LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so if the bike comes back with DNA on it, it won't do us any good unless it's DNA of someone already in the criminal database, right? since we still don't have a suspect there's no one to match DNA with. i probably sound really stupid when it comes to crimes, but i don't watch any crime mystery type shows except Castle and it's pretty basic. i'm more interested in him and kate and their humor.
BBM
Your in good company. Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick does the same.
She and Kaitlyn enjoy watching Castle, a detective show in which a hunky mystery writer helps a beautiful female detective solve crimes. She will not, however, watch CSI, which she describes as “laughable and completely unrealistic.”

http://www.ohlmag.com/topics/features/iron-lady

What do we know about Mickey?

Well, while we were on time out today lol, it gave me an opportunity to look and listen to a few videos, one of them that I thought was really good was this one. A radio station talking to Charlie, her sister. Tells a lot about who Mickey is and what she likes.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e9s4R5tGbA"]Charlene Shunick Discusses The Search For Mickey Shunick - YouTube[/ame]

Seems like somebody needs to call the LPD again. Speak to a detective, not a traffic cop.

You make a good point - couldnt they trace her route basically. I think though the way it works is they 'ping' off of towers that can cover areas a few miles wide (at least). So it could just say that if she is in the area because she pings off the same tower the entire ride home. I had the thought that if she was hit - accidentally or on purpose - that would have been enough to drop the phone and turn it 'off' suddenly. She did not have smartphone - had a basic flip phone, so it cannot be pinged once it is off anyway.
So even when it was on, because there were no towers around, they couldn't track it all the way until it was actually off?

i wonder if taking DNA samples of everyone and putting them into a database, kind of like getting a social security card, would help to bring crime levels down. this way, you know that if your DNA is found, then you will be found. i guess that would go against freedom though, making DNA samples mandatory.

Welcome to WS.
The only thing I have heard about the phone is that it was off and that it is a type that cannot be "pinged", although I did not know that such phones existed, really.

I think it was said, more specifically, that it is a type that cannot be pinged while it is off.

Ok, so if the truck went past MS coming the other way and then turned around to snatch her, as some posters believe, I have two questions about that theory:

1. Would the truck be able to get to I-10 without going back past the same camera after turning around to follow MS and snatching her?

2. Would the truck have had to pass the cam earlier in the day/night in order to get where he was coming from going opposite of MS down that road?

I guess answering one answers the other.

that she taught horseback riding lessons. this is through the grapevine, so i can't say that I KNOW this.

but i'd like to know her major etc.

Anthropology. There's a link somewhere I can'tget bc I'm posting from my phone.

Ok, so if the truck went past MS coming the other way and then turned around to snatch her, as some posters believe, I have two questions about that theory:

1. Would the truck be able to get to I-10 without going back past the same camera after turning around to follow MS and snatching her?

2. Would the truck have had to pass the cam earlier in the day/night in order to get where he was coming from going opposite of MS down that road?

I guess answering one answers the other.

Go down St. Landry and take a right on St. Mary. St. Mary to W. Congress. Right on Congress and you are back to University. Just making a circle. You do not pass by any of the cameras that we have.

Time for local news..i'll see if they say anything about the white truck

i wonder if taking DNA samples of everyone and putting them into a database, kind of like getting a social security card, would help to bring crime levels down. this way, you know that if your DNA is found, then you will be found. i guess that would go against freedom though, making DNA samples mandatory.

no.
plus dna isn't this miracle worker that people think it is.
people still do crimes that result in life in prison or the death penalty. i doubt dna collection would have any effect on crime rates.

and someone's dna being found at a scene doesn't prove that they committed a crime...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne