LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by chicken fried
Sorry - read you wrong. We just went in a circle. Let's keep it simple - my theory is that those trucks are near the Pilot Channel launch. Is that your opinion?
Originally Posted by HouDat
Yes it is.
I'm starting to think so as well based on last pic I posted a few posts back.

2rekrnk.jpg

It looks like there are a dozen or more spots along the Henderson levee he could put a boat it. He wouldn't have to use Butte La Rose. It would take him longer to Whiskey Bay, but it would be more discrete.

That's the theory. If he took the trouble to dump the bike all the way up there by boat, he likely took something else. Easier than digging a hole or dragging a bag through a swamp.

As to why a perp in a boat would not have taken it further downstream past the bridge - that just makes it a longer trip.... if he thought no one could see him, and thought the bike would sink right to the bottom, then going past the last camp on the left but not approaching the bridge would do fine.

All this is conjecture, of course.

As to why a perp in a boat would not have taken it further downstream past the bridge - that just makes it a longer trip.... if he thought no one could see him, and thought the bike would sink right to the bottom, then going past the last camp on the left but not approaching the bridge would do fine.

All this is conjecture, of course.

My question is, how did he get to that camp? And if so, then he had to know it intimately.

It looks like there are a dozen or more spots along the Henderson levee he could put a boat it. He wouldn't have to use Butte La Rose. It would take him longer to Whiskey Bay, but it would be more discrete.

Yeah, you are right. But it would make for a lot harder boat trip. Butte la Rose makes it nice and easy.

And by Butte la Rose, I mean the public town launch - not at the Visitor Center on I-10. No launch there.

Only when LE knows more than we do, and don't have a purpose for keeping that line open for calls all day and night.

Could also be a resource issue. At two weeks, it may be tough to find coverage.

Or maybe two weeks is the statistically defined cut off for an extraordinary search effort.

Not saying it's appropriate, but I'm sure there are guidelines.

It would be interesting to know what sort of video footage there is from the Henderso and Butte La Rose area. Maybe some of the boat docks along the levee have cameras too. They are isolated, so useful for thefts. Anybody out with a boat on that Saturday morning would warrant a looksie. A Z-71 pulling a boat at dawn on that weekend would ring alarm bells for me. Boat launch or convenience store video might actually catch the driver outside the vehicle.

I wonder if the police have considered this option? You would think so, given the bike being found in Whiskey Bay. But maybe not.

If the bike was dropped by car, the perp could be anywhere. If the bike was dropped by boat, the perp is almost certainly local.

LE believes the bicycle was put there on the morning Mickey disappeared. They also collected other undisclosed items at the scene and also observed tire marks.

It sounds like a rushed job by the Unsub. If you were local and had a boat and a bit of time wouldn't you take the bike apart and cut it into smaller pieces with a hacksaw and deposit those pieces here and there along the waterways?

My question is, how did he get to that camp? And if so, then he had to know it intimately.

No - the camps are on the shore. You can see them from the water. He would have passed a bunch of them on the left - until passing the last one, so as not to be seen dumping something overboard. Does that clarification help?

That's the theory. If he took the trouble to dump the bike all the way up there by boat, he likely took something else. Easier than digging a hole or dragging a bag through a swamp.

I'm catching on with you quickly - as a local as well your theory answers a lot of my questions. If it is a young/dumb/DUI scenario then the perp is most likely local and no one local would take something and leave it at the shore of Whiskey Bay. Too 'obvious' in one way and SOOOOO many other places make more sense in South LA. If you are young/dumb/drunk though you wouldn't know where something is goin to land. This also applies for a rash/sexual predator scenario - saw her and took his opportunity then had to get rid of everything. Knowing where exactly the bike was found would certainly clear some things up. I cannot see how someone exited there and lobbed the bike in the water - bike would have been too shallow and they would have noticed and moved it...or bike would have gone under but continued to move. I think knowing the area makes this harder somehow haha, not easier.

It would be interesting to know what sort of video footage there is from the Henderso and Butte La Rose area. Maybe some of the boat docks along the levee have cameras too. They are isolated, so useful for thefts. Anybody out with a boat on that Saturday morning would warrant a looksie. A Z-71 pulling a boat at dawn on that weekend would ring alarm bells for me. Boat launch or convenience store video might actually catch the driver outside the vehicle.

I wonder if the police have considered this option? You would think so, given the bike being found in Whiskey Bay. But maybe not.

My exact point. i think they better be looking at Butte la Rose boat launch.

LE believes the bicycle was put there on the morning Mickey disappeared. They also collected other undisclosed items at the scene and also observed tire marks.

It sounds like a rushed job by the Unsub. If you were local and had a boat and a bit of time wouldn't you take the bike apart and cut it into smaller pieces with a hacksaw and deposit those pieces here and there along the waterways?

Not necessarily. I might think if the bike sinks it'll never be found. Why expend the effort to hacksaw it if you thought you could sufficiently conceal it in your boat and then deep-six it?

The Dexter of bicycles.

Interesting.................

Very. Tells me they know something we don't. As well, since I could not sleep and in response to your earlier post, those webcams were down for most of the night as well.

The scanner was also offline for most of yesterday....

Yes it is.

Yeah, you are right. But it would make for a lot harder boat trip. Butte la Rose makes it nice and easy.

And by Butte la Rose, I mean the public town launch - not at the Visitor Center on I-10. No launch there.
Glad you clarified the Butte la Rose boat launch you were referring to lol ... I was scratching my head thinking that would be quite a trip from the I-10 launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg