LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one thought.

IF there is a video in front of the funeral home, I noticed the building seems to be pushed back further from the road. Maybe it's one of the videos that they talked about being interior and not really 100% sure it was her (they said this before they released the pics we have of her now).

The Z71 on Google Street View isn't parked. I thought that at first, but if you use the arrows to move around, you can tell that it moves and was in motion when the google mobile captured it.

What? I know, I posted a whole little story of how I saw that same truck parked in front of a house on St. Landry Street.
What do you think I said?

Guess my next question is ... was the white truck seen following her in the M-CFH surveillance.

:waitasec: Cutting over to Johnston just seems like it's way, way out of the way for her to get home ... makes no sense to me.

If you request directions on Google Maps from Ryan St. to Governor Miro (where she lived) and click Bike Route, it will take you the exact route that MS was traveling. It takes into account bike lanes, etc.

Regarding the white pickup seen on St. Landry on Google Earth street view. What is the triangular emblem on the back of the cab?

Cool thanks. I was out for a while and thought I missed something. I'll speak to them tomorrow about looking at that footage to try and confirm whats on the video. Hopefully LPD didn't black-bag it all like they did with the 215 St. Landry cam footage.

What business is located at 215 St. Landry? Sorry if its already been posted

All you non-locals, don'tcha just wanna come live here in the land of chaos? I don't think it's AMW's fault they have the wrong truck, *someone* from Louisiana had to provide the pics to them correct?

We can't get anything straight. No wonder why we haven't been able to find her yet!

What? I know, I posted a whole little story of how I saw that same truck parked in front of a house on St. Landry Street.
What do you think I said?

You posted that you saw it parked in front of the house with google street view. It's not parked. It's driving. That's all.

A possibility is that she fell off the bike before the truck got there - so her and the bike could have been laying in the road before the truck got there. That would explain why she and the bike were not projected forward on impact.

That is what my friend, the EMT paramedic says, has to happen if she was under the tires in the same place she was when she was hit. He says she would have been thrown forward, up in the air, perhaps onto the hood or windshield, if she was upright on her bike when she was hit.

He says the only way he can imaginer she ended up under the truck would be if she was already on the ground when he rode over her. Maybe she fell off first, and he ran her over?

But that would have been visible in the video, right?

Or she was not going home.

This is my theory. No reason for her to go that way to go home. Definitely no reason for her to go Johnston. Its way out of the way.
And if she didn't always go home, even if she had planned to- It would explain why her family didn't completely FREAK OUT when she wasn't there in the morning.

Hmm.....an aerial pic of a white truck with a black bicycle in the truck bed. Is this NOT a pic that was released? I am 100% absolutely sure this girl showed it to me this morning. I was out searching, getting eaten alive by swamp monsters, sweating, bleeding, left from there to post flyers, picked up the hubs at work, picked up the stepdaughter from the other parents, picked up the little kids from my parents, drank a coke, and came home. I have not had time to check the news b/c I figured it would be here and I could just kill two birds with one stone.

This girl....I have to find her!!!!!!!!! I only have a first name. From now on when I offer someone a ride I will ask for more ID. She is friends/former classmates with BW, her best friend is RM's gf. I thought the pic she was showing me was something the media released early this morning?! Off to hunt it down.

"RM's" gf as in Rocky Mcgee????

I'm a Luddite newbie w/little knowledge, can't even do an avatar..I have only one comment. If I remember correctly, a poster made a comment, last week? That the people at the Circle K (including running white t-shirt guy) appeared Mexican/Latino/Hispanic. I was heartened to see the picture of Mickey at La Morenita today. As a vieja of Spanish/Hispanic descent, I wondered, as difficult as cross-cultural interactions can be harsh. Has the LE considered blowing up that pic & taking it to La Morenita or La Tienda or a Latino church? They/we, along w/ wait-staff, etc tend to be 'invisible.' if you're respectful & treat them with dignity, just maybe they saw something, even if they weren't sure? Is it worth a try?

We see her in that exact spot though, so I don't think she just suddenly fell over sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCpsyche