LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to ask a question to the locals. Not being familiar with the area and having a bit of trouble with depth perception myself when looking at google I need to ask-

In the area they found the bike would it have been possible for Mickey to have been hit by a car speeding that would have thrown her and the bike off the bridge? If so is it possible that her body would have been washed in the current further away? Is it deep enough to do that?

Although her bike was found at the Whiskey Bay bridge area, she was last seen, on security camera footage, 27 miles away, in Lafayette. It is assumed her bike was placed there by the perp. Although, a hit and run type scenario in the area she was last scene is still being batted around. In fact, her mother seems to think this is the case based on her more recent remarks. Although, there are some who think her mother is either in denial or saying this to give the perp an "out".

I do think, from the descriptions given by locals of the area her bike was found that the water near that bridge is pretty deep, with a current and is murky. But, I am not a local, so this is based on others' comments.

Moo...

THANKS! I thought I was losing my mind! We don't have pics of her past the Circle K, which is why I mentioned 224 when MamaMia asked if there were cameras further down St Landry

Or am I wildly and completely off every imaginable base?

You're right.

And we know this how? My understanding was that the last place was at the CircleK. So, if indeed that 224 St Landry was the last place, we need to find where she could have been taken right there, or very close.

now I neede to take a break myself.

I think they said she DIDN'T appear on the 224 camera.

My mistake, and sorry to mislead anyone. Last seen pic of her was from the LCG camera across from Circle K,

^ this. I stated earlier that if she cut through that parking lot she'd be on camera. But who knows. Chicken Fried still has a good theory

Right. I think she went down Brashear. I think it's a quiet ride usually and we usually ride our favorite routes.

I could be wrong tho, I plan on doing some riding in Lafayette in the next week or so. Hmm.

B

I have no clue where you got that, that's why I'm asking you because we need exact info. What we need to figure out, if something was captured further down St Landry, we need to go from there.

We don't know what they have from 224 St Landry, but LE has said that the Circle K was the last siting of Mickey, right?

I need to ask a question to the locals. Not being familiar with the area and having a bit of trouble with depth perception myself when looking at google I need to ask-

In the area they found the bike would it have been possible for Mickey to have been hit by a car speeding that would have thrown her and the bike off the bridge? If so is it possible that her body would have been washed in the current further away? Is it deep enough to do that?

no, the bike is 27 miles away from where she disappered.

I understand your asking that, but there is no chance she was riding her bike in that area. It's an Interstate highway 27 miles away from Lafayette. That's one detail we can confirm with pretty much 110% certainty -- she was not riding her bike out at Whiskey Bay.

Thanks so much. I just cannot get visual pictures in my mind sometimes even with all the google help etc. I even have trouble on the street view level at times. :blushing:

That seems to be the case ALOT with drunk drivers :(

There's a current scandal brewing here in lafayette about drunk drivers being ticketed but then let off with a slap. A huge percentage of them. I think it was something ridiculous like only 3% go to trial.

My mistake, and sorry to mislead anyone. Last seen pic of her was from the LCG camera across from Circle K,

Hey, it's ok, I had to back away from the computer for awhile myself with all the white truck talk, either that or I would have blown a cork lol.

Ok so it was only the car that was caught at 224 st landry. Just to make certain I understand.

That is correct. And that camera is located about 20 seconds via bike from where the camera that took the last pic of MS is located.

They have not said specifically that she didn't appear on the camera at about 220 St Landry. They have said that the government building camera that looks at Circle K is the last place she was seen. What we don't know is how the camera at about 220 St Landry records...if it's continuously or, if not, how often it refreshes. The camera appears to see maybe about 8 carlengths of the car in the pic, so that's about 30 feet. So we don't know if LE are sure that she didn't pass 220 St Landry or if they can't be sure because the camera may have missed her.

ill repost my previous question,

so she most likely was hit, but what are the chances that she would die from being hit? if it hit her hard enough to kill her then wouldnt it have thrown her from the bike? leaving blood evidence somewhere? could the bike tire be messed up from the fall to the water and not a vehicle?? and if she was hit then why wouldnt that person call police?

[QUOTE=Labikegirl;7990736]Right. I think she went down Brashear. I think it's a quiet ride usually and we usually ride our favorite routes.

I could be wrong tho, I plan on doing some riding in Lafayette in the next week or so. Hmm.

B[/QUOTE]

It seemed like she was close to the right curb, looking to go straight. How far is it from the last known pic of MS (Circle K/Municipal Bldg)to the corner of Brashear?

Disclaimer: I don't bicycle and I live very, very far away.

Okay, the Olds was the only vehicle shown to be captured on film at 224. If MS or the Z71 were captured on that film as well, LE has not released it.

Hey, it's ok, I had to back away from the computer for awhile myself with all the white truck talk, either that or I would have blown a cork lol.

Yeah, you were starting to fizz last night. Let check if it's still intact:

TRUCK! TRUCKTRUCK! :skip::bricks::slapfight::gasp:

There's a current scandal brewing here in lafayette about drunk drivers being ticketed but then let off with a slap. A huge percentage of them. I think it was something ridiculous like only 3% go to trial.

A good friend of mine was contacted by the Feds bc he was one of those who was able to pay and have it washed away. Luckily he will not be held accountable for it as far as having the charge re-filed. I worked at city court for years and let me just say communication between the city, parish and LE is horrible. Cases were lost, misfiled, etc. Nuts I tell ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx