LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes chili you have to pay first. But they could have gone in to get cigs, a coke, etc

The pic attached is the one labeled "Truck(0151)" on the LPD press release site.

(It's totally possible we already knew that this truck traveled in the opposite direction of Mickey at 1:51 am, but I thought that was related to the time stamp on the truck on University because that camera DID have a time stamp.)

No, you are right, we never knew the time for that pic.

But it's taking a left onto University at 1:51 and we have the picture of a white truck on University at 1:51:27 which goes to it actually being the same truck as the one with the bed cover IMO. I wish they would officially clear up the conflicting information.

I want to put the images in this order, but am interested in other's thoughts.

91lylt.jpg

I think the DWTIQ pics should be switched. The way I s it, guy in darkcar is in paying/getting a coke, etc. in MS/DWTIQ 1st pic, then pumping his gas (he is leaning on back of car to me, not walking in to pay) hen DWTIQ is passing again (back up the road after having followed/been behind MS I'm first sequence of pics).

Thoughts?

I just made my hubby look at the three pics (he's not at all into this) and he said very quickly - the two trucks are not the same truck... he said one is extended cab and one is crew cab... plain and simple. We've had one type and have the other type now.

who knows...i was just surprised it was so cut and dried to him looking at the pics for a few seconds.

I want to put the images in this order, but am interested in other's thoughts.

91lylt.jpg
Interesting.

Considering you have to prepay, though, I think it would seem like Mickey's picture goes first. Black car driver is inside paying.

Truck follows right behind Mickey. Black car driver is still inside paying.

In the next two minutes, white car pulls up at pump.

Truck comes back up St. Landry. Black car driver walking to pump gas (maybe he had to open the cover from the driver's side?). White car driver going inside to pre-pay.

Isn't sonar a type of sound wave that bounces off of an object and returns an approximate image of the object? It isn't like X-ray, which would go right through wood.
There's active & passive sonar, but wood has always posed a prob as I understand it.

Thank you, that is exactly how I read it.

If they have updated info, they need to relase it to the public (if they really want our help with id'ing the truck).

When you have to say "that's how I read it", it means you're assuming that's what someone meant. That's fine as long it's not passed along as fact. It was never clear. The police NEVER said, "the white truck in the left turn lane on St Landrey is the same truck on University and we eliminated it", or something similar. People speak imprecisely all the time. It's just that nobody tried to clarify it so they filled in what was unclear with what they assumed. I have always thought they were the same truck (on St Landrey) and so did some other people here.

Do you have to pay before you pump?

Yes. At least everywhere I get gas (unless paying at pump or possibly the clerk knows you and will turn on pump before payment - if you pick up pump I believe it beeps inside. Typically though the clerk will not turn on the pump unless you have already paid)...

I think the first picture is from 1:51 and the next 2 are from 1:48.

I agree the labelling on the truck heading left appears to have a later time. But that only leaves 3 minutes. No time to hit her and put her in the truck and the bike. Even if she knew them, is 3 minutes enough time for them to put the bike in the truck and for her to get in. And then why would they go in the opposite direction?

I did consider the truck passing her, then having to turn around and backing into her by accident, but 3 minutes just isn't enough time.

I agree the labelling on the truck heading left appears to have a later time. But that only leaves 3 minutes. No time to hit her and put her in the truck and the bike. Even if she knew them, is 3 minutes enough time for them to put the bike in the truck and for her to get in. And then why would they go in the opposite direction?

I did consider the truck passing her, then having to turn around and backing into her by accident, but 3 minutes just isn't enough time.

I think it's 2 different trucks. :D

I think the DWTIQ pics should be switched. The way I s it, guy in darkcar is in paying/getting a coke, etc. in MS/DWTIQ 1st pic, then pumping his gas (he is leaning on back of car to me, not walking in to pay) hen DWTIQ is passing again (back up the road after having followed/been behind MS I'm first sequence of pics).

Thoughts?

I have no idea what you just said lol

What is dwtiq?

I was under the impresson this took place 2 years ago, when he was 17. My bad....sentencing must take a bit longer than I expected..I assume he was still out and about on the street though?

The accident did take place 2 years ago. They have been working on the case since then. McGee has pled guilty to felony hit and run with a fatality but is not scheduled to be sentenced until August. I guess it took time to determine what charge would be most likely to get a conviction based on the evidence they had.

The accident that McGee was involved in 2 years ago happened a mile down the road from my house. From my understanding, the other vehicle backed out into oncoming traffic. McGee is in trouble because he was drinking and fled the scene of the accident. It is also my understanding that McGee was traveling at a high rate of speed and that he did not have a license. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that info. That explains why the dead guy was at fault but it also explains McGee's culpability. The first person who leaked the info about the cops questioning McGee about Mickey's case, said that the man who was killed was a father. I'll bet there are still some very hard feelings around that terrible night.

Perhaps the white truck isn't involved.

they REALLLLLY need to straighten out this truck situation. i mean, COME ON people! how are we, the public, supposed to help when we don't know what we are supposed to be looking for?! i saw 4 white z71s with the z71 sticker (otherwise, how in the world am i to know it's a ding dong z71) in 3 miles this afternoon on my may to pick up a quiznos. i didn't pay attention to the gas cap cover because i wasn't sure what color they had decided it was. they need a press conference to clear all this nonsense up.

also, baton rouge and new orleans need to step up their news coverage because obviously there are many people there who don't know about her. i DID see a billboard (the ones that change ads every few seconds) off of I10 West around the college drive exit in Baton Rouge. it was a BIG picture of her face with info. it changed to the next ad before i could read the info.

i'm just so frustrated that we aren't getting anywhere, and figuring out the truck would be a start that should have been figured out like say ohhhh TWO WEEKS AGO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3