LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in the Lafayette area, is it raining there? Looks like hurricane weather in BR. Not much rain yet, but a whole lot of wind, thunder and some lightening.

I am in LC and when it came through it was really bad!!

As others have already mentioned, some possibilities:

-the driver of said vehicle may have been up to other forms of no-good (possession with intent to distribute; married, but cheating; etc.)

-fugitive from justice;

-suspended DL;

-prior conviction for DUI manslaughter (suspended);

-currently on probation;

-out of prison on parole;

-etc.

No use in belaboring the point (we could spend all day listing such possibilities), but it's ill-advised to simply write off such possibilities, IMO.

Yes, many reasons. However, the whole argument is tedious. A young girl from our city has disappeared. This person has her or did something with her. He is either a murderer or kidnapper whether he hit Mickey or not.

I'm sorry, the camera sees about 8 carlengths distance, which is about 30 feet. If Mickey was travelling at 17mph, which is a reasonable rate, she would have covered about 25 feet every second. So a camera that refreshes at a rate of 2 seconds or more could have easily missed catching her (assuming all my math is correct).

I'm going to look back for the link to LE stating where the last pic of her is taken. I know it's from the LCG building and that she didn't make it to 224 St. Landry but I want to review the exact wording to see if it's vague enough to assume a different LCG camera caught her. I remember thinking that possibility was shut down but want to double check. Forgive me if it seems redundant. If anyone has the link handy, please feel free to post it for me ;)

I thought that was a different camera. ACI, did you confirm that the camera at about 220 St Landry records continuously?

The first camera is on the LCG building which got the video of mickey and truck in question. I dont know the quality of this one. The next camera down St. Landry is at that law firm and google street view shows the address as 215. This is the camera that got the pic of the car. THIS is the camera I know to record in real time and wouldve been the next one to see her.

I'm going to look back for the link to LE stating where the last pic of her is taken. I know it's from the LCG building and that she didn't make it to 224 St. Landry but I want to review the exact wording to see if it's vague enough to assume a different LCG camera caught her. I remember thinking that possibility was shut down but want to double check. Forgive me if it seems redundant. If anyone has the link handy, please feel free to post it for me ;)

That's what I thought they said, too.

I suppose if LE suspects a hit and run/hide the body scenerio they are probably checking camera's at car washes, body shops of any vehicles needing bumper repair

Do laundry myself? Sacre bleu! I may be poor, but I'm also lazy. The little lady at the laundromat cuts me a good deal on it.

OK, that's it, I am sending all my laundry to via PM for your little laundry lady to do. I mean, it takes away from my sleuthing time! LOL:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

And let me tell ya, I don't fizz easily. I just want facts. I will work out a route with those facts. It just wasn't happening with all the truck talk, couldn't even focus.

Is it OK if I say "UCK-TRAY?" :poke:

:propeller:

They have not said specifically that she didn't appear on the camera at about 220 St Landry. They have said that the government building camera that looks at Circle K is the last place she was seen. What we don't know is how the camera at about 220 St Landry records...if it's continuously or, if not, how often it refreshes. The camera appears to see maybe about 8 carlengths of the car in the pic, so that's about 30 feet. So we don't know if LE are sure that she didn't pass 220 St Landry or if they can't be sure because the camera may have missed her.

Between the two cameras, according to google maps, it is .1 miles or about 580 feet. Considering an average bike speed of about 11-14 mph, I would think that even if the camera only records images not video, she would appear in at least one frame. So, in my totally laymen opinion, she is either on the film and LE is not releasing it or whatever happened to her occurred in a span of about 500 feet from the CicrleK (which is unbelievable to me since there were witnesses there, who as far as we know have not come forward as having seen anything). Amoo.

I'm sorry, the camera sees about 8 carlengths distance, which is about 30 feet. If Mickey was travelling at 17mph, which is a reasonable rate, she would have covered about 25 feet every second. So a camera that refreshes at a rate of 2 seconds or more could have easily missed catching her (assuming all my math is correct).

That means 1 car length = 3.75'?

That means 1 car length = 3.75'?

Thanks, I forget to convert inches to feet, so 8 car lengths would be 140 ft...that means she would have been expected to have been caught on camera even if the camera refreshed every 5 seconds.

If you are right, and I did record approximately 30 feet...

Between the two cameras, according to google maps, it is .1 miles or about 580 feet. Considering an average bike speed of about 11-14 mph, I would think that even if the camera only records images not video, she would appear in at least one frame. So, in my totally laymen opinion, she is either on the film and LE is not releasing it or whatever happened to her occurred in a span of about 500 feet from the CicrleK (which is unbelievable to me since there were witnesses there, who as far as we know have not come forward as having seen anything). Amoo.

This is why A.C.I. and I think she went down Brashear or into the LCG parking lot.

My hunch is that the perp saw her go into the lot to take a short cut, and circled around up St. Mary to chase her.

But that depends on the existence of footage from the LCG parking lot cams.

Just beautiful, sweet little creatures that I've been kissing since late last night lol. Thank you for asking.

OFF-TOPIC ALERT-SKIP MY POST

(unless you love kitties)

Sometimes I go on youtube just to watch the adorable kitten videos...
My last two cats, including my current guy, were already 1-2 years old when I adopted them.
But I did once find a tiny kitty in the shrubs of the hotel where I (used to) work and raised him, with a baby bottle, etc...he totally thought I was his mommy all his life, which was long and happy.
Enjoy...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member