LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe since hers were glittery gold, they were some kind of accessories?

actually after doing a little searching (googled: bike grips slipping) it is a very common problem for bike grips to slip

(that being said I have four bikes and they are all tight as drums (the handgrips).. I guess I got lucky!)

Ok. I did not realize that neither MS nor our truck of interest are caught on the next camera. That seems ..just unbelievable that no mishap was caught on camera now. There must have been cameras behind the govt building, musta been. How far is the 215 camera from the camera where she was last seen (what address was that?).

Maybe there are different kinds of grips?

*goes to mess with son's bike*

My granddaughter's tricycle grips slip off easily. Made nuts because I was so afraid she would hit her self on the raw end of the metal handlebar!

Ok. I did not realize that neither MS nor our truck of interest are caught on the next camera. That seems ..just unbelievable that no mishap was caught on camera now. There must have been cameras behind the govt building, musta been. How far is the 215 camera from the camera where she was last seen (what address was that?).

Its about 20 seconds away on a bike

May I thro something else out here for people to ponder. There are a lot of youngish looking girls (women) with blonde hair that walk/ride bikes in this neighborhood where MS was. Is it possible someone was stalking someone else for weeks, mnonths, etc and could have mistaken MS for his/her 'intention'? It scares me to even think my own whereabouts would be watched (blushing and not going to give my physical description here). shudders to even think about it.

May I thro something else out here for people to ponder. There are a lot of youngish looking girls (women) with blonde hair that walk/ride bikes in this neighborhood where MS was. Is it possible someone was stalking someone else for weeks, mnonths, etc and could have mistaken MS for his/her 'intention'? It scares me to even think my own whereabouts would be watched (blushing and not going to give my physical description here). shudders to even think about it.

How would this be relevant?

Makes me wonder if they found the pedals too?

To me, it'd be much easier to break or take off a pedal. My boyfriend has had to have his pedals replaced many, many times.

There had to have been something on the handgrips. I wonder if the perp cut himself? I hope his attempt to clean up after himself by removing the handgrips and dumping them near the bike didn't remove forensic evidence.

Locard’s Exchange Principle. This principleamplifies one of the most salient points in criminology, and that is “every contact leaves a trace.”
http://www.scribd.com/doc/13221197/Crime-Scene-Reconstruction-and-Analysis-

"Using this principle, for the life of me I can't understand why the exact location of the abduction of Mickey Schunick hasn't been located by investigators'. Seems that K9s could have easily identified the spot, as well as MS's route within the 1st or 2nd day.
Here we are 12/13 days out without this critical info, that would be very important for receiving public tips.

Mickey's family did not contact LE until around 6:30 the night of the morning she was last seen. I'm under the impression that organized searches did not begin until Sunday. If my memory serves me correctly, it stormed in Lafayette on Sunday evening. I don't think the St. Landry Street area was searched with canine before the rain. Would the rain effect a canine search?

Shefner, as a newbie to WS, I don't know your story but it does sound like the police on your area are wonderful. I couldn't imagine not being involved doing SOMETHING to help the search/investigation for my child. I'm sorry.

Virtually every missing person investigation has its pitfalls. Although the MS investigation got off to a slow start due to several factors, LPD & the Schunick family have done a great job & should be saluted for bringing in additional professional resources, imo.

The resources brought in; FBI BAU, TES, PI, and the many other LE agencies within the first few days after her disapperance. And let's not forget the thousands of volunteer searchers from the community. Many are retired or off duty public safety, military, etc..

The awareness generated in the Mickey Schunick has been no less than amazing.

I was refering to the legality of myself doing the sleuthing, laws be damned, but yes I think PI s are licensed by the state.

We are indeed licensed by the state. People however do it occasionally withought a license. Thats not recommended because 1: its dangerous. And 2: youre in a variety of **** storms if you get caught.

It took a bit of effort to get the grip off my son's bike. Seems weird if they really were removed. :what:

I hate to tear myself away, but maybe by the time I'm done getting my hair re-pinkified, Mickey will be found. I sure hope so. :thumbup:

It is relevant if we can determine timing of this issue. I know the truck is relevant but I AM NOT LOOKING AT THE TRUCK (believe it or not) in this pic. I am looking at the cars at the gas station and the spec on the rt of the person running to the gas station. trying to determine why the spec is not in MS photo but in these other two photos. thinking this truck of interest may have been ahead of MS.

see my post on page 6 re this...

Yes, things were certainly tense here for a time - at Whiskey Bay I mean! Wouldn't be referring to anything else, lol.

Any white trucks driven by this a.m.??

There's a long line of white trucks at the body shop waiting for new paint jobs - the color au jour is silver. :wink:

Handgrips are hard to clean. They are usually porous or have a lot of little grooves for "gripping". If the perp grabbed the handgrips at some point to put them in his truck he realized that there would be DNA and skin cells trapped in there. The bike body could be cleaned a variety of ways, but the handgrips would be tough.

ARE private investigators legal? What is their role in the judicial system?

Yes, they are legal. They don't have a role in the judicial system unless they work for a defense attorney to my knowledge. Why would you think her family would hire someone ILLEGAL????
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

this lands at random/gentle reminder: please attack the post not the postER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members