DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead:
Question for ladies...
Where do most women put their phones?
Inside or attached to purses, pockets or hold them in their hands?
If MS had hers inside whatever bag she was carrying and not in her hands, it would not have fallen in the street. If she was holding it in her hands and she dropped it after she was purposely hit, it would have fallen and broken in the street. Doubt they had time to pick it up.

I wouldn't put a phone in my pocket if I was wearing skinny jeans and pedaling a bike.

I see people say something along these lines all the time here on websleuths. I work with images for a living and I would love to know what LE and the FBI do with images like this. I personally think this thinking (that the government can make blurry images clearer) is due to CSI. There really isn't a way to take a poor quality image and make it clearer. A computer would have to be able to look at an image and know what is there even if the picture doesn't show it well. It would have to say "I am 100% certain there is a bike under the truck" and create those pixels. Obviously, this isn't plausible. There are minor things you can do like sharpening it etc, but it wouldn't without a doubt make the image look clean and clear like a well-taken photograph.

If there were a way to make low-res images into high quality images, my life would be so much easier, and so would many others! That's why I don't believe anything exists to do this. People would be all over it.

I've never watched CSI or any other serial fiction crime shows but I bet they do make it look like magic. What I was thinking about was something a bit different. I'm interested in UFOs and there's one lab, in particular, that came to my mind, called Village Labs, in Arizona. They analyzed the Phoenix lights. They can do something with areas of brightness or light and tell what it isn't - for instance the lights were flares, which give off a different signature. On the tail end of the truck, where people think there may be no tailgate, I think they could determine is if it's tail lights that make it appear there's no tail gate. Also, where it looks like there are chrome running boards - that also looks like (to me) it could be light from the gas station, across the street, shining under the truck and it might not be running boards. So, I think someone like Village Labs could do a lot in helping to clarify what's there.

There are only two pics of Z71 so this is more confusing than anything else.

There is a photo of a white truck on the edge of the photo of the OLDS on St. Landry. It is heading towards the University intersection. Go take a look. My timeline was assuming that was also the Z-71.

Thinking about it, I probably would have my phone in my bag riding a bike so it doesn't scooch out of my pocket and hit the road.

Let me interject something here.... and PLEASE keep up the productive discussion on the truck. Y'all are making progress tonight, and I urge you to stick with it. My hand is seizing up... so I'll make it quick. I want to drop this now, and put it to rest, while I'm still working on everything else I found today and the camera map I'm working on, as it's a separate issue:

I went to the Circle K today and took pictures. I saw that the bump in the road did NOT match the location of the truck.

The crow is in the oven with Cajun seasoning. I kept saying earlier that the bump made the truck's tire go up. I was wrong. The truck was before the bump, and apologies to wodalo for being so strident about it earlier. I think actually we are viewing a camera distortion. The truck looks bent - that may actually be a ripple in the round, smoked, plastic camera dome. Also, the white spot under the front is a glare effect created from the camera dome. Notice there are several other white spots in that photo, all of them under light sources about tghe same distance. The spot under the truck, I believe, is being caused by the truck's headlight shining through the camera dome. It's just a coincidence it shows up under the bumper and - there is an odd interplay of shadows near the truck tire.

But, whatever it actually is, you cannot deny the two photos below. That is fresh, virgin asphalt, without a single divot or scrape. Mickey could not have been run over without leaving a mark. I wish I had shot a little bit wider, but take my word for it - the road surface is perfect. Nothing got run over there.

DSCN2415.jpg

DSCN2406.jpg

DSCN2405.jpg

Here's something I've been pondering today, strangely:

When MS first disappeared and the search began, the first place LE searched outside of the immediate area of her known path/last known whereabouts, IIRC, was Lake Martin.

Why Lake Martin? And not the Vermilion? That seems rather specific and, I might add, a bit off the beaten path...unless...

Well, I'll leave it at that for now. Anyone?

I'm very far away & scanning maps, so this is probably an idiotic question-

What is Keystone Lock & Dam and how close is it to the Lake Martin search area?

Just something that slid past my eyes and caught my attention

Do you have a source saying LE searched it? I do know a search party went out there, but not accompanied by LE. I wonder if LE had already gone before them, or after.

Not LE, but...

http://www.katc.com/news/volunteers...or-clues-into-mickey-shunick-s-disappearance/

When I asked the question, my thoughts were centered around the idea that killers usually hide their victims' bodies in areas with which they are familiar (DTL notwithstanding). Further to that end, my thoughts were that if it was an LE-led search, then perhaps they had a hot lead on a suspect, and were searching Lake Martin for a specific reason based on the known residence of said suspect.

i change where i put my phone depending on what i have on, where i am, and what i'm doing.
i like to have it where i can get to it quickly if need be. i HATE it when it comes out of the little cell phone pockets in my purses.

Social Networks
Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)
Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

What's the 'back way"?! Tell all :)

I wouldn't put a phone in my pocket if I was wearing skinny jeans and pedaling a bike.

Good point.

Um... I know a lot of young women who stow their phone in their bra.

I notice it because they don't hide it and I frequently wonder if perspiration will damage the phone. This is how you can tell I'm old.

Cleavage Phone is pretty common in this area.

A lot of women's clothing doesn't have pockets.

None that I've seen show the truck, and at this point, I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

Maybe so, but if the driver doesn't know about the white truck, but knows he was in the area, he might know to contact LE if he sees one on a poster...even if the photo is not exactly right. I still think it is at least possible that the driver does not even know he/she is being sought. Unless of course...they are the perp.

Re-run of Judge Pirro's s show.

LE says that Mickey made it one mile of her four-mile trip home.

I'm very far away & scanning maps, so this is probably an idiotic question-

What is Keystone Lock & Dam and how close is it to the Lake Martin search area?

Just something that slid past my eyes and caught my attention

Either you're reading the PCF website, or you're psychic...there was just a discussion on this elsewhere.

Keystone Lock & Dam is roughly 15(ish) miles from Lake Martin. Only one decent sized city separates them -- St. Martinville. Keystone sits downstream of St. Martinville, on Bayou Teche, just a mile or two upstream of the merger point of LA 31 and Belmont Rd. , north of New Iberia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3