LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering about something. The bike was dumped on the east bank of the Atchafalaya river at the Whiskey Bay exit. As it has been noted, it is possible to get to this area without taking the interstate. If the perp was from any area on the western side of the river, though, they would still have to cross the Atchafalaya to get to the dump site. As far as I can tell, the only possible alternatives are I-10 and US 190 bridge at Krotz Springs. Is that correct? If, so I wonder if there are any cameras around the the 190 bridge.

Don't know. But if the perp had a boat and left from Henderson, he could have gotten there on water, and thrown the bike where it was as a distraction, and had a buddy pick him up with a boat trailer at the Whiskey Bay launch.

Between the West and East Atchafalaya Basin Levees, you can get anywhere with a boat if you know the area. People in the Henderson area know the Basin.

just wanted to throw this out there to the new may sleuths regarding rumors of confessions and tips of people that have been interviewed as a "possible" suspects...

keep in mind, even if there is a confession or tips pointing at someone else... these could very well just be people trying to cash in on some big money...
im sure there are people right now at this moment trying to scheme a way into this reward...

so just because somebody may confess or implicate someone else, means nothing other than there are people out there that will say anything if it is profitable to them, even if untrue...

this is why we must take these things with a grain of salt and MOVE ON... you need to ignore these rumors until there is physical evidence or it proves to do nothing but cloud up and derail the forward progress of this (internet) investigation...

just my opinion... don't mean to offend.

peace

I know it has been brought up as "rumor", but suppose she does smoke marijuana. I know for a fact you cannot ride and smoke (i'm not going to lie, i've tried in my high school days lol)...is there a little area that might be popular to take a quick break...it sounds like a lot of kids hang around the area so you think there would be....?! Even an alleyway or something of the sort?!

also, anyone know how far courville road is from the place MS was last seen at 1:48 (if courville is where RM lives)?

About 20 miles. Unlikely.

I missed this...I believe Germany doesn't have the Death Penalty, right?

*ETA, I see my question was answered right above.

No problems, GulfCoastKAT. You posted at the same time, as I have seen happen many times. Disregard any negative replies. ;)

Now, back to the bayou...

What really makes this case a potential monster, IMO, is the south LA tendency toward gossip.... and the huge growth in social media and the transferring of physical fights to internet ones. If the perp is a media-savvy young person, and participating in Facebook discussions, he/she could cause complete chaos - not only for the investigation, but for this whole town

Agreed, and frankly I think more so for the town. While a perp could create some chaos for an investigation, I'm also of the opinion the more they interact or are involved in discussions involving their own actions, the more likely they are to "slip up" and give LE the break they need (and thus the reason LE doesn't disclose everything to the public). The chaos they could create for the community is immeasurable. From getting people heading in so many directions they can't think straight to the heart break they can cause, I absolutely agree.

I know it has been brought up as "rumor", but suppose she does smoke marijuana. I know for a fact you cannot ride and smoke (i'm not going to lie, i've tried in my high school days lol)...is there a little area that might be popular to take a quick break...it sounds like a lot of kids hang around the area so you think there would be....?! Even an alleyway or something of the sort?!

also, anyone know how far courville road is from the place MS was last seen at 1:48 (if courville is where RM lives)?

Courville Rd. is way on the back side of Breaux Bridge... probably a 30-minute drive

Agreed, and frankly I think more so for the town. While a perp could create some chaos for an investigation, I'm also of the opinion the more they interact or are involved in discussions involving their own actions, the more likely they are to "slip up" and give LE the break they need (and thus the reason LE doesn't disclose everything to the public). The chaos they could create for the community is immeasurable. From getting people heading in so many directions they can't think straight to the heart break they can cause, I absolutely agree.
'
Lafayette's not jaded. That's its charm. This place has a big, BIG heart... so this is like an open wound. I've seen parents keeping their kids right by their sides..... everyone is so upset because we care about our own.

Don't know. But if the perp had a boat and left from Henderson, he could have gotten there on water, and thrown the bike where it was as a distraction, and had a buddy pick him up with a boat trailer at the Whiskey Bay launch.

Between the West and East Atchafalaya Basin Levees, you can get anywhere with a boat if you know the area. People in the Henderson area know the Basin.

I considered the boat angle. If it was McGee, I presume he could get to the river from Bayou Portage Guidry behind his house. But why the heck go all the way to the Whiskey Bay bridge to drop the bike. Many more discrete spots much closer to home.

To quote the guy from "airplane", 'looks like I picked the wrong week to stop drinking'
Sorry comic relief.

Paw Paw. But we have grandaddies around here, too.

Well, I did have a PaPa, but I never knew him -- heard lots of stories, though, and my older brothers called him that. He died before I was born.

I considered the boat angle. If it was McGee, I presume he could get to the river from Bayou Portage Guidry behind his house. But why the heck go all the way to the Whiskey Bay bridge to drop the bike. Many more discrete spots much closer to home.

Well, it could be an attempt to make investigators think the perp headed east on I-10, while actually the perp was closer to home. Misdirection. It would take some smarts though.

It's half past midnight. Wonder if my Henderson peeps are still up and if I should give 'em a call!

one more question and I'm done for the night...promise :woohoo:

What was the consensus on cameras past the 1:48 mark (assuming she made it further on her way home)? Are there none or LE might be holding back?!?

'
Lafayette's not jaded. That's its charm. This place has a big, BIG heart... so this is like an open wound. I've seen parents keeping their kids right by their sides..... everyone is so upset because we care about our own.

Amen chicken. When stuff like this happens we are more apt to be out in droves as to say "come on, what ya got.". We keep our kids close but "we ain't skeered"

What was the consensus on cameras past the 1:48 mark (assuming she made it further on her way home)? Are there none or LE might be holding back?!?

I think they were being truthful on the day they released the pics. However, they could possibly have found more since then b/c they are still reviewing footage.

If the bike was dumped in a way to be found quickly as a distraction, that would suggest that Mickey's body is far from that spot. Assuming she is dead.

they "said" no further footage of her after circle k

Not sure if this has been addressed..sorry if it has... The guy spoken about, McGee....any relation to MCGEE's boat landing.....in Henderson...near where bike was found??????
(McGee's is a popular place in Henderson to launch boats, think they have a restaurant/bar there ??)

My close family that are LE are not saying anything but seem to know something... good luck!

ETA: Just sharing my experience, not making a prediction of what you will experience :D

Good for them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members