LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad that LE is still searching Whiskey Bay, but I cant help but think they will not find her there. I think they may still find evidence there (or have found additional evidence they arent mentioning) & should keep searching, but I have to think this is a perp, not an accident. And a perp would normally abduct a female in a situation like this most likely for sexual reasons, and also probably to hurt her/end her life. So I dont think he would abduct her, then immediately drive to Whiskey Bay & take her life (where else would he do it if he immediately rushed to the interstate), and then hide her & her body. Unless he did not dump the bike in those early morning hours, I'm not sure if I think she was ever there. Perhaps he dumped the bike the next night once the news of her being missing began to spread around town. Also, if she was dumped @ Whiskey Bay in the water, I agree with whomever said she would probably not be in that location anymore- the current is so fast (y'all saw that video I'm sure). Although the bike seems to have not moved from its location where it was placed, not that we know that for sure.

Just FYI. There are police sirens everywhere nonstop around university and st landry right now. not a funeral procession, not ambulances. followed by police motorcycles everywhere for 2-3 minutes. sirnes, motorcycles,etc. stopped now. seemed more than usual.

Hi! My first post. Been lurking for a week.
I think this might just be a funeral. I must have seen this as soon as you posted it. I checked the street cam page http://www.lafayettela.gov/TrafficCameras/University_TrafficCameras.aspx and caught them at the cameras at cameron and willow. Lots of cops. But in the line was a hearse surrounded by 4 motorcycle cops and shortly after a limo type vehicle (but not a limo? just a stretch??)- the kind used for the family.

For what it's worth, I Didn't see them at the camera on university at I10.

Yes they do whenever there is a paid show, which is typical for a Friday night. I don't know what they looked like that night but they are always simple colored paper ones.

IIRC, BW stated it was a free night in one of his interviews. Anyone else remember that?

As a younger kid, I would often ride my bike a few miles or so back and forth between friends houses. The roads I took were nothing more than two lane roads with two way traffic. There really was no room for two cars and a bicycle.
One thing I distinctly remember doing was that when riding after dark, I would pay close attention to headlights in front of me. Obviously, I could see them before they could see me. When this happened, I would tuck away into a driveway or a side street and continue on once car had passed.
I would do similar things when the cars approached from the rear. In darkness, I could easily tell when a car approached from the rear because everything in front of me would illuminate when the car turned onto the road in which I was traveling.
This not only kept me out of lanes of travel, it gave me sort of an "early warning" system should a car follow me.
I know it is remote, but what if Mickey took a similar approach. If we look at the pic of her and the pic of the truck following her, the time that elapsed between her turn on to St. Landry and the trucks turn onto St. Landry would, depending on her rate of speed, likely put her near the funeral home.
If we look at this location on the map, the is access to Parkside Dr. from the back of that parking lot.
This could explain why she was not seen on other footage, and may have given perp time and secure location to clean up any evidence that may have been dropped during the abduction.:moo:
I disagree with your timing for these reasons.
1. there is no time on the truck of interest
2. both the pic of MS and the truck of interest have the same cars at the gas station. Not only that there is yet another pic of the same two cars at that gas station (in which there is again no time). When I am gassing up it is quick; I rarely see the same car by me when I am pumping as when I am returning from payment (and I usually use a debit card). So what I am saying is that there is a long span of time in which these pics were in the vicinity of the gas station; and for that reason I think the truck of interest may be going as slow as MS on her bike. Which would freak me out as a bike rider. If the truck was going that slow and MS was slow, I am not surprised they did not make it to the next camera; truck and MS at same pace, ripe for BAD STUFF.

Hi! My first post. Been lurking for a week.
I think this might just be a funeral. I must have seen this as soon as you posted it. I checked the street cam page http://www.lafayettela.gov/TrafficCameras/University_TrafficCameras.aspx and caught them at the cameras at cameron and willow. Lots of cops. But in the line was a hearse surrounded by 4 motorcycle cops and shortly after a limo type vehicle (but not a limo? just a stretch??)- the kind used for the family.

For what it's worth, I Didn't see them at the camera on university at I10.

Speaking of traffic cams and 4door white trucks... See how many are at that business on the corner of Willow and University? Needle in a stack of needles as someone said yesterday.

Severe thunderstorm watch for Lafayette Parish until 6PM. Hoping that the searchers out there stay safe!

It is a bizarre detail to me too. Why would a person remove the handgrips from a bicycle?
Is it possible to imagine that MS was strong enough to hold her own on that bike and that the PERP had to tear her hands off that bike handlebars to do whatever he did? Could MS have her hands on those grips and holding on for dear life until she could not hold anymore.

OR

PERP wanted to get fingerprint evidence off and something stopped him (new car, being seen?) that prevented him from tearing them off completely?

OR

bike was on the ground in scuffle and got ripped off by pavement?

Can anyone think of anything else?

Is this Mickey in the background stopped ? Just asking I'm new and was wondering if someone checked that? :)

If you look back at the photo of the truck driving in that same location, you will see the exact object in it. I am certain it is a permanent fixture. That's if we are talking about the same item. The item that appears to be a person on the sidewalk?

Feu Follet was one of them. It was some kind of free show for clean air. Since it was free I don't know if they would use armbands that night.

That is possible but they may still have done arm bands to differentiate those who are over 21 from those who are under. It's much easier to do that than to ask people for ID's every time they get drinks... just a thought.

Speaking of traffic cams and 4door white trucks... See how many are at that business on the corner of Willow and University? Needle in a stack of needles as someone said yesterday.

That's a body shop. I wonder what kind of damage those trucks have.

Is there any way to find out if someone has "lawyered up"?

I'm wondering if the truck of interest is a new enough model to have OnStar? I believe it comes standard now on certain GM models. Obviously if you're upto no good, you would not have it "on"...geesh I don't know enough about it to know how works. Once they narrow it down to a specific car they are looking for (exact one), they may be able to locate it that way? Also, the impact of the truck against a bike probably would not trigger it but if the impact was big enough it might?

Is this Mickey in the background stopped ? Just asking I'm new and was wondering if someone checked that? :)

WHERE???? I just got out my magnifying glass to look! I only see somebody possibly standing on the right curb!!!!! What do you see??????

WHERE???? I just got out my magnifying glass to look! I only see somebody possibly standing on the right curb!!!!! What do you see??????

Guys this has been covered. It's a street sign.

The intent behind that question was to attempt to establish whether or not the photos of the truck in question were being presented in proper sequence. (Assuming they were captured by different cameras)

Or is there only one photo of the DWTIQ? (D*mn White Truck In Question)
TDWTIQ could also be this truck, but I am not sure if anyone has thoroughly thought this through yet. maybe we can do so now.

Attachments

• uX372.jpg
    uX372.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 48
Thanks. Anyone have any links to any kind of pics from that show?

Bet Artmosphere has pics of the show. Places like that a often show pics on their websites.

Just FYI. There are police sirens everywhere nonstop around university and st landry right now. not a funeral procession, not ambulances. followed by police motorcycles everywhere for 2-3 minutes. sirnes, motorcycles,etc. stopped now. seemed more than usual.

Keep us posted. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member