could have been taken right there, or very close.

The Circle-K cameras missed her. Spoke with the clerk yesterday.

I need to ask a question to the locals. Not being familiar with the area and having a bit of trouble with depth perception myself when looking at google I need to ask-

In the area they found the bike would it have been possible for Mickey to have been hit by a car speeding that would have thrown her and the bike off the bridge? If so is it possible that her body would have been washed in the current further away? Is it deep enough to do that?

I understand your asking that, but there is no chance she was riding her bike in that area. It's an Interstate highway 27 miles away from Lafayette. That's one detail we can confirm with pretty much 110% certainty -- she was not riding her bike out at Whiskey Bay.

LOL, I thought I was the only one!!!!
Perfectly logical...to read backwards when trying to catch up...to get the most recent info...plus whatever my other brilliant ;) point was before I started thinking about food (haven't eaten all day)...

I am new here and just wanted to say that this case has an especially personal connection for me.

I grew up in Lafayette and I know this area very well. I attended Lafayette Middle School (University Ave and Versailles Blvd) for grades 7-8. My best friend lived in the Saint Streets area on the north side of Congress St. He was an alter boy for St. John's cathedral and we would spent much time poking around in the big cemetery adjacent to University. Later, as an adult, he lived in the the same apartment complex captured in photo taken from 224 St. Landry.

Before we had cars we would often bike from his house to the USL campus (now ULL). We would usually come up Myrtle Place street and sometimes cut through he parking lot on the back of the LCG building to cross St. Landry. At that time, it was a Sears department store and it was a popular place to shop. I believe it may have been the first building in Lafayette with an escalator.

During these years, I must have ridden my bicycle through this crime scene a hundred times or more.

MS could be at 215 St landry right now as hostage as we speak...

I have personally witnessed police officers talking to residences in what appeared to be a door-to-door canvassing of the area. I think that's unlikely.

Okay, good to know, and I appreciate the clarification.

Yes, I assumed the "gun" camera was tied into the teller area, but I didn't realize those are often not set up to actually record. I do vaguely recall seeing objects like what you are describing on the side of the building. If those were recording, then obviously either Mickey did not take that shortcut to Azalea, or she did and law enforcement doesn't want to reveal what's on that video. Is there any chance, in your opinion, that LCG would have recycled that footage before being able to take a look at it? Surely not, I'd have to think, considering the footage we DO have of Mickey is also from an LCG camera.

I have no idea if it was erased. I think though that the little "softball" camera closest to St Landry just may be able to record a sliver of St Landry. I wonder if that was overlooked. If it can record that little sliver it would be between the two known cameras on st Landry. It wouldn't be able to record if she turned down brashear, I looked at that, but if she continued on then it would have captured in all probability the nabbing itself, since we know she never made it to the next known camera, which is only 20 seconds away.

The Circle-K cameras missed her. Spoke with the clerk yesterday.

OK, Now I'm going to be the obnoxious repeater:

I thought the Circle K Pics were taken by the cameras at the municipal building, not Square 224:doh:

And we know this how? My understanding was that the last place was at the CircleK. So, if indeed that 224 St Landry was the last place, we need to find where she could have been taken right there, or very close.

WOW, you just gave me a wake up call. I've been using "224" because I asked and other posters told me.

But 224 could not have taken the Circle K shot. It could have taken the old car shot, I believe?

Now we need to get back to basics..... did LE say that 224 was the last shot of her and didn't release it??

Who has a link to the initial info about 224? May have to go all the way back and search - a Herculean job :-(

Anyone in the Lafayette area, is it raining there? Looks like hurricane weather in BR. Not much rain yet, but a whole lot of wind, thunder and some lightening.

It may have had to come from somewhere, but it did not have to come far if it had been 'living' at 215 st landry street in 2009 on the google map; if he was not living there now, he may have just moved a block or two away. He would not have had to drive into town and we would not be needing to look for anyone driving into town. MS could be at 215 St landry right now as hostage as we speak...

I thought you were going to bed lol. Where are you coming up with this 215 St Landry St angle? Don't go knocking on any doors please!

eta: Surely not b/c there was a white truck parked at that address 3-4 years ago? It could have just been someone visiting.

WOW, you just gave me a wake up call. I've been using "224" because I asked and other posters told me.

But 224 could not have taken the Circle K shot. It could have taken the old car shot, I believe?

Now we need to get back to basics..... did LE say that 224 was the last shot of her and didn't release it??

Who has a link to the initial info about 224? May have to go all the way back and search - a Herculean job :-(

224 caught the car. The circle K shot came from the LCG building. LE said in the press release the other day that the last shot of her came from the Circle K shot (from LCG camera)

Anyone in the Lafayette area, is it raining there? Looks like hurricane weather in BR. Not much rain yet, but a whole lot of wind, thunder and some lightening.

Not anymore, but it was nasty for awhile--the rain was blowing sideways and some areas had hail!

Chicken whoever the little girl was reporting for KLFY said last night they were searching east of the exit, which would be the canal. But Cajun tattoo said her friend passed over and they were at the pilot channel. So either the reporter had her bearings wrong or the motorist was confused. So really, I didn't answer your question. Lol. Sorry!

that's what I'm saying. just because the driver SAID it was the Pilot Channel doesn't make him a geography major.

I go with the reporter on this one. It was the WORK canal.

The most likely place all along, where DTL set up shop.

For people asking about rain in the hours/days after Shunick's disappearance: there was a brief, intense burst of rain on the route that MS took through Lafayette, somewhere between 7-8PM on Saturday, May 19th. I noticed flooding both on the streets and grassy areas just off the street.

THANKS! I thought I was losing my mind! We don't have pics of her past the Circle K, which is why I mentioned 224 when MamaMia asked if there were cameras further down St Landry

Or am I wildly and completely off every imaginable base?

I have no clue where you got that, that's why I'm asking you because we need exact info. What we need to figure out, if something was captured further down St Landry, we need to go from there.

Good afternoon WSers. Everyone is doing a terrific job thinking of possibilities, seeking facts and making valuable contributions.

I have a request related to posts that are not clear on exactly who is being posted about and respectfully request that we all try to do better on clarity. This is especially important when a thread is flying like this one and folks are fast reading to catch up - sometimes slipping pages or skimming posts to catch up.

Posts by several folks fall into the category. On several posts this afternoon, the post simply said something like... "she is no longer missing" .... or "She has been found". The posts are not clear on whether they speak to some other case or Micky's case. I see just those words and reaction is .... WOW, MS has been found. They when I reverse read posts see that it is actually another case. I am just offering this suggestion up as something that would be helpful to me..... and maybe others. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl