LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hear you but we've got conflicting information. Though if i'm looking at this logically, we should only take a police officer's word if he's an actual detective working the case. God knows how much confusion there's been over these clucking trucks - it's highly possible that there's confusion amongst lpd as well.

But then again, it might not matter to them if those pics are the same or not because they're already hot on someone's trail ;) :please:

bbm: Word!

It's also possible that initially they thought it was the same truck turning left on University but then realized later it wasn't but then didn't update the public to that info. Right?

Also it is important to note that the truck on University does not have a gas cap that is colored differently than the truck's body, so it can't be the same on in front of Circle K in the left turn lane (although depending on if the cam on University was continuous or just stills sequence, LE may have another photo of DWTIQ)...

Do you have flyers? Do you need more?

is there a way for me to print them myself? is there a link from the bring mickey home website? or will the headquarters mail them to me? i am out and about in Baton Rouge allllll of the time. I'm willing to bring them with me everywhere. i just wish there were some in NOLA because i was so shocked that my brother in law didn't even know that her bike was found! he watches Fox news more than the local, but still.

I've been seeing white trucks in my sleep!

Confidence is growing!

2007/2008 -2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71.

That's what I got so far. Huge window, sorry.

/faint

P.S. Sorry if it's been mentioned, but since GM manufactures the Z71 "brand" Sierras have that pesky sticker too.

How soon did they find Pam kinnamore's body under whiskey bay exit after she went missing?

Also, was derrick Todd lee still driving around is his white truck after it was a VOI?

Also it is important to note that the truck on University does not have a gas cap that is colored differently than the truck's body, so it can't be the same on in front of Circle K in the left turn lane (although depending on if the cam on University was continuous or just stills sequence, LE may have another photo of DWTIQ)...
I said that a long time ago and nobody listened :banghead: :( :blushing:

Thanks for reminding me!

D@mn White Truck In Question
:)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7989250&postcount=119"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15[/ame]

My lasting contribution to the thread. ;]

Exactly. We need to realize, LE has the video. They were able to see this truck driving along before the sign got in the way of the back door handles. They said it's a crew cab (4 door).

One truck looks longer than the other,,,but what do I know.

One of the posters here said he sold Chevy's and that not all Z71s have the decal.

If a Silverado doesn't have the Z71 decal, how can you visually determine it is one without putting it on a rack for inspection? In other words LPD must have photographic evidence of a Z71 decal in order to say the truck is a Z71.

There's no way to tell because of the poor quality. Someone at a professional level, like the FBI, may be able to.

I see people say something along these lines all the time here on websleuths. I work with images for a living and I would love to know what LE and the FBI do with images like this. I personally think this thinking (that the government can make blurry images clearer) is due to CSI. There really isn't a way to take a poor quality image and make it clearer. A computer would have to be able to look at an image and know what is there even if the picture doesn't show it well. It would have to say "I am 100% certain there is a bike under the truck" and create those pixels. Obviously, this isn't plausible. There are minor things you can do like sharpening it etc, but it wouldn't without a doubt make the image look clean and clear like a well-taken photograph.

If there were a way to make low-res images into high quality images, my life would be so much easier, and so would many others! That's why I don't believe anything exists to do this. People would be all over it.

Thanks. We had other people on here who would know say they were different trucks but I didn't understand why until you posted that. Now I see how they can be different, the crew cab is longer, it's the one faced opposite of the way Mickey is traveling, turning left onto Univ. It would be obvious if the sign wasn't blocking the back door of the other truck because extended cabs don't have back door handles.

Some extended cabs do have 4 doors just like not a full size in depth back doors wih handles and a smaller depth back seat . Crew cab has 4 full size doors and a larger back seat. JMO

If the a Silverado doesn't have the Z71 decal, how can you visually determine it is one without putting it on a rack for inspection? In other words LPD must have photographic evidence of a Z71 decal in order to say the truck is a Z71.

I know nothing about the z71 package. But could it have to do with the chrome running boards?

If the a Silverado doesn't have the Z71 decal, how can you visually determine it is one without putting it on a rack for inspection? In other words LPD must have photographic evidence of a Z71 decal in order to say the truck is a Z71.

Let's hope so! in addition to all of the z71s i saw today, i saw a more silverados. so i'm hoping it's not a silverado. they say silverado down the side but look alot like the z71s. either way, they aren't going to call in all drivers of certain white trucks, so i guess it doesn't really matter that much. i mean i've been seeing them, but it's not like we are calling them in.

Maybe somebody could post trick pictures on silveradosierra.com and see what they think about both of them? I would but being on my phone it'd take ages!

Let's hope so! in addition to all of the z71s i saw today, i saw a more silverados. so i'm hoping it's not a silverado. they say silverado down the side but look alot like the z71s. either way, they aren't going to call in all drivers of certain white trucks, so i guess it doesn't really matter that much. i mean i've been seeing them, but it's not like we are calling them in.

This is all greek to me but I know Silverados can be z71's. I saw a white onethe other night. Sorry if I misunderstood your post.

I've concluded that white trucks should be illegal. Or perhaps all vehicles need to have REALLY big license plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw