LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A morbid thought, but are alligators known to consume human flesh if it is placed in a certain way? Might explain the bike and no body.

Not sure about gators but there are bull sharks in there, BIG bull sharks. They will eat anything. Last time I was in the Keys, we tied a FROZEN turkey to our dock the night before we left and a big ole' bull shark came up within minutes and ate it in one bite. They are scavengers. Not saying this is what happened but if she was in there, it's a significant possibility that she was... no better way to say this... consumed.

Unless it being cropped was intentional to give the perp a feeling of reassurance- like LE doesn't think his vehicle is important. I still say its highly unlikely a car was parked in that brightly lit area.

Such a brightly lit area is not a good place to park if you are up to no good.

thanks, I've read the article 2x but I can't see anything by AS?
Can you point me to it? ty

It's in a caption to one of the pictures. I wasn't sure if posting her full name here was allowed, but someone else did, so I guess it's ok if it's in print?

So the versaille picture with the potential faint white truck behind her.... was this from a continous video or a camera that takes pics every X seconds? (ie) why is there no pic of her closer to the camera?

No idea. Everyone should remember though before over analyzing shadows reflections, headlights, creepin cars and perps etc. That we are looking at pictures. LPD has the actual video and can see anything major going down before, during and after with following cars, creepers or people being run over. The pics are what they say they are....for identification purposes

Not saying we shouldn't discuss it as it is interesting and could certainly prove relevant, but talking about photos and their composition and appearance frequently is a dead end, in the end. (Anyone who has followed the OK case of the missing Jamison family may remember the out-of-control discussion of the last photo found on their cell phone.)

It's in a caption to one of the pictures. I wasn't sure if posting her full name here was allowed, but someone else did, so I guess it's ok if it's in print?

She's been quoted by the press a lot and she's active on the FB from what I know of.

This is from the Find Mickey Now website regarding the Versailles photo. A white pickup was seen in the area.

Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick traveling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. At approximately 1:47 am the bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street. She then traveled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48 am. Investigators are seeking information regarding a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 seen in the area.

They mention a couple of areas so we can't be certain which area they are speaking of or if they are speaking of all of the areas around where she traveled.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Perhaps....she didn't get closer to the camera while biking past it? Maybe I don't understand your question. :waitasec:

Thanks and I will try to clarify. Is this a still shot from video or is this a camera that takes a pic every 10,15,30 seconds etc.... If video, you would think there would be a still pic available with her closer to the camera. If intermittent shots, I would be curious how often it shoots and what the pic before and after looked like.

What purpose would it serve for the police to crop out that vehicle?It wouldn't be so the perp doesn't know the police are on to him because if there "was" a car parked there that police thought might be the perp ,the perp would recognize that area in the photo and know the police were onto him.Therefore cropping out the vehicle would really serve no purpose.

"Important Person"?

This is from the Find Mickey Now website regarding the Versailles photo. A white pickup was seen in the area.

Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick traveling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. At approximately 1:47 am the bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street. She then traveled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48 am. Investigators are seeking information regarding a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 seen in the area.

I agree the white truck went down Versailles. I just don't think you can see it in the photo, just like you can't see it behind her on St. Landry. MOO

No idea. Everyone should remember though before over analyzing shadows reflections, headlights, creepin cars and perps etc. That we are looking at pictures. LPD has the actual video and can see anything major going down before, during and after with and following cars, creepers or people being run over. The pics are what they say they are....for identification purposes

Have ya checked out that parking lot yet?????

So the versaille picture with the potential faint white truck behind her.... was this from a continous video or a camera that takes pics every X seconds? (ie) why is there no pic of her closer to the camera?

I wondered the same thing. A shot of her between the sign and post would have not allowed the altering of the top area there.

I'm not sure if it's continuous or not, but it is relatively new (wasn't there in the Google map 2009 stree level photo). It's the kind that is top mounted and is house in a round casing. I took a pic of it that I can't seem to find. I'll post it when I come across it, if that helps. There were actually two cameras mounted there (assuming that the other captures the opposite area). There are also at least two cameras (more rectangular classic type) mounted separately on the back side of the building, closer to where MS is in the pic. That part of the building is angled and at least one of those cameras is pointing out in that direction toward paking lot and street.

Not sure about gators but there are bull sharks in there, BIG bull sharks. They will eat anything. Last time I was in the Keys, we tied a FROZEN turkey to our dock the night before we left and a big ole' bull shark came up within minutes and ate it in one bite. They are scavengers. Not saying this is what happened but if she was in there, it's a significant possibility that she was... no better way to say this... consumed.

Wow! That's crazy, frozen! Now why did you tie it to your dock again?

I don't see a truck, specifically. The best I could see is what appears to be the reflection of oncoming headlights.

I'm going to try to stop obsessing over the photos and think in another direction.

Maybe wfgodot's "Other" option.

The Atchafalaya Basin, which includes Whiskey Bay, is fresh water - not salt. There aren't any sharks in the Atchafalaya. There are bears, alligators, crawfish, coyotes, and other creatures that do scavenge.

Thanks and I will try to clarify. Is this a still shot from video or is this a camera that takes a pic every 10,15,30 seconds etc.... If video, you would think there would be a still pic available with her closer to the camera. If intermittent shots, I would be curious how often it shoots and what the pic before and after looked like.

There probably is a closer shot. But you probably also see the vehicle behind her and they didnt want to show that. The shots they chose to show us were no doubt carefully chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panchoept