LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But there ARE sharks. Quite a few actually. Fresh water sharks in the basin and what not. I can show you pics. Alligators + Sharks= nightmares

When I was little, after going to the Basin exhibit at the Aquarium in NOLA,I became terrified that my family would accidentally drive off the Basin bridge on one of our Laffy to NOLA trips and I'd be eaten by sharks and alligators. I'd cry every time we made the drive. My poor parents!:blushing:

I sure hope so...I am very pregnant and don't want to be too miserable in the heat!

Being in the heat with mosquitos and whatnot, and being pregnant, I wouldn't recommend you searching. Sorry.

I hope LE searched every dumpster in the area, or notified the landfill to place a certain area garbage pick up in one area

It was said on here many times that either a passenger/wife/friend would mostly likely turn the perp in if they knew something!

It happens, but not that often...I think a lot of unsolved crimes here would be solved if family member were honest, JMO. No particular case in mind, but I feel pretty certain that some people know things they aren't saying about other missing persons.

Awe, that warms my heart. I don't know of anyone, besides my cousins and sisters, that call(ed) their gradfather "granddaddy."

What in the world do the other folks call their grandfathers? (We have lots of "grandaddies" around here.)

Sorry CF..I am not trying to disrespect you, but I'm not buying the fact that an ex-journalist turned Administrator is needed to oversee several experienced law enforcement agencies (city, parishes, state). From what was being said on via radios, they were not confused as to what needed to be done.

I think what he meant was that DS was called in to possibly handle the over abundance of media presence last night. Or he could have possibly been there to give an official statement from the city of Lafayette. For all we know, he could have been working with them the entire time and was just noticed last night. JS

Am I reading this wrong?

"his was driving" is obviously a typo but does it not say he was struck by another vehicle, that vehicle being driven by RM? I'm reading it as RM hit him. Did I miss a line that says the victim turned into RM?

If that's from the Teche News or Teche Times (I forget the name now), take it with a boulder of salt. Not only is the most illiterate paper I have ever read in the USA, but it also pretty much writes police incidents how the police want them written... which can include, I strongly suspect, purposeful shielding of local people if the victim isn't.

Just the illiteracy factor in that specific paper makes trying to parse McGee's accident useless.

Spoken as a local who spent awhile in BB.

Being in the heat with mosquitos and whatnot, and being pregnant, I wouldn't recommend you searching. Sorry.

Unless you're trying to naturally kick-start labor! Haha! Good luck with your delivery, JW. And HYDRATE!

I have to ask once more.

Is there any proof that this individual is involved? We could potentially be taking a persons name based on not sure what yet and spreading misinformation. That should give us all pause as it could happen to any of us.

No, there is no proof. Just been questioned, apparently. EVERYONE is innocent until proven guilty, which comes after a trail,which comes after arrest and this guy, for all we know hasn't even been arrested! He may have been, and maybe not.

Yeah, I had read that. You may be right - that's a good call. I still think there were a lot of other top people either there, or burning up the phone lines to prevent chaos out there with the jurisdictions. Also, Stanley may have been given the "power" to represent the big man and pass along his orders.

Also Stanley is married to the top news anchor at KLFY

I'm tough and can take it. I'm pretty outdoorsy to begin with and have three rough and tumble little boys so I'm used to the heat and mosquitos and woods. I think I can hang--and my OB said as long as I'm well-hydrated, he wouldn't forbid me from doing it.

I agree and Corporal Mouton himself said they questioned several folks. But why did he mention RM specifically but not anyone else?
Could be because everyone already had his name already and that was his way of saying "we cleared him". (speculating)

Yes, they did, at least according to the Independent quoting D.A. Cedars.

that was before he got a lawyer :-/

This board is probably has the most well-behaved members I can remember encountering on the internet. I was really surprised how patient they were with all of us in the first week of Mickey's disappearance. That said, It would not offend me if they assigned forced-lurker status to some of our more ill-mannered brethren.

I concur! I was trying to find the original quote saying how rude and disrespectful we all are. I was amazed at that. I posted a few threads back at how impressed I am at the level of respect even through intense disagreements. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc