LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i had to skip a lot... it moves very quickly here...

just wanted to throw out an opinion as a parent re the private investigator and his kidnapped comment...

if it was my child and "the man" was clearly searching for a body... I would also hire a pi that was looking for my child alive... because until I was shown a body, whether or not there is a confession, i would maintain that my child was alive... even if there was only a 1% chance she was... i would cling to that 1% chance with all my might... selling my house, car, and shirt off my back if need be until she was found...

re- police searching st landry on foot... to me this suggests they either have a tip or the forensics on the bike show that the bike was hit from behind and the tire would clearly show that it made a skid mark and they went looking for it

i dont have a problem reading rumors IF they are stated only once, clearly tagged as a rumor, and the source is given, and no "privileged" information regarding "the man's" investigation is revealed...

i'd like to think that people are generally good, but have been aware of peoples web surfing habits since the web began... and these habits show that almost everybody leads 2 lives... the one you see, and the one you don't... unfortunately... if you knew more about the "private" side you don't see of just about everybody... it would make it near impossible to smile or trust ANYBODY...

im done looking at pics unless specifically asked to...

i have a question to anybody in the know...
has any info or speculation uncovered on the web by everybody been of any help to this investigation thus far..?

peace
Yes. the olds 98 has been ruled out with help from chicken fried. Now I am trying t olearn to oblock quotes to make posts shorter. learning curve....sorry.

Concerning Locard's Principle, I wouldn't be surprised if LE has some tire tracks from down in the area where Mickey's bike was recovered....tire tracks. Not sure...but their statement that they do not think the bike was dropped from the bridge said to me that they have some evidence of a vehicle down below.

But, I wonder if they could definitively say it belonged to the person responsible for dumping the bike?

If it is a fishing area, I'd imagine there are lots of tire tracks, especially if people park off to the side in the dirt or mud after launching their boats.

Around here, we have Village Creek, where people go swimming, kayaking, etc. There are tons of tire tracks from people parking under the bridge.

And 215 st landry is where the olds was caught on surv vid, not too far down. Correct?

I'm just now getting why y'all were suggesting places where she turned off.

It took me a good while to figure out where that surv vid of the olds was from and now Im wondering why I didn't figure out right then that the bike and truck didn't show up.

I'm gettin too old I guess.

As a younger kid, I would often ride my bike a few miles or so back and forth between friends houses. The roads I took were nothing more than two lane roads with two way traffic. There really was no room for two cars and a bicycle.
One thing I distinctly remember doing was that when riding after dark, I would pay close attention to headlights in front of me. Obviously, I could see them before they could see me. When this happened, I would tuck away into a driveway or a side street and continue on once car had passed.
I would do similar things when the cars approached from the rear. In darkness, I could easily tell when a car approached from the rear because everything in front of me would illuminate when the car turned onto the road in which I was traveling.
This not only kept me out of lanes of travel, it gave me sort of an "early warning" system should a car follow me.
I know it is remote, but what if Mickey took a similar approach. If we look at the pic of her and the pic of the truck following her, the time that elapsed between her turn on to St. Landry and the trucks turn onto St. Landry would, depending on her rate of speed, likely put her near the funeral home.
If we look at this location on the map, the is access to Parkside Dr. from the back of that parking lot.
This could explain why she was not seen on other footage, and may have given perp time and secure location to clean up any evidence that may have been dropped during the abduction.:moo:

Perhaps I'm focusing on minutiae, perhaps not, but: has LE taken into consideration the variance between timestamps? (IE the clocks on the two cameras/recorders not being perfectly synched -- to each other and/or to Atomic Clock time?)

Thats entirely possible. But based on her travelling from camera A to camera B in approx 1 minute, that puts her travelling around 18 mph (give or take) which is a completely average speed, meaning the times given are likely correct.

What I continued to be intrigued by is what the allowed amount of actual lying is allowed.

For example, they claim there is no additional footage of Mickey. And then A.C.I. says there is continuous footage somewhere down on St. Landry. So would they lie or can we then conclude that she did divert her path right there or was hit right there somewhere.

It's clear they withold info. But how much outright lying would they do. If they can just lie for undisclosed reasons, I feel like a lot of us are wasting our time trying to even do any brainwork based on the tiny bits of info released.

How many hundreds of pages of speculation were there about Sierra's scent ending at the driveway and..did her mom do it? Someone broke in! Musta been the stepdad!...etc Come to find out it was really halfway down her street...

There's always so much more we don't know. JMO

i have a question regarding the hand-grips being found... if it has been cleared up, i could not find where...

It would be cool to see as much speculation as to why the handgrips could be off the handles as there has been speculation about the trucks. It's such a bizarre detail to me that the LE almost implied they WERE separated.

We (I) are trying to determine whether the pickup came after her or before her on st Landry. Can you tell any order from these photos?
All I can say and I'm just assuming, that the one in the middle .. the one with the most vehicles at the pumps, either came first or last. Sorry. I don't know why we have a time for MS at the Circle K, but none of the others. I'm befuddled.

It would be cool to see as much speculation as to why the handgrips could be off the handles as there has been speculation about the trucks. It's such a bizarre detail to me that the LE almost implied they WERE separated.

It is a bizarre detail to me too. Why would a person remove the handgrips from a bicycle?

I suppose all LEO's are different but ours were exceptional when our son went missing. They were thorough and precise. They worked diligently and came to our home numerous times each day and night. They allowed me to work the phone records myself, since AT&T didn't want to release the cell records without a lot of paperwork. I finally broke down, cried and pitched a fit then begged....and some sweet lady gave in and sent them to me.

When our son was found, they allowed my husband (who was/is a chaplain with the sheriff's department), to wear a Kevlar vest and go in with them to retrieve him. It was pretty amazing for him to be a part of that recovery. I can't say enough good things about our Police Department.

Shefner, as a newbie to WS, I don't know your story but it does sound like the police on your area are wonderful. I couldn't imagine not being involved doing SOMETHING to help the search/investigation for my child. I'm sorry.

It is a bizarre detail to me too. Why would a person remove the handgrips from a bicycle?

Its been probably 20 years since I rode a bike...do the grips come off easily?

If she was holding them tightly and someone pulled her off the bike, would they come off in her hands?

It would make sense to remove them so that they were NEVER found. But, to remove them and dump them in the vicinity of the bike makes no sense to me whatsoever.

The log initially refused to answer questions without an attorney present. :banghead:

LOL !

seriously though, they said the stump was submerged and was 30 feet from where the bike was, so im guessing they knew there was an object and figured they should get it. the water is too muddy to determine what the object is until its removed from the water first.

Its been probably 20 years since I rode a bike...do the grips come off easily?

If she was holding them tightly and someone pulled her off the bike, would they come off in her hands?

Unless they had been replaced by someone who did not know what they were doing, I am pretty sure they'd have to be cut off to be removed.

For those of us checking in this morning, was anything found during the breathless events of last night? A quick summary of the current state of affairs would be greatly appreciated by this bleary-eyed late arrival!

s

So glad for this post as I have been following very closely and the threads are going too fast to catch up. Me and my Boston slept in, i have been staying up late to read threads for a week now! I am off from work today and will continue to check it.
Anyway I am glad they did not find her there. I will remain hopeful and think positive thoughts as I go about my day today.

I do not know about other people, but in my circle of friends we constantly talk about where the security cameras are and where new ones have been posted; kinda as a joke. I got a speeding ticket through campus by one and ever since then I have been on the lookout. My father knows where they all are in town. lol. And we are not criminals; probably not as smart as criminals. I suffice it to say that the average criminal knows more about security cameras than the average person with no criminal record.

Putting this youtube video on this thread too so it doesn't get lost. It's a video of how strong the current is at Whiskey Bay Pilot Channel. I'm not sure if it is like this all the time or there was a specific reason for that particular day. It was mentioned on a previous thread that divers and searchers in boats were having trouble because the current was so bad the other day. Maybe someone on here can give a better insight on it.

http://youtu.be/-JSrs88g4RA

If this video was filmed last May(2011) like the link in the last thread was, then the current would be unusually swift because of the flooding of last Spring when Morganzana was opened up and the residents of the Basin were told to leave. Right? I am not saying the APC does not have a strong current and whirlpools, it does, but the vids from last May may be stronger than usual.

Thats entirely possible. But based on her travelling from camera A to camera B in approx 1 minute, that puts her travelling around 18 mph (give or take) which is a completely average speed, meaning the times given are likely correct.

The intent behind that question was to attempt to establish whether or not the photos of the truck in question were being presented in proper sequence. (Assuming they were captured by different cameras)

Or is there only one photo of the DWTIQ? (D*mn White Truck In Question)

Unless they had been replaced by someone who did not know what they were doing, I am pretty sure they'd have to be cut off to be removed.

Handle grips just slide on/off. They should fit on tight, but that's not always the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member