LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the owner of such a customized, high-end vehicle PURPOSEFULLY damage his truck just to abduct Mickey??

Abduction is about power, control, conceit. If abduction is his hobby, and bumping bikers was a routine M.O. of his, wouldn't he use a junker vehicle for his purposes?

Every high-end-truck driver I know is absolutely anal, completely OCD about keeping their trucks perfect. With the customizations on the Z21, it just seems most likely to me that's how he is too. Moo.
You're leaving out the criminal mind, alcohol/drugs, and impulse. IMO. Plus probably a few more possible things.

Whiskey Bay Pilot Channel at I10 May 21, 2011 - YouTube

Does anyone know if this has been posted or discussed yet? Apparently this was recorded the Monday after the disappearance. I happened across it while researching the river and possible conditions. If the theory of dumping anything here by boat is correct, it's hard to imagine not having to run half the boat up on the bank to remain still long enough to dump the bike. If dumped upstream, what's the chances that the bike and the gips would all separately wash up in the same area?

Thanks for posting that video showing how fast the current is. That's why I theorize that the bike may have sunk slowly enough to get it to the bank.

But.... I don't know what the tide was doing. If it were that fast, he would have to have a pretty good-size motor to go upstream. But, a lot of boats down here DO have quite large motors, even some smaller boats - specifically for this reason - -to fight the current.

I cannot find where this was said on Facebook but it was on the "Event" page that was created to Find Mickey ran by the same friend's/family that run the FMSN page.. Her friend (a male) described Mickey's bike and said that it was one of two in Lafayette. He had the other one. His point was to say how rare it is. My point is maybe the perp did leave Mickey's bike behind and someone did find it. After holding on to it (maybe waiting for the publicity to die down) and reading how rare the bike was- that person dropped it off at Whiskey Bay.
I know we discussed the bike being stolen as a secondary crime and mostly ruled it out but I just remembered that post on FB- which I know was well before Sunday's discovery of the bike.

I'm sorry if this gets asked a lot, I don't want to be annoying, but could someone please catch me up on any new updates / developments? I've been in and out of the hospital with my baby girl for the better part of last night and today and now that we've been home a couple hours and shes napping I'm doing my best to catch up on all these pages, but I'm just wondering if there was anything significant happening.

I heard something about white paint on the bike? Is that a rumor? Hypothetically, if there is paint from a car, can LE find out anything about the vehicle from that (aside from the color obviously)?

I am slowly reading through the threads but do we know if the times from the cameras are accurate and/or synced to each other?

i know that i read back somewhere in the first few threads that the time stamp was up to or an hour off...it didnt say earlier or later but in the first reports they have mickey leaving at approx. 2am and then we see the time stamp of 1:48-51 ... and some pics dont have a time showing???

Indeed possible and plausible. But several conditions would have to be just right for that to occur. Im more inclined to think it was fully submerged and the fisherman happened upon it out of luck as they so often do. Hitting it with their boat, fish finder saw a big mass under them, saw a glint if light in the water, were looking through the trash, who knows.

But that's my point. Throw an apple from the window of a moving truck and it lands in a different place than throwing it from a stationary truck.

Same theory applies to dropping bombs from an airplane.

The bike may have made it just far enough to the left, before losing buoyancy, to be found.

But that's my point. Throw an apple from the window of a moving truck and it lands in a different place than throwing it from a stationary truck.

Same theory applies to dropping bombs from an airplane.

The bike may have made it just far enough to the left, before losing buoyancy, to be found.

Even after it slipped below the waves, the Titanic ended up a couple miles from where it sank. And it was stationary when it went down. The trapped air allowed the current to move the Titanic under the water as it sank. This is my theory. The water resistance in the spokes, etc., would have actually allowed it to be better pushed by the current and travel farther before it sank.

Whoa... all the early reports called it a Schwinn Madison.

Dang!! More discrepancies! :banghead:

Chicken, it's gone way past the time that we can rely on those news reports, we need to go on known facts. If this dirt bag, didn't put her in water, around where the bike was found, then he put her on land. I agree though, the exact location of the bike is so very important.

Thanks for posting that video showing how fast the current is. That's why I theorize that the bike may have sunk slowly enough to get it to the bank.

But.... I don't know what the tide was doing. If it were that fast, he would have to have a pretty good-size motor to go upstream. But, a lot of boats down here DO have quite large motors, even some smaller boats - specifically for this reason - -to fight the current.

It's been years since I've been in that particular waterway with my dad but I thought I remembered a fairly strong constant current. and it sure looks that way everytime I cross the bridge. I don't remember the curvature or if there is a 'bend' at that point. What's your opinion on the bike grips? Since they were found in the same area, are the conditions such that it's feasible that they would have ended up there if dropped further up?

even after it slipped below the waves, the titanic ended up a couple miles from where it sank. And it was stationary when it went down. The trapped air allowed the current to move the titanic under the water as it sank. This is my theory. The water resistance in the spokes, etc., would have actually allowed it to be better pushed by the current and travel farther before it sank.

yes..............!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member