LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because someone has been cleared doesn't mean that LE won't go back and interview them again. It's happened before.

Craft didn't say he had been cleared. He didn't say he was implicated either. But they choose their words very carefully. It's important we pay attention in my experience ;)

What in the world do the other folks call their grandfathers? (We have lots of "grandaddies" around here.)

Lots of Paps & Pop-pops up this way. And grandpa.

My grandchildren call their grandfather Pap or Pappy.

In light of what chicken fried has told us, and since Amin Jalaudin Amlani (the dead guy) doesn't sound local (understatement), it wouldn't surprise me if some conversations took place to make sure the dead guy was at fault. You never know.

Wow! Really!!

In light of what chicken fried has told us, and since Amin Jalaudin Amlani (the dead guy) doesn't sound local (understatement), it wouldn't surprise me if some conversations took place to make sure the dead guy was at fault. You never know.

I don't want to impugn St. Martin Parish officials in any particular case. Was just saying it's common knowledge in these smaller jurisdiction that things get "fixed," and was also saying how poor the newspaper is. Literacy is decling across America, and that paper was terrible 10 years ago.

Both of mine were Grandpa (but half of my family is from Illinois/Tennessee, so that might be why)

Illinois/Tennessee here too and it was always grampa :) We did call my great-grandpa "paw-paw" though!

Is LA central time zone?

I don't want to impugn St. Martin Parish officials in any particular case. Was just saying it's common knowledge in these smaller jurisdiction that things get "fixed," and was also saying how poor the newspaper is. Literacy is decling across America, and that paper was terrible 10 years ago.

Damn... it seems to be contagious.

Damn... it seems to be contagious.

I've noticed my iPad isn't autocompleting on this site. Lord knows what I've typed. I've gotten so dependent on it, that I have a tough time remembering to cap a new sentence. iOS does it automagically.

I think it's a very telling sign that theind isn't that respected of a news site because KLFY's facebook page doesn't have any posters asking about it, and KATC only has one.

I wouldn't throw The Independent under the bus just yet. They do a lot of good reporting that the local Gannett rag (The Advertiser) won't touch with a 10-foot pole, and really dive into things hard and don't respect the local officials when they try to obfusticate. Local officials hate them because they have busted a lot of corrupt politicians by not taking 'no' for an answer.

While not mainstream, The Independent has a pretty good ear to the ground around here. Reminds me of how the National Enquirer is breaking a lot of stories now, with the mainsgtream media tagging along.

I wouldn't throw The Independent under the bus just yet. They do a lot of good reporting that the local Gannett rag (The Advertiser) won't touch with a 10-foot pole, and really dive into things hard and don't respect the local officials when they try to obfusticate. Local officials hate them because they have busted a lot of corrupt politicians by not taking 'no' for an answer.

While not mainstream, The Independent has a pretty good ear to the ground around here. Reminds me of how the National Enquirer is breaking a lot of stories now, with the mainsgtream media tagging along.

Please PLEASE don't mention the Mardi GRAS thing.

But there ARE sharks. Quite a few actually. Fresh water sharks in the basin and what not. I can show you pics. Alligators + Sharks= nightmares

We've had sharks at times in Lake Pontchartain. I actually caught a small one fishing in Lake Catherine. So I have no doubt what you're saying is true.

Edit/Delete Message

Let me put the finer point. I trust the Independent more than the Daily Advertiser. It's a better newpaper, and it's free. We have to pay 75c for the pap in the abysmal Advertiser. Go figure.

OMG! That's horrific. Back in 1997 my grandfather and Uncle were struck by a drunk driver - the back seat of the car was pushed into the hood area. Needless to say, my grandfather and uncle were killed. It was the driver's 3rd offense. He served a total of 2 years in jail for killing my granddaddy and uncle. Unfortunately, it seems that here in Louisiana the laws on drinking and driving aren't enforced. It's the innocent and their families that suffer, of course.

:cry: Oh, LanieCoz, I am so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I :furious: hate drunk driving so much that I have a life insurance policy on myself with Mothers Against Drunk Drivers as the beneficiary. I have been paying on this policy for 25 years. It is the least I can do to combat the needless tragedies caused by disgraceful drunk driving.

This all brings to mind a certain incident at the Independent Parade this Mardi Gras.....

ETA: NEVERMIND!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member