LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted at GLP for seven years. It has breaking news long before the MSM hears it as a rumor. It's always been that way. Yes, people discuss the paranormal, conspiracy, criminal politics, aliens and UFOs, but that just adds to the fact the posters are out of the box thinkers and MANY have inside information from anything like troop movements to crime. There is no better site for breaking news. However, I understand that mainstream folks don't cotton to the atmosphere. Anyway, this poster was right and I'm not surprised that someone there knew something.

IF McGill is involved with whatever has happened to Mickey, I would not (because of his prior) assume it was a drunk driving 'accident'. This could still be a straight up abduction. I also have a hard time imagining someone plastered drunk being able to scoop up their victim, her bike, and all evidence, and be gone before anyone witnessed it.

and drive back safely all the way to Breaux Bridge.

La

Im curious do you have a link that states rm lawyered up or is this your opinion?

In this climate, you bet your sweet patoot I wouldn't have left my house without several attorneys.

6:00 AM is sneaking up on me.

I hope everyone else is awake if news breaks. I want to read what everybody has to say.

He was local and owned the little cigarette depot on the hwy. he was an immigrant. That's all I know.

Well, that's what I meant not local - and immigrant. Not a hometown son.

:cry: Oh, LanieCoz, I am so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I :furious: hate drunk driving so much that I have a life insurance policy on myself with Mothers Against Drunk Drivers as the beneficiary. I have been paying on this policy for 25 years. It is the least I can do to combat the needless tragedies caused by disgraceful drunk driving.

Thank you. There was a lady in the vehicle in front of my grandaddy's and uncle's and their car actually went airborne on impact and came down on the back of the ladies car. She suffered injuries that caused permanent damages to her, but survived. She is VERY involved with MADD. I can recall for quite some years after my granddaddy's death goign to the Cortana Mall in BR at Christmas time to do their tree ceremony that MADD put on for victims.

I don't want to impugn St. Martin Parish officials in any particular case. Was just saying it's common knowledge in these smaller jurisdiction that things get "fixed," and was also saying how poor the newspaper is. Literacy is decling across America, and that paper was terrible 10 years ago.

Don't think that things don't work the same way in Chicago or Los Angeles. They do.

that was before he got a lawyer :-/

Originally Posted by GulfCoastKAT<br />
I agree and Corporal Mouton himself said they questioned several folks. But why did he mention RM specifically but not anyone else? <br />
Could be because everyone already had his name already and that was his way of saying "we cleared him". (speculating)
<br />
<br />
Originally Posted by wfgodot<br />
Yes, they did, at least according to the Independent quoting D.A. Cedars.
<br />
<br />
that was before he got a lawyer :/

^^^^ these two quotes are not talking about the same thing. My post was talking about tonight's mention of RM's name to the Independent in response
To another saying we should be careful because RM isn't a suspect or POI.

I believe Wfgodot was referring to RM originally being charged with vehicular homicide 2 years ago.

You may also be referring to the past incident but quoting the 2 together is confusing, IMO, since we weren't talking about the same thing above.

Im curious do you have a link that states rm lawyered up or is this your opinion?

i apologize that was my opinion about his first case as to why he was initially charged for vehicular homicide.

Good night--going to read my first James Lee Burke novel. Neon Rain.

Keep the Faith.

There is FREQUENT drunk driving here, including ppl from surrounding areas coming to town to party & dd'ing home. There is constant chatter on FB about where checkpoints are so they can be avoided.

I am off to bed too :eek:fftobed:,
stayed up waaaay to late last night... this morning. Goodnight everyone, sweet dreams and may we all wake up to something good here tomorrow. It's certainly been an interesting :rollercoaster: of a couple of weeks.

He was local and owned the little cigarette depot on the hwy. he was an immigrant. That's all I know.

Thanks for this.

According to the story about the initial accident, Amlani was a resident of Breaux Bridge.

People outside of the region should be aware that not every citizen of Louisiana has a French-sounding name, or long family history in the area. By those standards, Mickey Shunick wouldn't be considered "local," either. But as you can see by the outpouring of support in this case, that doesn't have to matter.

and drive back safely all the way to Breaux Bridge.

La

A person wouldn't have to be plastered drunk to hit her and clean up his mess.... he could have been just drunk enough, then scared straight with adrenalin - or a buddy could have driven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3