LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorta O/T but for those of you searching tomorrow, if you tuck a dryer sheet in your back pocket it will shew away mosquitos, bees, etc. Tried this out Saturday night while being forced to work outside for 8 hours and dang, it really works. (evidently the critters are not fond of the smell) It worked for me and thought it might help y'all out. Good luck and God Bless.

I saw this on Pinterest and was wondering if it worked! haha

I've been lurking throughout the MS case and decided to finally post. :) I'm a Lafayette native.

Just wondering if it's possible that someone knew about RM's prior hit and run, then because of that, posted on the GLP site. Then someone saw that on the site, called the tip line, and got the ball rolling for police to look at RM. To me, it's possible that the original poster just knew about RM's history and speculated and the rest is falling in line from that post, not the other way around (RM hitting MIckey, someone finding out, someone posting on GLP).
I was hoping that was the guy, but have a feeling it's not.

I'm headed to Lafayette on Saturday and can't wait to join the search to Bring Mickey Home!

Those are my thoughts as well! He is only being questioned!!! Thats why reputable media outlets are not carrying this bit.

I have to ask once more.

Is there any proof that this individual is involved? We could potentially be taking a persons name based on not sure what yet and spreading misinformation. That should give us all pause as it could happen to any of us.

That's why we need to be careful to say stuff like IF he was involved....

As far as talking about his OWI and wreck, though, the kid wrote his own ticket on that. It's public info and he killed a man. the man may have turned into him, but sometimes intoxication will make the difference between making up for the other driver's mistake and not making up for the other driver's mistake.

I'm aware...and it's my point. In what sane society does a Chief Administrative Officer make any such decisions?? The DA is not the only person they TELL what to do...which is why you don't see this on the news. And it's certainly nothing to be proud of.

Not a fan of LCG CAO- especially with allegations he and Craft are facing but i know that we didn't hear this on KATC tonight because they won't discuss it without an arrest. I think they (or at least this reporter) is trying to cover this story with integrity and spare the family, IMO.

I apologize if this as already been discussed, as I have not been able to read every post on all threads...but I came across the below article and had not heard this mentioned in other articles I had read. Has anything else been said about the other young girl who states she was riding her bike around the same time and was also approached by a man in a white pick-up. The article is worded like the girl may have known the person, as it says he is always trying to pick up girls.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/m...edator-responsible-for-abduction-video-75834/

I don't want you to get "yelled" at by anyone else...so I will answer, yes it has been discussed and I think it was actually 2pm, in the day time when this happened...

Don't know if this is the same guy as that was leaving the cryptic clues at GLP, but someone left posts last night and this evening that lead you to believe the author knows what is going down. I won't post his screen name. He said that McGee and his damaged truck were taken into custody last night by a large contingent of police. This he said has not been reported by the MSM. That could explain the rumors coming out of Henderson.

Lafayette police, of course, are denying anyone is in custody.

It does make me wonder. If he is a troll, he is convincing.

The poster username "Info"?

19 year olds don't often drive newer model vehicles that are worth 5 figures.
Ones that have been convicted of felony hit and run while drunk driving, are not likely to be loaned Mom or Dad's primary vehicle so they can go out at 1:48 a.m. on a weekend night either.

This doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Look at hulk hogans son.....! Perfect example that it does happen ALL THE TIME. When a young kid has a prominent last name---they get away with EVERYTHING! I live in IL and have seen it my entire life---politics from birth! We have a DUI judge that has had 5 dui's herself...she was even found drunk, naked, and suicidal on the railroad tracks 3 years ago...yup...still a dui judge :banghead:

Once again I am going to advise caution here.

This is probably only one of many individuals that LE has probably questioned.

This does not mean this individual is involved.

I have to ask once more.

Is there any proof that this individual is involved? We could potentially be taking a persons name based on not sure what yet and spreading misinformation. That should give us all pause as it could happen to any of us.

No proof that I know of, but LE is clearly holding back a lot of information on this case, so I have to believe there is a reason they confirmed that they spoke to McGee.

Given his past fatal hit and run accident, McGee has already soiled his own name... if it turns out that he's not involved with this case, he's still scum in my book. Jmo.

You don't know the spoiled rich kid mentality down here then. I know plenty of 16 yr olds who get $60,000 trucks with custom lifts, chrome, wenches, the works. It's keeping up with the Boudreaux's .

My 18yo son is allowed to take my husbands new Ford Fx4 fully loaded truck to go out. Now he doesn't drink so I really don't have to worry but I feel that he is safer driving this truck instead of his beat up 2001 vehicle. Now on the other had, had he been involved in an accident where he got a DUI/Hit and Run/Fatality accident, he would NEVER be allowed to drive ANY of my vehicles again, including his own (although it's in my name). But he is far from being spoiled. Like I said earlier, I allow it for safety purposes.

peeps: we do not allow psychic discussion here at websleuths. Just a gentle reminder

That's why we need to be careful to say stuff like IF he was involved....

As far as talking about his OWI and wreck, though, the kid wrote his own ticket on that. It's public info and he killed a man. the man may have turned into him, but sometimes intoxication will make the difference between making up for the other driver's mistake and not making up for the other driver's mistake.

Respectfully,

That does not mean that he is involved in this incident.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

I don't want you to get "yelled" at by anyone else...so I will answer, yes it has been discussed and I think it was actually 2pm, in the day time when this happened...

Correct. And it was a couple of months earlier, IIRC

"morning when the car his was driving was struck by another vehicle being driven by Rocky James Mcgee, 17, also of Breaux Bridge."

Read more: TecheToday.com - One dead in accident on Saturday

http://www.techetoday.com/view/full_story/8438970/article-One-dead-in-accident-on-Saturday

OMG! That's horrific. Back in 1997 my grandfather and Uncle were struck by a drunk driver - the back seat of the car was pushed into the hood area. Needless to say, my grandfather and uncle were killed. It was the driver's 3rd offense. He served a total of 2 years in jail for killing my granddaddy and uncle. Unfortunately, it seems that here in Louisiana the laws on drinking and driving aren't enforced. It's the innocent and their families that suffer, of course.

I've been lurking throughout the MS case and decided to finally post. :) I'm a Lafayette native.

Just wondering if it's possible that someone knew about RM's prior hit and run, then because of that, posted on the GLP site. Then someone saw that on the site, called the tip line, and got the ball rolling for police to look at RM. To me, it's possible that the original poster just knew about RM's history and speculated and the rest is falling in line from that post, not the other way around (RM hitting MIckey, someone finding out, someone posting on GLP).
I was hoping that was the guy, but have a feeling it's not.

I'm headed to Lafayette on Saturday and can't wait to join the search to Bring Mickey Home!

I tend to agree. I read all that stuff on GLP a few days ago. When that one guy posted the first couple messages... NO BODY on the site seemed to know anything he was talking about. It wasn't until the guy posted a link to the article in the tech paper that I started hearing RM name.

I was searching RM name (google) and police arrest records 2 days ago from that GLP post. Wasn't until today I actually heard RM name from anyone else. (I mean in real life)

Take Care!

You don't know the spoiled rich kid mentality down here then. I know plenty of 16 yr olds who get $60,000 trucks with custom lifts, chrome, wenches, the works. It's keeping up with the Boudreaux's .

Look at hulk hogans son.....! Perfect example that it does happen ALL THE TIME. When a young kid has a prominent last name---they get away with EVERYTHING! I live in IL and have seen it my entire life---politics from birth! We have a DUI judge that has had 5 dui's herself...she was even found drunk, naked, and suicidal on the railroad tracks 3 years ago...yup...still a dui judge :banghead:

That doesn't surprise me at all! It's sickening to even think about it. We should adopt Germany's (I think) law and have them killed by a firing squad. Please correct me if this is incorrect. Didn't take the time to look it up.

I apologize if this as already been discussed, as I have not been able to read every post on all threads...but I came across the below article and had not heard this mentioned in other articles I had read. Has anything else been said about the other young girl who states she was riding her bike around the same time and was also approached by a man in a white pick-up. The article is worded like the girl may have known the person, as it says he is always trying to pick up girls.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/m...edator-responsible-for-abduction-video-75834/

Yes, there was some discussion about her in the last couple of threads. Also, her mom was on Nancy Grace, I believe. I can try to find the link for you, but it will take me a bit. On an iPad!

ETA: Here the link to the show clip: http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/05/28/police-seek-man-offering-rides-young-women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member