LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right. I saw that the date of the report was the 20th and assumed that it was reporting something that occurred the previous day. But it is the morning of the same day.

Ok. So this robbing crew kill and rob a young, pretty white girl the previous night. Body and evidence disposed of or stashed in a car or shed. They then go out the very next night to rob some more. It just doesn't pass the smell test.

Coming from Lafayette, I truly do not believe this "crew" had anything to do with Mickey's abduction. Normally this type of crew is commonly the type that does quick crimes, and in this situation on foot. Mickey would have been left without a purse, bike and necklace, but able to walk back to circle K.

LA

I want to put the images in this order, but am interested in other's thoughts.

91lylt.jpg

The truck doesnt have to have a chrome package to have the gas cover. You can go to any auto store like Autozone, Pepboys, or Napa they tend to sell those in store, and because the truck is generic its easy to have them in stock...you can even go to Walmart and get ones that arent even chrome that are adhesive on one side and stick on. And as far as the Z71 emblem missing, its not impossible that it was manufactured without one, or, that whomever owns the vehicle decided to de-badge it...its actually common

Bad wording saying 'chrome package' - sorry. They could have just released that there is in fact a chrome gas cover to eliminate those that don't is what I meant, but they didn't - although they described the 'other' truck as having chrome. And I agree about the decals - just pointing out that usually you see them on both sides of the truck.

My daughter lives in Baton Rouge and goes to LSU. She found out about it through facebook and has been trying to get info from the local station but there is never anything on MS.

My niece in Shreveport heard about it from me...has seen it since on FB...not much else...

But I'm not talking about the truck on University. It's the truck coming back up St. Landry! The one we don't have a timestamp for.

Ok, I see that is new. The truck is waiting to take a left onto University, possibly timestamped at 1:51 and then we have the truck with the bed cover on University at 1:51:27, which could go towards it being the same truck.

7 years? I was under the presumption that he got a probation type sentence and did not do any time, therefore would still be out and about on the roadways...

I will try to go back and find the link. His sentencing is coming up in August 2012, and he's looking at 7 years hard labor.

fox news is going to have something about the truck at 8:00 pm CST: direct tv channel 360

That is Fox national news...unlikely to be up to date or even have everything accurate, IMO...but who knows...JMO

I'm not sure of the speed he was traveling, but the vehicle was destroyed. I know that the trial is coming up soon and that he is facing some jail time. (7 years I think)

Considering the damage done to the decedent's vehicle, I am surprised RM's vehicle was still operable??!!

His sentencing is scheduled for August.

I was under the impresson this took place 2 years ago, when he was 17. My bad....sentencing must take a bit longer than I expected..I assume he was still out and about on the street though?

The pic attached is the one labeled "Truck(0151)" on the LPD press release site.

(It's totally possible we already knew that this truck traveled in the opposite direction of Mickey at 1:51 am, but I thought that was related to the time stamp on the truck on University because that camera DID have a time stamp.)

Attachments

• Truck(0151).jpg
    Truck(0151).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 23
I believe it's up. It's the tail light that blows out the rear and gives an optical illusion of there being no tailgate. You can see, between the tail lights, a square and I think that's the tailgate in the closed position.

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae245/zerospheres/utey.jpg

What if the truck had something like this that would be hard to see in the pictures:
http://www.autoanything.com/hitch-bed-accessories/60A2374A0A0.aspx

I found several different versions of these from straight across to ones that are more like nets. Since the owner changed the gas cap cover, would it be that much of a stretch to be open to the option that the tailgate could have been changed too?

Aren't we past 8pm cst? :waitasec:

Mais yeah! I wasn't paying attention to the clock, no. I just copied and pasted that from my aunt on FB. Later realized it was Judge P.which was already mentioned.

I want to put the images in this order, but am interested in other's thoughts.

91lylt.jpg

I do see it in this order too. The truck was waiting to turn left onto University and possibly spotted her coming from St. John street then turned back around and followed her back onto St. Landry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3