LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OKAy, I was away from the computer most of the day, and just skimmed through a gazillion posts to try and get up to speed. Whew.

So just to clarify, do I have this correct: There was a rumor, which was mostly correct, about this teen driver, from BB. And he was already interviewed, but has since been cleared, so we are back to square one? CORRECT?

I don't believe he has been "cleared". If I'm wrong about that, please correct me with a link. According to the article, he has been interviewed. Just because he wasn't arrested after the interview is not synonymous with being cleared. Only time will tell.

Alright sleuthers, keep your fingers crossed that we can bring mickey home. I am hitting the hay... I don't know what to make of these recent allegations, trust me, I know about how rumors can spread through this town (Lafayette). Seems like we have a wealth of new local members, as well as some more "developments". We'll see tomorrow though. For those who are attending the search, I will be wearing an a baseball cap with the word DONE on it the D will be red, ONE white, feel free to come and introduce yourselves as I am your fellow sleuth. BRING MICKEY HOME.

No grandaddies here, I thought that was only on tv :) We have a couple of Grandpas, a Paw Paw, a PeePaw, and Poppa. We also have a couple Grandmas, a couple Maw Maws, a MeeMaw (to go with the PeePaw), a Nana and MeMe!

You took me through about thirty years of memories in a flash with just this one post. Way cool. :)

There is a LOT of swamp between the back of his house and the Whiskey Bay launch. He could of weighted it with bricks and it might never be seen again.

Yeah, I've got to lean toward the perp not intending the bike to be found. it causes problems. So, either the perp screwed up, or we're dealing with a taunting psychopath. Either seems possible, but a screwup seems more likely.

What's bugging the HECK out of me is that we have NO good report on where the bike was found. That makes a big difference, as to which waterway it was in - the Pilot Channel, or the Work Canal. Without this piece of info, we can't make much more progress. I would really like to call Amanda McElfresh tomorrow at the Advertiser and personally ask her where - because I'm thinking she herself didn't understand the correct terminology for the location - but I likely can't reach her.

Assuming it was McGee and he was to dispose of the bike using a boat and starting in the bayou in his backyard. Is it possible to get a boat through the Henderson levee? If there is, I can't find it on Google Earth. I assume it would have to be a some form of lock with water-tight doors. If the answer is no, he would have to put in somewhere inside the levee.

does anybody here speak jive..?

now back to work...

why a bike dumped so far away and without a body... please chime in with your theories... even if you think they are dumb... if you want you can send them privately...

i feel we missed or overlooked something, maybe something obvious...

two perps? one took the bike and the other took other stuff?

Yeah, I've got to lean toward the perp not intending the bike to be found. it causes problems. So, either the perp screwed up, or we're dealing with a taunting psychopath. Either seems possible, but a screwup seems more likely.

What's bugging the HECK out of me is that we have NO good report on where the bike was found. That makes a big difference, as to which waterway it was in - the Pilot Channel, or the Work Canal. Without this piece of info, we can't make much more progress. I would really like to call Amanda McElfresh tomorrow at the Advertiser and personally ask her where - because I'm thinking she herself didn't understand the correct terminology for the location - but I likely can't reach her.

You could email her. Want me to see if I can dig up her email addy?

bbm: Go on and try, you might be surprised. Also could email her.

ETA: Whoops, echoed somebody else -- sorry.

Assuming it was McGee and he was to dispose of the bike using a boat and starting in the bayou in his backyard. Is it possible to get a boat through the Henderson levee? If there is, I can't find it on Google Earth. I assume it would have to be a some form of lock with water-tight doors. If the answer is no, he would have to put in somewhere inside the levee.

You are correct.
He could have put in at Henderson or Butte La Rose.

If he were from Breaux Bridge, and didn't want to get recognized, and didn't want to put in at Whiskey Bay (that would take some stones, if you were going to drop it that close to the boat launch) he could have put in at Butte La Rose, and no one would have recognized or remembered him... and even done it in the middle of the day, depending on whether his boat had a storage space.

Seems Chief Craft confirmed, Cpl Mouton was the one neither confirming or denying, iirc.

I think that's back a few pages in the thread.

Yeah, I knew that. I'm going to collectively refer to the LE and say, they said one thing and then said a different thing. If/when KATC and KLFY and the others break the news, they'll be late to the party so they likely will wait to run it when they have something worthy to add.

I'll preface this one by saying it was just an observation and something that caught my eye but means nothing and is nothing but speculation but someone brought up a possible weed connection a few pages back. When I went to look at the photos of truck on VS's facebook page (he was a passenger in RM's first accident) I couldn't help but notice the 2 pictures of $100 bills being fanned out. I tried counting but looks like a couple dozen. Immediately reminded me of programs where drug dealers are interviewed and fan all their money showing off how much money they have. For all I know the kid just cashed his first paycheck, but that was the first thing it reminded me of.

Not sure exactly when all of the speculation began regarding weed. But, I would suggest that IF it is speculation in regard to searchers being ask to look for a pipe (no link for that, stated on this forum per local searcher), that the pipe is just as likely to have nothing at all to do with weed but rather having just left that Artmosphere Lounge.

Yes, Artmosphere is a hookah bar. We had other info leading us to believe the group partakes. We tossed the issue around for a bit. But, I don't think that played a role in her disappearance at all. I never have.

Not sure if this has been addressed..sorry if it has... The guy spoken about, McGee....any relation to MCGEE's boat landing.....in Henderson...near where bike was found??????
(McGee's is a popular place in Henderson to launch boats, think they have a restaurant/bar there ??)

I don't know. But, based on earlier discussion, I think the answer may be yes.

You are correct.
He could have put in at Henderson or Butte La Rose.

If he were from Breaux Bridge, and didn't want to get recognized, and didn't want to put in at Whiskey Bay (that would take some stones, if you were going to drop it that close to the boat launch) he could have put in at Butte La Rose, and no one would have recognized or remembered him... and even done it in the middle of the day, depending on whether his boat had a storage space.

Cover the bike with a tarp? Is was apparently in one piece.

two perps? one took the bike and the other took other stuff?

RM's first accident involved RM and 2 passengers all leaving the scene. I really hope LE has spoken to that poster.

Actually now that I think on this someone might be able to get some answers to a number of our questions from some of the reporters.

For example what was the exact area the bike was found.

Was there a search conducted of the empty hospital? Who did the search? Is a second search of it planned?

LE alluded to additional evidence. I would like to know what that evidence is.

Does LE know if there is a decal on the truck?

I am certain if we made a list we might get lucky and get some answers to some of the questions that have been bugging us.

As well, they may put enough pressure on LE that they feel they do need to do another press conference.

now back to work...

why a bike dumped so far away and without a body... please chime in with your theories... even if you think they are dumb... if you want you can send them privately...

Or...b/c all he had to dump was the bike (maybe he dumped the backpack too and it was long gone by the the bike was found). Maybe there was no body. Maybe he has her alive somewhere.

Check out what he could have done. Look HERE to see a map of Butte La Rose, Ko Dupuis Rd., and Whiskey Bay

Ko Dupuis Rd. is on the far left, Butte la Rose in the middle, and Whiskey Bay unmarked at top right corner.

He could have loaded his boat... driven the back roads to the levee and crossed it, going to Butte la Rose. Put in his boat there, go up north in a big loop back down to Whiskey Bay, dropped everything there, and then come back with no one the wiser. Except the bike floated, due to the non-popped tire.

But again - I am hitting a BRICK WALL over where the bike was found. If it were in the Pilot channel to the west of Whiskey Bay, then this works. If not - and it was under the Basin bridge to the east of the boat launch, then it doesn't. If he dropped everything under the Whiskey Bay bridge from a boat, whatever hasn't already been recovered is long gone downstream.

The location of the bike is the key, and we don't know it.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

now back to work...

Maybe she is still alive! This is my hope!

now back to work...

I feel like the bike was dumped hastily, due to the location (right off an interstate exit not far into water,) and also LE stated that they believe it was done very shortly after the MS disappearance. This to me suggests either a crime of opportunity or accident cover-up, as opposed to any stalking or premeditation. This person wanted to get rid of evidence, and quickly. I doubt he would so hastily dump the bike but keep anything else (a body,) unless she is alive and is being held, which is better than the alternative.

If the perp was being hasty, perhaps MORE evidence (I can't bring myself to specify) was also dumped around the same time. Some local posters have suggested that the water level had recently dropped, and I believe some suggested that the currents were fast recently as well. Could other "evidence" have been carried off a ways?

I have no idea. Just speculating. I have a feeling that the perp somehow has knowledge of the area, and was getting the heck away from the crime scene, hastily dumping evidence on his way out. If he is from the area, I doubt he'll get away with this.

Prayers for Mickey and the Shunicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member