LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now I'm beginning to wonder, since the time stamp on it would almost match times that Mickey and the truck going in her direction, turned around, and was headed in the left lane to proceed onto University.
Ahh, I see where you're going with this.

There are too many unknowns at this point. Like what pics LPD has of the truck in question.

Not true.

Following the historic Lindbergh kidnapping (the abduction and murder of Charles Lindbergh's toddler son), the United States Congress adopted a federal kidnapping statute—popularly known as the Federal Kidnapping Act 18 U.S.C.*§*1201(a)(1) (also known as the Lindbergh Law, or Little Lindbergh Law) — which was intended to let federal authorities step in and pursue kidnappers once they had crossed state lines with their victim.

bbm

Federal Kidnapping Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, thanks, and I stand corrected. Do you know if the law has since been amended?

I can't open .pdfs, btw.

How coverage of this case has there been in the Baton Rouge and New Orleans area?

I haven't been watching the local news, but did see an article in the Times-Picayune last week. Perhaps more importantly, the missing flyers are everywhere in New Orleans.

You may not have been here, but there was LONG LONG drawn out discussion about the three white trucks several days ago. There were definite factions with different opinions. Much was made about whether the two white trucks on St. Landry were the same truck or different trucks. Much was made about what the heck the official police line was. While the discussion did come to a close, I know that not everybody was satisfied. I think many found it exhausting and did not want to return. This new news about them being the same truck will force a revisit. And it won't be welcomed by everyone.

There were some, btw, who claimed they could see a figure sitting on the back of the truck facing University. Others claimed it was glare. No consensus on that either.

And it looks like the discussion hasn't quite ended.

If all three could possibly be the same vehicle, my brain is going to start leaking out of my tear ducts.

That makes sense because where St. Julien intersects with Johnston st is right near the bike path, and to the right on Johnston St there is as a large parking lot where there is a Subway and Izzo's Illegal Burito. Plenty of room to ride without being forced into the tiny dangerous bike lane on Johnston St.

Welcome :)

:welcome:

Yes, after 7pm it goes to vm. Did you leave the msg? I would also call back tomorrow and speak to someone.

Yes, of course, I left the info. I can call tomorrow, too.

I haven't been watching the local news, but did see an article in the Times-Picayune last week. Perhaps more importantly, the missing flyers are everywhere in New Orleans.

But do they show the truck?

If all three could possibly be the same vehicle, my brain is going to start leaking out of my tear ducts.
I don't think it's possible for all three to be the same vehicle. The chrome gas cap cover is missing in the pick of the truck on University.

Well now that it's been confirmed that that truck is the same truck, we need to figure out where he turned and how he escaped the cam on University if that's not him in the truck on University. It's not pleasant but well, I'll shut up if you want me to lol, but I'll still be looking at maps here to see what could have happened.

also it is important to note that the truck on university does not have a gas cap that is colored differently than the truck's body, so it can't be the same on in front of circle k in the left turn lane (although depending on if the cam on university was continuous or just stills sequence, le may have another photo of dwtiq)...

thank you!

IMO I don't think the left turn lane pic and university pic can possibly be the same. One has a visibly different colored (whether chrome or black or even missing) gas cap, the other's gas cap is clearly (IMO) the same color A's the body of the truck. The only question in my mind would be whether the truck pics both taken from the LCG cam are the same, which has been tentatively confirmed by LE via Artis.

That makes sense because where St. Julien intersects with Johnston st is right near the bike path, and to the right on Johnston St there is as a large parking lot where there is a Subway and Izzo's Illegal Burito. Plenty of room to ride without being forced into the tiny dangerous bike lane on Johnston St.

I think this is highlighted correctly....if it helps anyone with a visual.
Hope this attachment works.

msmap2 - Copy.JPG

These are 2 different screenshots from 2 different news sources. The truck on University and the car has been ruled out.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Vehicles.jpg
    Vehicles.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 66
Well now that it's been confirmed that that truck is the same truck, we need to figure out where he turned and how he escaped the cam on University if that's not him in the truck on University. It's not pleasant but well, I'll shut up if you want me to lol, but I'll still be looking at maps here to see what could have happened.
But we don't know he escaped the camera on University ;)

Seems like somebody needs to call the LPD again. Speak to a detective, not a traffic cop.

for anyone who feels like they REALLY need to speak directly to an officer, you can do what i did.

the one time that i called, last saturday, i googled Lafayette Police Dept and used that number. a young sounding guy answered and i told him why i was calling. he said hold on let me refer you to so and so. a woman then picked up. i told her my tip and she said "i'll have a detective call you back." the detective called me back and gave me his name. he was very nice. he told me that he'd give my tip to the lead detective on the case and then he gave me the lead detective's name. it wasn't mouton. he said detective something. i know i should remember, but it was before i thought i'd get this involved in the case. my tip just so happened to be another incident that took place the same night in the Saint street area that was totally unrelated. someone else had called in the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc