LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! First time poster. I live here in Lafayette also and even though I don't know MS personally, this is affecting me as if I did know her. I'm sure this is the deal with a lot of people. Ive been keeping up with what i could of these threads but i think im missing things that might've been discussed. I'm afraid to ask this since I'm sure everyone wants to keep talking about white trucks (don't yell at me plz lol) but they said they couldn't track Mickey's phone because it was off, correct? But can they not track it at all because it's off OR can they not track where she is right now because it's off? This might be confusing so for example, the picture of her riding her bike, let's say they didn't have that picture or video, she most likely still had her phone on that point, but since it's off at the moment, they wouldn't have been able to track her at circle k? Agh this phone tracking stuff is confusing, hopefully I made my question clear. I might be confusing tracking with pinging... Ugh

I'm glad to be here. Let's bring Mickey home!

I don't think so. The Z71 option is about off road enhancements like skid plates and suspension upgrades. Chrome running boards would be another option or aftermarket additions in my opinion.

This is true. My dh has unfortunately a white z71. Z71 is a suspension package. We added chrome running boards (or nerf bars) after we bought it...

Thanks. I did this a few days back, copy and pasted from a verified media's FB, but it got deleted. I wondered why. I guess b/c I only said "according to so-and-so, " instead of the link.

If you copy and paste from a MSM media source, you must limit the quote to 10% of the source material and provide a link to where you copied it.

Hi everyone! First time poster. I live here in Lafayette also and even though I don't know MS personally, this is affecting me as if I did know her. I'm sure this is the deal with a lot of people. Ive been keeping up with what i could of these threads but i think im missing things that might've been discussed. I'm afraid to ask this since I'm sure everyone wants to keep talking about white trucks (don't yell at me plz lol) but they said they couldn't track Mickey's phone because it was off, correct? But can they not track it at all because it's off OR can they not track where she is right now because it's off? This might be confusing so for example, the picture of her riding her bike, let's say they didn't have that picture or video, she most likely still had her phone on that point, but since it's off at the moment, they wouldn't have been able to track her at circle k? Agh this phone tracking stuff is confusing, hopefully I made my question clear. I might be confusing tracking with pinging... Ugh

Welcome to WS.
The only thing I have heard about the phone is that it was off and that it is a type that cannot be "pinged", although I did not know that such phones existed, really.

Judge Jeanine has a panel of 3 experts on discussing forensics, type of crime, etc.

The forensics expert says they must first determine if the bike was hit by a vehicle. Look for paint on the bike, etc.

The former FBI Profiler (Candice DeLong) says the perp seems to be familiar with the area (hunter, fisherman, based on where bike was dumped). She thinks the perp might have been drunk and accidentally hit Mickey.

The former NYPD homicide detective says the truck is key. He thinks the z71 is big enough to carry Mickey's bike and is crucial to the case.

But the family has said all along they believe she is okay...what else can they believe?

Yeah, I know they have faith that she is still alive, but I've just never thought about actually seeing her out in public somewhere....being around CS pretty often and knowing how much they look alike, I would definitely spot MS unless there was some drastic change to her hair. But it's just odd to think about.

I've never seen a Silverado with handles on the outside of the extended cab door. Not saying it isn't impossible but even when you go to the build your own on the Chevy website it doesn't show that option.

I believe someone may have explained it earlier, but an extended cab has a small backseat and 4 doors BUT the two backwoods have no handles. You have to open the front doors and the back door opens backwards. A crew cab is what Chevy calls their true 4 door trucks.

so if the bike comes back with DNA on it, it won't do us any good unless it's DNA of someone already in the criminal database, right? since we still don't have a suspect there's no one to match DNA with. i probably sound really stupid when it comes to crimes, but i don't watch any crime mystery type shows except Castle and it's pretty basic. i'm more interested in him and kate and their humor.

I'm now thinking she was snatched.

Could he have made a u-turn at that intersection we can't see behind the trees?

Apologies in advance if this is a repetition.

so if the bike comes back with DNA on it, it won't do us any good unless it's DNA of someone already in the criminal database, right? since we still don't have a suspect there's no one to match DNA with. i probably sound really stupid when it comes to crimes, but i don't watch any crime mystery type shows except Castle and it's pretty basic. i'm more interested in him and kate and their humor.

You don't sound stupid at all. You're spot on about the DNA. If there is any DNA it won't help unless it's already in the database.

You make a good point - couldnt they trace her route basically. I think though the way it works is they 'ping' off of towers that can cover areas a few miles wide (at least). So it could just say that if she is in the area because she pings off the same tower the entire ride home. I had the thought that if she was hit - accidentally or on purpose - that would have been enough to drop the phone and turn it 'off' suddenly. She did not have smartphone - had a basic flip phone, so it cannot be pinged once it is off anyway.

You don't sound stupid at all. You're spot on about the DNA. If there is any DNA it won't help unless it's already in the database.

We can only hope/pray/dream. Wonder when we'll hear anything on the bike or other things they said they found but did not want to release yet.

Yeah, I know they have faith that she is still alive, but I've just never thought about actually seeing her out in public somewhere....being around CS pretty often and knowing how much they look alike, I would definitely spot MS unless there was some drastic change to her hair. But it's just odd to think about.

where do i get fliers. i am in baton rouge. i could hang them up here. i did see one at which wich (the sandwhich restaurant) off siegen the other day, but i haven't noticed any other than that one and the big billboard off I10W at near the college drive exit.

The chrome gas tank cover was on the truck that was ruled out.

Too many WT's.

I went somewhere last night. First red light I get to, I put up next to a WT. A white z-71 to be exact. I get to where I'm going, and see 2 more of them. They are everywhere.

Yeah.. so much truck discussion that night that I dreamed of them!! LOL

The window of time, as Artis pointed out with the people and cars coming and going in the Circkle K lot is only what, about 8 minutes at most, and more likely at that time of night less?

I've concluded that white trucks should be illegal. Or perhaps all vehicles need to have REALLY big license plates.

I was JUST thinking right before I read that "I can't believe we're still talking about the truck. And asking the same questions."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne