LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laffy, re: the cameras on the Lafayette Consolidated Govt. building, I said there were three cameras on the left side of the building covering the big employee parking lot. The one you are describing is the long white "gun" camera covering the drivers entering the drive thru to pay utility bills, correct? The other two are farther down the building going toward Azalea. They look like lamps hanging off the building. The have a dark semi-circle plastic cover on the bottom half. The whole mechanism is slightly larger than a softball. These two cameras are like the one that took MS's picture. They have others on all sides of the building like these. The "gun"camera, I don't know if it would record. It may just be a feed into the teller area so they can see if someone is waiting at the drive thru.

IF the grips were removed it's because they are difficult to clean, and they would have used the grips to push the bike to the truck.

Yes, I thought of this today and realized that this person knows what they are doing, and most likely is a pro.- if such a thing exists.

L

If they threw the bike and grips separately off the bridge, and the bike hit the shore so they had to go down the exit and get it, they probably couldn't find the grips in the dark.

The most important clue we have is the white z71. At this point, finding it and ruling it either in or out seems the logical direction to proceed. We know the VOI headed west on St Landry at 1:48 just before something happened to Mickey and the VOI "went" somewhere after that. Whoever abducted Mickey then made their way north to I-10 and headed east to Whiskey Bay. There were a number of cams placed along every potenial route back to the Interstate. The truck had to come from somewhere, perhaps it can be located on cams in the period before Mickey passed in front of Circle K.

Finding additional cam phots of the VOI accomplishes two objectives: 1) get more details about the vehicle; narrow down model and features and 2) cet a clue as to where it had been or where it was going .

Realisticly, there are very few vehicles on the road between say 2:45 and 4:30 AM. Any white z71 caught on any cam anywhere in the Lafayette or Baton Rouge area should be of interest.

Although there might be tens of thousands of white P.U's in the area, specific year/model identity can narrow it down and these can be identified by VIN. (color can not generally be identified by VIN). A few hundred vehicles can be sorted through if LE is willing to invest the resources. ( The FBI has done this on a number of occasions). If a vehicle consistant with know information were caught on a cam on a major road leading from I-10 at, say 4:15 that night, that would tell them where to start.

PS, for what its worth, I am now satisfied that white truck heading east in front of the Circle K is different from out VOI. That white truck does not have the z71 decal on the back sidepanel while the VOI apparently does. I can't eyeball that and I can't see any bed lid but I trust LE, with better originals and better equiptment, can. I am confused as to why this was not clairified sooner.

Unfortunately the cams along I-10 do not record. They are merely observational.

Re the building with the blue stripe along top - I believe you are speaking of the Lourdes parking tower. Not the spooky one across from the hospital proper but the one actually attached to the hospital itself. Someone asked if it looked like any part of it was recently painted and I would say no.

I think it would be too risky to throw it, even if there was no one on their side of the bridge.

Laffy, re: the cameras on the Lafayette Consolidated Govt. building, I said there were three cameras on the left side of the building covering the big employee parking lot. The one you are describing is the long white "gun" camera covering the drivers entering the drive thru to pay utility bills, correct? The other two are farther down the building going toward Azalea. They look like lamps hanging off the building. The have a dark semi-circle plastic cover on the bottom half. The whole mechanism is slightly larger than a softball. These two cameras are like the one that took MS's picture. They have others on all sides of the building like these. The "gun"camera, I don't know if it would record. It may just be a feed into the teller area so they can see if someone is waiting at the drive thru.

Then the cops know if she's on there... and they also know if the DVR recordings were or were not saved long enough. but that has been kept confidential. As far as finding her, the operative part is that they couldn't find her on camera.

As far as covering up if the tapes were indeed erased, that would be buried very deep because this town will go nuts if it comes out that their own seat of gov't accidentally erased the tapes before they were checked. The LCG lot, whether they like it or not, is a prime focus.

Can I ask you, if you know, had Mickey made it down further on Landry, after the CircleK, where would the next surveillance cam be, on what building?

ok This really bothers me so I must post. Then sleep.

A relative of mine in the 1960's had just sold 80k worth of cattle and then he had two PERPS come to his HOME and threaten to kill his wife and 5 children. He wrestled the PERPS and killed one. The story gets worse, but two people are serving life for the crime.

If MS was about to sell a horse, that is HUGE!!!!!

going to sleep....

Nite have a good rest!

Can I ask you, if you know, had Mickey made it down further on Landry, after the CircleK, where would the next surveillance cam be, on what building?

Did someone say 224? There's a business there.

I could be mis-remembering.

People have said the funeral home Martin and Castille has lots.

Okay, good to know, and I appreciate the clarification.

Yes, I assumed the "gun" camera was tied into the teller area, but I didn't realize those are often not set up to actually record. I do vaguely recall seeing objects like what you are describing on the side of the building. If those were recording, then obviously either Mickey did not take that shortcut to Azalea, or she did and law enforcement doesn't want to reveal what's on that video. Is there any chance, in your opinion, that LCG would have recycled that footage before being able to take a look at it? Surely not, I'd have to think, considering the footage we DO have of Mickey is also from an LCG camera.

I think it would be too risky to throw it, even if there was no one on their side of the bridge.

I would think so too. But I'm having trouble with the report by a poster that the search was at the Pilot Channel. That's on the west.

Someone corrected me upthread, but I need to go back and look at the origial post from last night.

The person said they saw the activity.... and I think they said it was at the Pilot Channel on the east side. If so, that's a big mistake. The Pilot channel is on the WEST, and the WORK channel is on the east.

That may be the source of the confusion.

I thought the person last night said the activity was on the EAST side. If so, that's the work channel, and matches the reported location of the bike.

But the reported location from the bike could ALSO be in error.

The operative problem is that not even most of the locals know the correct terms for the various features of the area - and that is making this IMPOSSIBLE to sleuth!

At this point, I don't trust anything but a wide-angle view of the actual searh in progress, to determine the actual location. :-(

Ok I think I know the answer to this already, but do the cameras on top of the light posts at the intersection of univ and st Landry record? I thought I remembered hearing they were for monitoring traffic flow to time the traffic lights? Just wondering

Awful just awful. Could our Perp get to Picayune MS within 48 hours and do this? Again, makes me wonder if there an underground network on the internet going on.

Hi! I read a post you made earlier in this case about being followed on the internet. (something to that effect) And now this comment
Would you tell me what you mean?
Not being rude-- Just interested! You peaked my curiosity. :)

Oh- Its ok if you dont want to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member