LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it being cropped was intentional to give the perp a feeling of reassurance- like LE doesn't think his vehicle is important. I still say its highly unlikely a car was parked in that brightly lit area.

If I was the perp,knowing the police even had a picture of me near the victim would make me parenoid.Having my car cropped out wouldn't make me feel any more comfortabler cruising in the area with my car.

It is NOT a vehicle. Notice the placement of the gutter. Unless LE and/or anyone else make it a habit of parking on the sidewalk

Then what would it be? Light?

Such a well-lit area doesn't strike me as being prime real estate for the purpose of committing a crime.

And, just to make sure we're talking about the same blurring:

attachment.php

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23034&stc=1

I'm talking about the bright light which bleeds over the Speed Limit sign. No gutter visible.

Stupid only for a pretty 21 year old girl?

You know what I mean. It's dangerous for any girl, but let's face it, pretty girls get more stares and on bikes, probably more rubber necking. And they are probably abducted more.

So some people agree with me that it looks like she COULD be stopped? If she IS stopped, that would seem a major clue.

Perhaps talking with someone in the car on the right. Maybe she ran into somebody she knew? It looks like the back end of a foreign car. My original thought was VW beetle, but I am not sure.

Or perhaps she became aware that someone was stalking her and stopped to look behind her.

I think she's stopped. I keep going back to this picture. I decided to take it into photoshop and super impose some images of other bike riders in different poses to see which one looks most like her in this picture. To me it very easily looks closest to the person stopped and straddling the bike.

(Hope I'm posting this image correctly - this is my first post on this board!)

7316784326_93e6c06688_o.jpg

and just if you care, here are the links to the photos I used of other riders to get a better idea of how they are standing:

Riding image:http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/07/30/article-1298905-0AA08784000005DC-407_306x423.jpg

Standing Image:http://lh4.ggpht.com/_AcRSgwGdpSI/TAkPtRD9i9I/AAAAAAAALJM/g5cH0I8oMCk/IMG_0133.JPG

I am still working on my outside the box theory that a bike could float for a bit. Have been surfing outdoors website, and getting info that certain bikes can float - or at least sink slowly.

Now I really wonder if there was still air in the rear tire. The tire could be off the rim without popping the tube. That would make a big flotation difference.

Yes, that's the area that wodalo pointed out a few days ago, it looks like a white truck front, with it's lights off following Mickey. It's back there, very difficult to see. AND, if you look in front of Mickey, there is one white blob area that looks just, well, white. Something is being covered up there by those who gave out those photos, my opinion only, because when I bring it close up, every other thing around that area is pixilized, but not that white blob.

Are her feet on the ground in this pic? Is she stopped? Looks like it to me.

The Atchafalaya Basin, which includes Whiskey Bay, is fresh water - not salt. There aren't any sharks in the Atchafalaya. There are bears, alligators, crawfish, coyotes, and other creatures that do scavenge.

And also bull sharks. I promise. Mostly small 2 and 3 footers. But a few years back they caught a couple 5 and 6 foot ones too. Its not running rampant with sharks, but theyre there.

Ninja edit: google if you have doubts. ;)

Wow! That's crazy, frozen! Now why did you tie it to your dock again?

It's the latest way to brine a turkey -- nouvelle cuisine and all of that. The bull shark is grateful, but requests that next time there's sage stuffing to go with it.

The Atchafalaya Basin, which includes Whiskey Bay, is fresh water - not salt. There aren't any sharks in the Atchafalaya. There are bears, alligators, crawfish, coyotes, and other creatures that do scavenge.

As crazy as it sounds, my daughter, who studies marine biology, says there are bull sharks in Mississippi river. Speaking of the Mississippi, they havent searched under that bridge around those banks, which are about 30 minutes from whiskey bay.

I have also long thought she was stopped in this picture. If she IS stopped that would seem to be a huge clue to me. The front tire looks angled like the bike is at rest.

Seems like we're hitting a lot of dead ends, unfortunately. In my opinion the only hope now is if the forensic lab can maybe lift the perp(s) fingerprint(s) off the bike. Of course that will only be valuable if the person's prints are in the system.

First time poster here so please forgive if this has already been posted.
I read this in the advertiser earlier...
"Mouton describes the truck as "a vehicle of interest." Police have circulated a pixelated image of the truck lifted from the video. That image and another shot of the truck that has not been released were used to definitively identify the vehicle, Mouton said."
By identify they are talking about make and model etc...
This however confirms that LE is holding back another image that is probably from another angle. I am sure they have a reason but don't know what it could be?

Seems like we're hitting a lot of dead ends, unfortunately. In my opinion the only hope now is if the forensic lab can maybe lift the perp(s) fingerprint(s) off the bike. Of course that will only be valuable if the person's prints are in the system.

That is what I am thinking as well, and also if someone does come forward with information about this other truck, that may point to a POI and possibly match up any prints that way.

Otherwise-just like so many other cases, I think it will be a matter of sheer luck if Mickey is ever found, or anyone is arrested and charged.

I am still working on my outside the box theory that a bike could float for a bit. Have been surfing outdoors website, and getting info that certain bikes can float - or at least sink slowly.

Now I really wonder if there was still air in the rear tire. The tire could be off the rim without popping the tube. That would make a big flotation difference.

Not sure if true or not, but a local said that between the day she went missing and the day the bike was found, the water had receeded 8 feet. This was a fisherman. Makes sense since there hasn't been significant rain in these parts for about 3 weeks until yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston