ACTIVE SEARCH Australia. Man wanted after pouring hot coffee on baby in park, Brisbane, Queensland. 27th August 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thus proving he is totally unsuitable to be a citizen of Australia, or anywhere for that matter.
Yes, so I am really curious how China will deal with him. If he had done something like that to a baby in China, he would have met with severe consequences from his government, I believe.

So what will China do in this circumstance? I don't think they want all the bad press that would come with him being sent back to Australia to be prosecuted there. I think China would rather sweep it under the rug---they might prefer to quietly deal with the issue themselves, behind closed doors.

Yes, so I am really curious how China will deal with him. If he had done something like that to a baby in China, he would have met with severe consequences from his government, I believe.

So what will China do in this circumstance? I don't think they want all the bad press that would come with him being sent back to Australia to be prosecuted there. I think China would rather sweep it under the rug---they might prefer to quietly deal with the issue themselves, behind closed doors.

Maybe a report to the Aussie govt via diplomatic sources that he has been dealt with in such-and-such a way.

"On the mainland social media 'Little Red Book',
a Chinese person in Australia who claimed to know him, broke the news
that this man has always been weird and difficult to deal with,'
added NTD Television.

'He has been working in a meat factory with a study permit for a long time. Later, the meat factory did not require a study permit.'

The TV station alleged the man 'probably [attacked Luka] to take revenge on the white people, before running away'.

Queensland Police said that while the suspect's name has been reported in Chinese media, Australian police would not release it due to the risk of compromising the investigation.

Dr Tim Watson-Munro questions that approach.

'I think it's a bit peculiar, they're saying it's for operational reasons
but I don't understand how naming him would prejudice any case,'
he said.

'Criminals in Australia are named
so unless they know more than we do I think it's quite unusual'."

I really wish they would stop using Tim Munro-Watson for expert opinion on police tactics (as per linked article in above post by @Dotta).

He lost his psychologist license for years, and now he is some kind of expert on police tactics. Maybe he can speak on criminal psychology, but not the police.
No matter how much a person has "changed", they don't usually lose their character flaws. imo

(Paraphrased)
Reprimanded for having a personal relationship with a medical practitioner who had had a psychiatric illness.
Had lived a dual life for years that was deceitful to his profession, his colleagues, his clients and his family - and also involved sustained and serious ethical impropriety.
Found he had character flaws including lack of candour, denial and minimisation.
Said what he believed the board wished to hear.
Pleaded guilty to using and possessing cocaine, and avoided conviction.
Implicated his then-friend who was arrested on more serious drug charges.

Disgraced psychologist loses new bid to practise

Last edited:
I really wish they would stop using Tim Munro-Watson for expert opinion on police tactics (as per linked article in above post by @Dotta).

He lost his psychologist license for years, and now he is some kind of expert on police tactics. Maybe he can speak on criminal psychology, but not the police. imo

(Paraphrased)
Reprimanded for having a personal relationship with a medical practitioner who had had a psychiatric illness.
Had lived a dual life for years that was deceitful to his profession, his colleagues, his clients and his family - and also involved sustained and serious ethical impropriety.
Found he had character flaws including lack of candour, denial and minimisation.
Said what he believed the board wished to hear.
Pleaded guilty to using and possessing cocaine, and avoided conviction.
Implicated his then-friend who was arrested on more serious drug charges.

Disgraced psychologist loses new bid to practise

The perp's name and photo is all over the Internet.
The guy being reprimanded by OP is right.
No need to ridicule the expert who is employed by MSM.

JMO

The perp's name and photo is all over the Internet.
The guy being reprimanded by OP is right.
No need to ridicule the expert who is employed by MSM.

JMO

I am not ridiculing him, Dotta. I am pointing out the facts about the "expert" when he was not a young kid, but an adult of 45 years old.

There is very likely inter-country diplomacy that needs to be observed by our country if we ever have a hope of getting this perp to justice.

Australia quite frequently has a frayed relationship with China. We don't need someone telling the public what the police should or shouldn't do. The police know what is best as they attempt their negotiations.

imo

I am not ridiculing him, Dotta. I am pointing out the facts about the "expert" when he was not a young kid, but an adult of 45 years old.

There is very likely inter-country diplomacy that needs to be observed by our country if we ever have a hope of getting this perp to justice.

imo

The perp is gone.
The chance to catch him was while he was in Australia.
I seriously doubt he will be extradited.

Maybe if his full data were disclosed in time, the situation would be different.

JMO

The perp is gone.
The chance to catch him was while he was in Australia.
I seriously doubt he will be extradicted.

Maybe if his full data were disclosed in time, the situation would be different.

JMO

Yes, maybe it would have been different if we knew who he was before he fled. But now that he has fled, the police have to do what they need to do to try to get him to justice - either there or here.

Remember the police were led astray about who he was until hours after he fled.

Det Insp Paul Dalton from the South Brisbane district Child Protection Investigation Unit, said the man was now believed to be overseas after flying out of Sydney airport on 31 August.

Dalton said the man was identified by Queensland police on 1 September – just 12 hours later.
“This is probably one of the most complex and sometimes frustrating investigations that I’ve had to be involved in and lead,” he said.

Last edited:
This would be one way the Chinese authorities dished out punishment to prisoners... He would be so sorry if he had indeed fled to China.

No matter how much a person has "changed", they don't usually lose their character flaws. imo

Rsbm.

Great sentence and insight. I just wanted to highlight it because it feels like such a true statement and relevant for many cases. Or life in general. Imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143
Back