LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is chilling. How do they know for sure if she is dead. If she wasn't that is murder not manslaughter.

I believe that the kidnapping part of this crime would make it a murder if she died under any circumstances...kind of like Sierra LaMar, even if they cannot say how she died. JMO

maybe avoiding the dwi checkpoint on johnson? correct me if im wrong, this was many threads back that i read it.

this was part of my original theory involving the shooting at the bar near her house... there is something about that shooting that i cant get a handle on...
what drives a man to shoot to kill his buddy then himself... this is usually reserved as a crime for a male/female...

fear... guilt... what kind of fear or guilt is there no other way out of?

odd i still say

this was part of my original theory involving the shooting at the bar near her house... there is something about that shooting that i cant get a handle on...
what drives a man to shoot to kill his buddy then himself... this is usually reserved as a crime for a male/female...

odd i still say

srry, but wat murder suicde, when and where plz an thnk u

I'm having a hard time with the "accident" theory. If a vehicle accidentally strikes the bike, the thing to do is call 911 and check on the condition of the victim... that's what decent people do. A non-decent person... maybe someone who is scared... panicked... human nature is "fight or flight". You are already in a functioning motor vehicle... if that's your mind-set, you leave asap. That did not happen here... apparently, nothing was left behind. No loose ends in the area where she was last seen... that we know of anyway. The person(s) would not have had much time to think about what they were going to do after an accident... there WERE vehicles moving about the area according to video stills. Vehicles in the area would make the driver more predisposed to leave the scene immediately. Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Ok I am only talking about "IF" RM is the guy. You think he'd have planned this out? Looks like he may have known her. What would be his motive, if it was planned, not a DUI coverup? Let's sleuth.

I'm having a hard time with the "accident" theory. If a vehicle accidentally strikes the bike, the thing to do is call 911 and check on the condition of the victim... that's what decent people do. A non-decent person... maybe someone who is scared... panicked... human nature is "fight or flight". You are already in a functioning motor vehicle... if that's your mind-set, you leave asap. That did not happen here... apparently, nothing was left behind. No loose ends in the area where she was last seen... that we know of anyway. The person(s) would not have had much time to think about what they were going to do after an accident... there WERE vehicles moving about the area according to video stills. Vehicles in the area would make the driver more predisposed to leave the scene immediately. Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

I agree. Hard to wrap my mind around. Does seem a lot riskier to be drunk over the limit, hit and killed somebody, and have their dead body in the car. Can you imagine your state of mind? I dont' think I could keep it together.

odd i still say

It's my understanding that neither one of them died. Last I'd heard, the man who turned the gun on himself was in critical condition and his friend, whom he shot, was hit in the arm and it was not life threatening. Please correct me if I have the wrong info.

odd i still say

You got names? Maybe figure out if RM knew them? or MS?

It makes sense that he could have dumped the evidence upriver of the bridge if he took it that far. If I had just killed somebody and had to dispose of the evidence, I would be very reluctant to take the boat past the launch and under the interstate bridge. I would feel very exposed, like everybody could see what I was doing. Somebody might reocognize me. And the cars above might see the bike in the boat. So, I dump everything upriver, not taking into account the currents. And inflated tires float.

I like my own theory, It fits a lot of things. i was always bothered by the idea that maybe the perp launched at Whiskey Bay. Seems such a risk to launch and dump right there. But... come at Whiskey Bay from the back side.. from Butte La Rose, and that answers a LOT of questions re the bike, and re secrecy.

What scares me about the idea of it being a hit and run is the chance that someone took her and got rid of her even though she could have survived.

get in the truck, ill take you to the hospital.... thinks about how his life is now destroyed on the way and then (whack)... hides the body, goes back to get the bike and check for any evidence... dumps bike off bridge on the way out of dodge...

plausible...

That would have been on Thursday. And do we know if those pics were taken May 21st, or uploaded to FB on the 21st? Bike was found Saturday the 23rd. Guess they could have gone out, dumped the bike, and then caught some fish?

Of course we have no way of knowing when the pics were taken, they were posted May 21, which was monday

Taking Saints Street area to avoid checkpoint maybe???

From what I understand the DWI checkpoint that night was way down on the other end of Johnston Street near that pizza place called, I think, GattiTown. I believe that's what I saw on a thread either here or on FB a while back. If he were headed back to Breaux Bridge, his route would have taken him in the completely opposite direction.

Then again, if he were trying to avoid Johnston altogether, hoping to avoid any cops at all, he could have gone over and hit St. Mary, hung a left and taken that all the way to Pinhook, taking another left there and heading home. That is possible.

That would have been on Thursday. And do we know if those pics were taken May 21st, or uploaded to FB on the 21st? Bike was found Saturday the 23rd. Guess they could have gone out, dumped the bike, and then caught some fish?

Ugh.. I don't even want to think of that,.... smiling with the catfish after that

I agree. Hard to wrap my mind around. Does seem a lot riskier to be drunk over the limit, hit and killed somebody, and have their dead body in the car. Can you imagine your state of mind? I dont' think I could keep it together.

This would not have been his first rodeo though...

you will have to excuse my lack of knowledge in this area...

how about this...

he dumped everything, bike and body at the bike location... bike gets stuck to be found while the body floats down to butte la rose and is seen by a local (glp poster)... instead of just reporting a found body in the water, he implicates this DUI fellow in a scheme to collect the reward...

OR... they are friends... and he is going to jail shortly anyway... why not get rich...

Of course we have no way of knowing when the pics were taken, they were posted May 21, which was monday

Well we could possibly tell the date by a status "going fishing" or "just caught a few" or something of the like.

get in the truck, ill take you to the hospital.... thinks about how his life is now destroyed on the way and then (whack)... hides the body, goes back to get the bike and check for any evidence... dumps bike off bridge on the way out of dodge...

plausible...

what comes to my mind is Natalie Holloway and how he claimed he dumped her without checking her vitals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl