LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE works with AMW when they do a bit on their show and I seriously doubt that either local LE or AMW wants to be hit with calls about every white truck people see, if they don't need to find the white truck in question. LE could easily come out and announce they are no longer seeking the white truck, without saying why, if indeed they have already found it and/or ruled it out. I think they must still the info.

Unless LE can clarify who was driving this truck and why, I don't see how they can move on, unless of course they have their suspect in custody or under surveillance-but again, if they do, why would they still want endless calls and queries about the WT??

I know nothing about the z71 package. But could it have to do with the chrome running boards?

I don't think so. The Z71 option is about off road enhancements like skid plates and suspension upgrades. Chrome running boards would be another option or aftermarket additions in my opinion.

Hey I think I've found something.

I went to the lapd site I just linked to download clean pics myself to play with in photoshop. When you right-click to save as on the first four pics (under May 26th), they are labeled as "Picture 1", "Picture 2", "Picture 3" and "Picture 4".

When you do the same for the two pictures posted on May 25th, they are labeled as "Truck(0151)" and "Versailles(0147)". I think those numbers are the time stamps.

Unfortunately, it's the ones near Circle K that don't have the time stamps. I don't know that it would make a big difference except to people on forums. We know that the pic of Mickey and one truck shot have the same gas station in the background. In the other, there's one additional car. Whether this is a one or five minute span of time I hope the cops know.

I have an 07 Silverado (red not white) and it's not a Z71. So rule me out.

For those who watched that Judge show, any new info?? TIA

I'm watching it now (on DVR). Lt. Vaughan Buriss is on and Tom and Charlie Shunick are on via Skype.

Lt. Buriss says the WT was in the general area where Mickey passed. They want to talk to the occupants of the truck to see if they saw anything or if they were involved.

Bike was found dumped in the river in a really secluded area.

(so far nothing new)

Social Networks
Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)
Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

I see people say something along these lines all the time here on websleuths. I work with images for a living and I would love to know what LE and the FBI do with images like this. I personally think this thinking (that the government can make blurry images clearer) is due to CSI. There really isn't a way to take a poor quality image and make it clearer. A computer would have to be able to look at an image and know what is there even if the picture doesn't show it well. It would have to say "I am 100% certain there is a bike under the truck" and create those pixels. Obviously, this isn't plausible. There are minor things you can do like sharpening it etc, but it wouldn't without a doubt make the image look clean and clear like a well-taken photograph.

If there were a way to make low-res images into high quality images, my life would be so much easier, and so would many others! That's why I don't believe anything exists to do this. People would be all over it.
No kidding. Adobe is working on it though -- http://tv.adobe.com/watch/max-2011-sneak-peeks/max-2011-sneak-peek-image-deblurring/?t=201.963

I'm watching it now (on DVR). Lt. Vaughan Buriss is on and Tom and Charlie Shunick are on via Skype.

Lt. Buriss says the WT was in the general area where Mickey passed. They want to talk to the occupants of the truck to see if they saw anything or if they were involved.

Bike was found dumped in the river in a really secluded area.

(so far nothing new)

Thanks a bunch!!

I leave for a few hours and finally we have confirmation on the white truck traveling in the opposite direction, THANK YOU ARTIS!!!!! AND God bless you. Honestly, I was beginning to wonder myself. Even though the wheels looked different, the back wheel in both those trucks started to look the same to me. Whew. Now, that needs to be cleared up publically by law enforcement!! Pronto!

Tom and Charlie tell Judge Jeanine that it was not unusual for Mickey to ride her bike home at 2 am. Mickey had never mentioned anything to either Tom or Charlie about anyone bothering her, harassing her, or stalking her.

Brettly is standing right next to them (off camera) per Tom.

Tom doesn't think it's unusual that her bike was found 27 miles away because it's just down I-10. He's just glad they found her bike.

He thanks the wonderful community of Lafayette. He wants everyone to report any blonde 5'1" 115 lb girl they see who could be Mickey.

Charlie thinks someone took Mickey and she thinks Mickey is okay.

. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Thanks. I did this a few days back, copy and pasted from a verified media's FB, but it got deleted. I wondered why. I guess b/c I only said "according to so-and-so, " instead of the link.

LE works with AMW when they do a bit on their show and I seriously doubt that either local LE or AMW wants to be hit with calls about every white truck people see, if they don't need to find the white truck in question. LE could easily come out and announce they are no longer seeking the white truck, without saying why, if indeed they have already found it and/or ruled it out. I think they must still the info.

Unless LE can clarify who was driving this truck and why, I don't see how they can move on, unless of course they have their suspect in custody or under surveillance-but again, if they do, why would they still want endless calls and queries about the WT??

If they have their suspect in custody I can understand calling off the plea for public help in identifying it, but if they just have it under surveillance and are tailing a potential perp, they may leave the plea in place for two reasons: the perp does not suspect they have locate him and/or if it turns up he is not involved, they don't want to miss a tip that could be the perp's truck. I am not sure why LE would tail him rather than call him in fo questioning if they suspected someone. Also not sure how they would confirm it was the right driver (ie I could walk in to LPD station if I owned a white Z71 and claim it was me and say I saw nothing - unless LE has info we do not which I believe they do)...

I know there are ways to tell which cell tower a phone pings on, but does it also work the other way around - can LE identify the tower that would be pinged by a phone in that area and pull all pings from the tower and track those folks down? Just curious, not entirely sure how that works.

Some extended cabs do have 4 doors just like not a full size in depth back doors wih handles and a smaller depth back seat . Crew cab has 4 full size doors and a larger back seat. JMO

I've never seen a Silverado with handles on the outside of the extended cab door. Not saying it isn't impossible but even when you go to the build your own on the Chevy website it doesn't show that option.

He thanks the wonderful community of Lafayette. He wants everyone to report any blonde 5'1" 115 lb girl they see who could be Mickey.

Charlie thinks someone took Mickey and she thinks Mickey is okay.

Hmm...

If they have their suspect in custody I can understand calling off the plea for public help in identifying it, but if they just have it under surveillance and are tailing a potential perp, they may leave the plea in place for two reasons: the perp does not suspect they have locate him and/or if it turns up he is not involved, they don't want to miss a tip that could be the perp's truck. I am not sure why LE would tail him rather than call him in fo questioning if they suspected someone. Also not sure how they would confirm it was the right driver (ie I could walk in to LPD station if I owned a white Z71 and claim it was me and say I saw nothing - unless LE has info we do not which I believe they do)...

I know there are ways to tell which cell tower a phone pings on, but does it also work the other way around - can LE identify the tower that would be pinged by a phone in that area and pull all pings from the tower and track those folks down? Just curious, not entirely sure how that works.

As far as the tower...I think they can do that, in very rural areas...when only a few phones may have been pinging at a certain time...not sure how that would work in a fairly populated area...

I want to put the images in this order, but am interested in other's thoughts.

91lylt.jpg

I think you are correct but we can't be sure w/o time stamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw