LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for playing... 2 perps would imply intent... correct? expand on that...

here's 1 more... then i have to retire for the evening...
where can you hide a body that you cannot hide a bike..?

you can bury a body but you can bury a bike

you can burn a body but not a bike

you can keep a body but if you can keep a body, you can keep a bike...

assuming we are talking about a body... the only logical thing i can come up with for 2 locations is 2 separate trips, perp did not want to or was afraid to return to the first dumping place and had to find another... what could this imply..?

help me out here

I don't think 2 perps would imply intent if it were a DUI coverup. I think it would imply 2 perps without a fraction of a brain cell between them.

He had no business there? He could have been out. BB folks go out in Lafayette, at least the ones I know do. Maybe has a gf in Laf.

Didn't someone have a pic of him in a UL shirt? Did ya'll figure out if he's a student? Although, I don't see the point of enrolling in college shortly before you're about to be sentenced to 7 years hard labor.

I meant what business in the saint street area. There is nothing open down there at 2am. Looking to score drugs? Didnt have a license so he shouldnt have been in the drivers seat. Seems shady for a person who doesnt live in that part of lafayette to be in that part of lafayette at night

IF RM is our perp is anyone liking this to be anything other than DUI/coverup? Someone a few pages back summed up my thoughts about the other (less likely IMO) possibility of it being a premediated/hunting/sexual purposes scenario. I can't really bring myself to see a "kid" doing this. But, I know they all start out as "kids." And it really makes a difference how many passengers/(accomplices?) were with him. If there were 2 guys and 2 girls, I can't see it as a planned thing. Just can't. That's too sick.

Yet at the same time I get the sense of a level of planning.

Is this because I am thinking more than one person involved? Maybe called someone for help?

I am asking myself why it feels to me like she was targeted rather than an accident?

I believe it is someone very familiar with the area.

Don't mind me just posting my initial impressions.

Not sure I can make sense of that. The reason McGee arose as a suspect is that rumors started flying about him being involved in yet another DUI-related fatality. Surely, his history is known to the locals, so word of another accident would have spread quickly. Not sure how to reconcile such a rumor with the idea that he is actually a sexual predator.

Oh I agree with you. Just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page that this would an "accident" and not some other horrid thing. I use the term "accident" loosely b/c there was no attempt to make it right.

I'm thinking he dumped it ABOVE Whiskey Bay now. Accounts for the bike floating to the bank. He had to get up there because he had to get it into the Pilot Channel. Look at the map I just linked. If he didn't, it may have made its way down to Butte La Rose if it someone floated back up, which he didn't want. The water gets shallower and shallower.... get it past the bend into the Pilot Channael and he's home free - fast current and no population downstream!

He screwed up not deflating the other tire, or there would have been no trace.

JMO - MOO - but I think the theory holds water. Check out the map again!

(Whiskey Bay at top right)

They did say the bike was found amongst some other trash or litter. It was not clear what they meant, but it is possible the river currents also carried this debris and it was collecting in the same place. Perhaps the bridge slows the current or creates eddys.

here's 1 more... then i have to retire for the evening...
where can you hide a body that you cannot hide a bike..?

you can bury a body but you can bury a bike

you can burn a body but not a bike

you can keep a body but if you can keep a body, you can keep a bike...

assuming we are talking about a body... the only logical thing i can come up with for 2 locations is 2 separate trips, perp did not want to or was afraid to return to the first dumping place and had to find another... what could this imply..?

help me out here

a narrow well

plenty of those in south louisiana

Maybe it was harder to hide a bike on a boat then a body, depending on the boat?

Would look funny launching his boat at the public Butte la Rose launch, and a dude hanging around asks why he's taking a bike out into the basin?

Reposted to bump.

Originally Posted by chicken fried

Check out what he could have done. Look HERE to see a map of Butte La Rose, Ko Dupuis Rd., and Whiskey Bay

Ko Dupuis Rd. is on the far left, Butte la Rose in the middle, and Whiskey Bay unmarked at top right corner.

He could have loaded his boat... driven the back roads to the levee and crossed it, going to Butte la Rose. Put in his boat there, go up north in a big loop back down to Whiskey Bay, dropped everything there, and then come back with no one the wiser. Except the bike floated, due to the non-popped tire.

But again - I am hitting a BRICK WALL over where the bike was found. If it were in the Pilot channel to the west of Whiskey Bay, then this works. If not - and it was under the Basin bridge to the east of the boat launch, then it doesn't. If he dropped everything under the Whiskey Bay bridge from a boat, whatever hasn't already been recovered is long gone downstream.

The location of the bike is the key, and we don't know it.

Maybe he dropped a small boat at the landing and didn't have room for the bike and the body. He hid the bike there and floated further downstream to dump the body.

I meant what business in the saint street area. There is nothing open down there at 2am. Looking to score drugs? Didnt have a license so he shouldnt have been in the drivers seat. Seems shady for a person who doesnt live in that part of lafayette to be in that part of lafayette at night

maybe avoiding the dwi checkpoint on johnson? correct me if im wrong, this was many threads back that i read it.

I'm not going to lie, I did a bit of facebook stalking after his name came up, and I think I found who is mother "might" be, if not, she is definitely a close family member, I obviously won't say her name, but she did post some pictures of the McGee kid on May 21st, proudly showing the catfish he and another male had caught.

Taking Saints Street area to avoid checkpoint maybe???

They did say the bike was found amongst some other trash or litter. It was not clear what they meant, but it is possible the river currents also carried this debris and it was collecting in the same place. Perhaps the bridge slows the current or creates eddys.

BINGO!

I saw some photos today, purportedly the bike site... on the bank of the Pilot Channel.

The bike could have washed up with the rest of the trash. It's becoming clearer to me.... that might work,

CHECK the LINK to those "bike dump photos"

The graffiti area is the bank of the Pilot Channel, at the west end of the WB exit area....

No, I'm not meaning "perps" in that sense. Let's say a passenger. If this guy was DUI with a passenger, hit Mickey, freaked and made his passenger help cover it up...he is scared right? Maybe he wants to assure if he's going down, he's not going alone. Maybe he forces his passenger friend into dumping the bike so that they are BOTH guilty. Although I say the passenger is automatically an accomplice without even touching anything.

eta: And say his passenger is not a bad kid.Just made a bad decision this time. Like whatsthatnoise said, the bike dump has "big dumb kid" written all over it. He didn't do a very good job hiding the bike, b/c he's inexperienced with all this.

BINGO!

I saw some photos today, purportedly the bike site... on the bank of the Pilot Channel.

The bike could have washed up with the rest of the trash. It's becoming clearer to me.... that might work,

CHECK the LINK to those "bike dump photos"

The graffiti area is the bank of the Pilot Channel, at the west end of the WB exit area....

Im super tired so forgive me if i dont articulate good. You said if he had gone to a particular part of the channel and did the dump and dumped everything it would be long gone due to no residential downstream. Were you referring to everything as in bike backpack and evidence or all of those plus body? I dont mean to sound morbid but with what i saw about the current and churning would a body float or sink and continue meandering downstream?

What scares me about the idea of it being a hit and run is the chance that someone took her and got rid of her even though she could have survived.

Maybe he dropped a small boat at the landing and didn't have room for the bike and the body. He hid the bike there and floated further downstream to dump the body.

You mean the WB landing, right?

Hmmmm... if he's going to all that trouble, I wonder if he would have hid the bike so sloppily.

I'm going to play a hunch and say he did this during the DAY.

I don't think you can put in at night too easily at Butte la Rose without arousing suspicions. Frog season doesn't start until June 1. I don't think yo usee much night fishing in the Basin. You really have to know what you're doing... plus you have to have lights.....

I've never seen a lighted boat EVER at night from the top of the WB bridge.

If the items were concealed well enough in the boat so no one saw it at launch, I bet the drop was done during the day. Arouses less suspicion.

But, during the day, he couldn't easily hide the bike at WB.

A daytime drop from up above the WB bridge works for me, and the bike accidentally floated down and got stuck in the trash that collects near shore as the Pilot Channel straightens out at the bridge.

That's my theory for the night!!!

Im super tired so forgive me if i dont articulate good. You said if he had gone to a particular part of the channel and did the dump and dumped everything it would be long gone due to no residential downstream. Were you referring to everything as in bike backpack and evidence or all of those plus body? I dont mean to sound morbid but with what i saw about the current and churning would a body float or sink and continue meandering downstream?

Weight it down good. He didn't think to weight the bike. Screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3