LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The suggested bike route on google maps is the same way she appeared to be heading and then to take coliseum to Johnston. Coliseum is creepy at night so going brashear to johnston is more reasonable. But theres just no way to know if/what LE is holding back. So any number of things couldve happened and was seen on camera and LE just isnt telling us. Its IMO that they know exactly what is going on and what theyre looking for/where and we're just given enough information/misinformation to feel like we're being kept up to date. I expect major news soon

I agree. Not sure if the efforts turned up anything, or if it was simply that a lead was being followed, but Sunday afternoon I saw a Lafayette PD officer (and cruiser) and a detective (unmarked gold car) searching the side of the road and sidewalk at the corner of St Landry and St Patrick (which I believe is about the 700 block). https://maps.google.com/maps?q&laye...wU&sa=X&ei=9d7HT7nzHYPHsAK34P38Bg&gl=US&hl=en

Idk, it's not a HUGE hospital...wasn't one of the major ones in town. Not sure if there would be a morgue there. But I am positive it was searched.

I respectfully disagree. It was one of the major hospitals. LGMC & OLOL both. There is a morgue at that old location.

i speak bluntly and have been told i should bite my tongue more often...
somebody from germany on this other site, very early on before anything was known, maybe saturday, somebody said something i immediately discounted as... unreliable i will say... he/she gave two locations of interest, including the area of the actual abduction/disappearance and one other.
. . .

I think that is the same person that stated "A room inside a room." When I realized the hospital was right there, I realized there were plenty of rooms within rooms there.

Idk, it's not a HUGE hospital...wasn't one of the major ones in town. Not sure if there would be a morgue there. But I am positive it was searched.

I know for a fact there is a morgue there. As a child I visited it on a field trip. I wouldn't say it's HUGE, but it's not small either. And I have to respectfully disagree, Lourdes is (and was before its move) definitely one of the major ones in town.

A.c.i., hear me out a sec. I just looked again at the camera on the side of LCG covering the employee parking lot. I'm convinced that that camera can see onto St Landry. Its the same type of camera that captured MS. Go look at tourself if you want You can look in and see how its pointed. It would provide another view between the two known cameras. I'm wondering if LPD thought to look at it. They may have and saw nothing. But I could see how they could have overlooked looking at it. What about passing that onto them?

That's why I'm thinking whatever happened happened after the parking lot. I assume the parking lot cameras are functional.

How far from the parking lot's edge to the next camera or to Brashear?

I BEEN SAYING THAT AND THEY GOT SARCASTIC WITH ME BUT I HEAR YA AND I AGREE LOOKS AN AWFUL LOT LIKE A DODGE RAM QUAD CAB. THEY EVEN POSTED A LINK WITH A SIDE BY SIDE. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #13

THAT MAKES THREE OF US NOW (BY MY COUNT) ANYONE ELSE CARE TO. RECONSIDER?

nope, still going with LE.

and I'm not 100% but I think Wheelz was being sarcastic with the picture of the clown truck posted earlier...

The suggested bike route on google maps is the same way she appeared to be heading and then to take coliseum to Johnston. Coliseum is creepy at night so going brashear to johnston is more reasonable. But theres just no way to know if/what LE is holding back. So any number of things couldve happened and was seen on camera and LE just isnt telling us. Its IMO that they know exactly what is going on and what theyre looking for/where and we're just given enough information/misinformation to feel like we're being kept up to date. I expect major news soon

If she indeed happened upon the LCG or LUS parking lot then there must be more footage. I paid my utility bill today via the drive thru. All together there are 5 cameras on the premises, go check it out.

i speak bluntly and have been told i should bite my tongue more often...

when logic and reasoning have gotten you nowhere... when, if ever, is it ok to suspend logic and reasoning and come at something from a different angle?

please read this with a grain of salt...

before i came to this site, i found out about this topic on a conspiracy site. the conduct here is much more professional than there... and i will try to maintain the integrity of this topic here... while possibly going off the deep end at the same time...

If this was my daughter, i would want ALL possibilities explored... and aside from a ufo abduction or anything like that, i would listen with an open mind to about anything...

somebody from germany on this other site, very early on before anything was known, maybe saturday, somebody said something i immediately discounted as... unreliable i will say... he/she gave two locations of interest, including the area of the actual abduction/disappearance and one other.

The first place was on colosseum rd. some little metal roofed buildings where oddly enough on google maps... there is a white truck headed toward from the field.

the second was a three story building with blue pipes running along the side and one section of blue pipe appeared new...

then on seeing that sleuth made video of bikers route, there is a multi-story building with a bright blue stripe along the top.. and NOW we know st landry before colosseum is her last known area of travel...

ok, please... i don't buy into this type of thing but dang...

here is a harsh question... in the abandon hospital in that area.. were all areas inside searched? even those which require keyed access? Are there (LOOK AWAY) morgue body drawers in the basement that have been checked... possibly someplace that is easy to somebody with access to hide a body but not a bike from anybody looking?

i hope by posting this i hope have not discredited myself or this effort too much as a part of me feels out of line for posting any of it...

as a father, i KNOW she is still alive
as a critical thinker, i hope to god she is still alive

apologies ahead of time

peace

I believe we're all here to try and suss out the wheat from the chaff and hopefully come up with theories that hold water. It's very exhilarating to see such a lack of group-think here ...and theories like this one you've put forward, despite the sourcing, have no more or less validity than many of the others.

We all use what we have when is comes to discernment. "That other site" does the same and while there are so many things about the posts there that cause me to view it with little credibility that doesn't mean that some folks there aren't doing their best to also discern the true nature of things.

Hunches, intuition, reason. Your theory has all three. I wonder too at whether that abandoned facility has been gone over thoroughly. It should at least be considered and checked out, IMO.

That being said, through experience I put a lot of faith in the cajun grapevine. I suspect we'll hear something soon.

ill repost my previous question,

so she most likely was hit, but what are the chances that she would die from being hit? if it hit her hard enough to kill her then wouldnt it have thrown her from the bike? leaving blood evidence somewhere? could the bike tire be messed up from the fall to the water and not a vehicle?? and if she was hit then why wouldnt that person call police?

I think someone took mickey and that she is still out there.

Agreed. Plus, think about riding a bike. You are riding, looking ahead and you might turn your head for different reasons; a noise to the left, a light to the right. This is just a still shot that captured her at one second, we have no idea where she was looking just before or just after. This is just ONE second in time.

True, my head swivels constantly when I am riding. Especially if near side streets, parking lots, and driveways.

I don't think it was a KNOWN route home. From what I've seen, no one knows her actual usual route home, after the beginning. But it's the only left turn off St. Landry that works, and does cut to Johnston.

The only right turn that works, at least for me, is the LCG parking lot, with the cutthrough in back to Azalea.

I understand what you are saying. I also, personally, do not think that she was taken right in view of the circleK folks, without them seeing anything. I also, from ACI's post, see how turning onto Brashear is a valid route. But, I also think that there were probably lots of other routes she COULD have taken. We know which route her friend says she typically took, and to my knowledge it did not include a turnoff at this point (please correct me if I am wrong, this is iirc). I have followed lots of cases here at WS, first as a guest and then later I came here for Sky. And from what i have seen, I think we can not discredit the possibility that LE is withholding info. It happens all the time; we think there is nothing and then BOOM, we get an arrest (SK and SL cme to mind recently). From googlemaps (and I do understand it's limitations), Brashear appears to be a quiet residential street. As a woman, who bikes, I may choose this street in the daytime bc it is a prettier ride, but would remain on the brighter, more populated streets at night. Again, just me and the way I see it.

I know that it must be frustrating for locals to hear outsiders' opinions of this horrible thing that has hit so close to home, but sometimes the explaining (even more than once!) can help you to see things in another way. And it's okay if we disagree. No need to try and convince each other! I respect your posts and imput. :moo::rocker:

That's why I'm thinking whatever happened happened after the parking lot. I assume the parking lot cameras are functional.

Not far at all. 20 seconds at the MOST

I respectfully disagree. It was one of the major hospitals. LGMC & OLOL both. There is a morgue at that old location.

More than one of my daughter's home health nurses have said that Our Lady of Lourdes was one of the biggest pains in the rear because it was so large and sprawling. I think someone in a previous post said they'd been part of the search there -- not sure, though, because I've been around since thread #5 or 6, and I'm losing track of what's been said when.

I know for a fact there is a morgue there. As a child I visited it on a field trip. I wouldn't say it's HUGE, but it's not small either. And I have to respectfully disagree, Lourdes is (and was before its move) definitely one of the major ones in town.

Okay, I stand corrected. I only went to Lourdes once, but I always thought of it as comparable to Southwest with limited services. Lafayette General and Women's and Children's are the hospitals we frequent. Sorry!

The next cam's at 224 - a VERY short distance, and she didn't show up.

It would have to be the parking lot, if she turned right, IMO.

it's a known cutthrough that would have shaved time off her route.

Maybe the cameras missed her..... the angle of the camera was pointed down enough to not reach the far edge of the parking lot.

That's a possibility, I think.

Okay, I looked at my videos again, and I think you're referring to the second video, at about 1:50 in, right? If so, the part you're seeing is the emergency room area of the old Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital.

is there any section of that blue stripe on that building that could be considered newer or different?

More than one of my daughter's home health nurses have said that Our Lady of Lourdes was one of the biggest pains in the rear because it was so large and sprawling. I think someone in a previous post said they'd been part of the search there -- not sure, though, because I've been around since thread #5 or 6, and I'm losing track of what's been said when.

I think that was before Equusearch was involve huh? If so, Equusearch involved the theory of searching a premises more than once. If only the initial, unorganized search parties crossed it off, the perp could have gone in after if they were apart of it or knew about it, and got rid of evidence. It wasn't until late last week they actually went in and locked that broken door. They should really try looking again. That's a vast place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member