LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he dropped it a bit ABOVE (north) of the Whiskey Bay bridge, the Pilot Channel is coming around a curve. The scouring effect of the current could have floated the bike over to the east bank before it sank.... ENTIRELY possible. I wonder if one tire would have kept that Schwinn partially afloat?

It's the same theory that makes trash pile up on the outside of river bends.

after looking at the white truck some more and looking up chevy's endlessly (i know...i can't stop) ....this very well could be a 2 door. The handles also looked like they might just be a shadow and could very well be white, not black. Just an observation of tiredness :)

Also, could they have thrown it off the bridge so they didn't have to walk it down causing the damage to the rear? Still doesn't explain 'why put the bike right there' :-/

Night all..hope to hear good news in the morning

Check out what he could have done. Look HERE to see a map of Butte La Rose, Ko Dupuis Rd., and Whiskey Bay

Ko Dupuis Rd. is on the far left, Butte la Rose in the middle, and Whiskey Bay unmarked at top right corner.

He could have loaded his boat... driven the back roads to the levee and crossed it, going to Butte la Rose. Put in his boat there, go up north in a big loop back down to Whiskey Bay, dropped everything there, and then come back with no one the wiser. Except the bike floated, due to the non-popped tire.

But again - I am hitting a BRICK WALL over where the bike was found. If it were in the Pilot channel to the west of Whiskey Bay, then this works. If not - and it was under the Basin bridge to the east of the boat launch, then it doesn't. If he dropped everything under the Whiskey Bay bridge from a boat, whatever hasn't already been recovered is long gone downstream.

The location of the bike is the key, and we don't know it.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ok. But why go all the way to Whiskey Bay under an interstate highway to dump the evidence? There is always the risk of traffic. That would make me very nervous. My adrenaline would be out the roof. I just want to GET OUT OF THERE. Consequently, I do a poor job and the evidence is found. Surely, there are more discrete places where I could take my time and do a good job. I don't know.

after looking at the white truck some more and looking up chevy's endlessly (i know...i can't stop) ....this very well could be a 2 door. The handles also looked like they might just be a shadow and could very well be white, not black. Just an observation of tiredness :) Night all..hope to hear good news in the morning

Bite the bedbugs back, I say!

It makes sense to me like this. Someone from breaux bridge would know that area very well and although its close to their home, its familiar and they would feel confident in knowing their hiding places and surroundings. Someone mentioned earlier if it was this guy mcgee, he would definitely be accustomed to the area. Strikes me as odd that he would come all the way from breaux bridge to that part of lafayette. Seems he has no business there, he certainly doesnt look the college type.

IF RM is our perp is anyone liking this to be anything other than DUI/coverup? Someone a few pages back summed up my thoughts about the other (less likely IMO) possibility of it being a premediated/hunting/sexual purposes scenario. I can't really bring myself to see a "kid" doing this. But, I know they all start out as "kids." And it really makes a difference how many passengers/(accomplices?) were with him. If there were 2 guys and 2 girls, I can't see it as a planned thing. Just can't. That's too sick.

Or...b/c all he had to dump was the bike (maybe he dumped the backpack too and it was long gone by the the bike was found). Maybe there was no body. Maybe he has her alive somewhere.

That would be my exact answers too! OR she was just put somewhere else.
I don't think a perp likes to keep someone too long.

Would they drive that distance with a bike and a live person? If so why? Where was the destination?

Would they drive that distance with a bike and a deceased person? If so why? Where was the destination?

ETA Why did I automatically assume it to be they not he/she?

after looking at the white truck some more and looking up chevy's endlessly (i know...i can't stop) ....this very well could be a 2 door. The handles also looked like they might just be a shadow and could very well be white, not black. Just an observation of tiredness :) Night all..hope to hear good news in the morning

LE has already informed us it's a 4 door. Remember, they have video, so they were able to see the truck in its entirety, not with the back doors blocked like we see in the still.
http://www.findmickeynow.com/

Ok. But why go all the way to Whiskey Bay under an interstate highway to dump the evidence? There is always the risk of traffic. That would make me very nervous. My adrenaline would be out the roof. I just want to GET OUT OF THERE. Consequently, I do a poor job and the evidence is found. Surely, there are more discrete places where I could take my time and do a good job. I don't know.

I'm thinking he dumped it ABOVE Whiskey Bay now. Accounts for the bike floating to the bank. He had to get up there because he had to get it into the Pilot Channel. Look at the map I just linked. If he didn't, it may have made its way down to Butte La Rose if it someone floated back up, which he didn't want. The water gets shallower and shallower.... get it past the bend into the Pilot Channael and he's home free - fast current and no population downstream!

He screwed up not deflating the other tire, or there would have been no trace.

JMO - MOO - but I think the theory holds water. Check out the map again!

(Whiskey Bay at top right)

I dont think i worded my last post good enough. Someone said why would he dump the bike so close to where he lives. I think its cause he is young and unexperienced and he dumped it in a place close to him that he has familiarity with (whiskey bay). Its got dumb kid written all over it imo. In the beginning we thought we had a well seasoned perp on our hands. I think we have a yound dumb sociopath who made a rookie move

Maybe two perps. Lesser experienced one got the lovely task of getting rid of the bike, and he screwed up.

Reposted to bump.

Originally Posted by chicken fried

Check out what he could have done. Look HERE to see a map of Butte La Rose, Ko Dupuis Rd., and Whiskey Bay

Ko Dupuis Rd. is on the far left, Butte la Rose in the middle, and Whiskey Bay unmarked at top right corner.

He could have loaded his boat... driven the back roads to the levee and crossed it, going to Butte la Rose. Put in his boat there, go up north in a big loop back down to Whiskey Bay, dropped everything there, and then come back with no one the wiser. Except the bike floated, due to the non-popped tire.

But again - I am hitting a BRICK WALL over where the bike was found. If it were in the Pilot channel to the west of Whiskey Bay, then this works. If not - and it was under the Basin bridge to the east of the boat launch, then it doesn't. If he dropped everything under the Whiskey Bay bridge from a boat, whatever hasn't already been recovered is long gone downstream.

The location of the bike is the key, and we don't know it.

It makes sense to me like this. Someone from breaux bridge would know that area very well and although its close to their home, its familiar and they would feel confident in knowing their hiding places and surroundings. Someone mentioned earlier if it was this guy mcgee, he would definitely be accustomed to the area. Strikes me as odd that he would come all the way from breaux bridge to that part of lafayette. Seems he has no business there, he certainly doesnt look the college type.

"Let's go to Lafayette" ....I can see it, even if only for the ride and to see what they may see. Girls, bars, activity. Better than Breaux Bridge on a Friday night.

I can tell you that a lot of the younger crowd (18-20 yrs) go to lafayette to the "clubs/bars" from out of town, as long as they are 18 they are allowed in, and it has been my experience that they don't usually travel to laffayette alone to go to the bars, theres usually 2 or more driving together in the same vehicle

IF RM is our perp is anyone liking this to be anything other than DUI/coverup? Someone a few pages back summed up my thoughts about the other (less likely IMO) possibility of it being a premediated/hunting/sexual purposes scenario. I can't really bring myself to see a "kid" doing this. But, I know they all start out as "kids." And it really makes a difference how many passengers/(accomplices?) were with him. If there were 2 guys and 2 girls, I can't see it as a planned thing. Just can't. That's too sick.

Not sure I can make sense of that. The reason McGee arose as a suspect is that rumors started flying about him being involved in yet another DUI-related fatality. Surely, his history is known to the locals, so word of another accident would have spread quickly. Not sure how to reconcile such a rumor with the idea that he is actually a sexual predator.

He had no business there? He could have been out. BB folks go out in Lafayette, at least the ones I know do. Maybe has a gf in Laf.

Didn't someone have a pic of him in a UL shirt? Did ya'll figure out if he's a student? Although, I don't see the point of enrolling in college shortly before you're about to be sentenced to 7 years hard labor.

It fits, if he knows the waterways, to put in at Butte la Rode so as not to be recognized, and to be closer to the WB Pilot Channel... once something's in there, it's GONE.

Pass the junction where the waterways meet - above the Whiskey Bay bridge - but out of sight of traffic, then it's good as gone. Except for not deflating the front tire.

I wish I could get a Schwinn like that, deflate a tire, and see how far under the water it suspends....

two perps? one took the bike and the other took other stuff?

thanks for playing... 2 perps would imply intent... correct? expand on that...

here's 1 more... then i have to retire for the evening...
where can you hide a body that you cannot hide a bike..?

you can bury a body but you can bury a bike

you can burn a body but not a bike

you can keep a body but if you can keep a body, you can keep a bike...

assuming we are talking about a body... the only logical thing i can come up with for 2 locations is 2 separate trips, perp did not want to or was afraid to return to the first dumping place and had to find another... what could this imply..?

help me out here

Does McGee have access to a boat, that he could borrow on the pretense of fishing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman