DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead:
Question for ladies...
Where do most women put their phones?
Inside or attached to purses, pockets or hold them in their hands?
If MS had hers inside whatever bag she was carrying and not in her hands, it would not have fallen in the street. If she was holding it in her hands and she dropped it after she was purposely hit, it would have fallen and broken in the street. Doubt they had time to pick it up.

Hey all, been reading here since about thread #5 and finally decided to post. Regarding the truck turning left onto University, along with the truck already ruled out ON University....perhaps they wanted to speak to the second white truck (the one ruled out) to learn if they saw anything when they went through that intersection at St Landry/Uni? If those trucks were both time-stamped at approx 1:51, that should mean Truck #2 (one ruled out) went through the intersection of St Landry while Truck #1 (one still being looked for) was sitting there waiting to turn left... Did Truck #2 see anything unusual? Any passengers in Truck #1?

FWIW I think the white truck seen going in both directions on St Landry in front of Circle K are the same; I've always thought this even when the common theory was that they were two separate trucks. But I'm no auto expert. :waitasec: However, my feeling is that the truck was spotted first behind Mickey and then again waiting to turn left onto University (opposite of the picture theory posted a few pages back).

The trucks may have been working together. This theory must not be discarded, even if LE let one of them go. Sometimes guys can be pretty slick and slip through the first time around.

I was thinking about LE calling Mickey's mother in to ID her bike. It seems kind of odd to me. The bike would have a serial number on it. Mickey was proud of that bike and probably would have kept the paperwork. I know when my bike was stolen I was able to call the store where I purchased the bike and had the serial number right away. Seems like LE could easily get the serial number. Could the number have been removed somehow? Does it seem like normal procedure to bring in a mother who is going thru so much to the location to ID the bike...

:welcome4:

I made a change.

1:48 Mickey crosses intersection and is snapped in front of Circle K
1:49 Z-71 passes in front of funeral home. Might have passed Mickey as she rode by the side of LCG bldg.
1:51 Z-71 is sitting in turning lane at University.
1:?? Z-71 has turned around and is not facing away from the intersection.

Way too busy. But St. Landry is one of the only streets in that area that is wide enough to do a U turn in the middle of the street. If the truck did turn left onto University and didn't go straight at the last min, maybe they do have it on camera, OR it turned left again off of University onto Azalea St., OR right onto Convent.

Maybe it doesn't have the z71 decal on the other side of the truck bc it had body work done at some point from a wreck. Who knows. I do know that I've seen an amazing amount of four door white z71s around. I feel sorry for the people that drive them around here, because everyone is looking. However, I have not seen ONE with a chrome gas cover!

Thanks. I wondered about a u-turn.

Here's something I've been pondering today, strangely:

When MS first disappeared and the search began, the first place LE searched outside of the immediate area of her known path/last known whereabouts, IIRC, was Lake Martin.

Why Lake Martin? And not the Vermilion? That seems rather specific and, I might add, a bit off the beaten path...unless...

Well, I'll leave it at that for now. Anyone?

Do you have a source saying LE searched it? I do know a search party went out there, but not accompanied by LE. I wonder if LE had already gone before them, or after.

Ok, so if the white truck on the edge of the OLDS picture is the Z-71.

My theory is different because I don't think the trucks facing opposite directions at the intersection are the same. (I think they are 2 different trucks). So I don't think the one in the pic with the Olds is the z71.
1:49 Z-71 passes in front of funeral home. Might have passed Mickey as she rode by the side of LCG bldg.

I am confused about the times on the last two. Is there a time for the truck in the left turning lane?

Here is my post explaining the times:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8001741&postcount=550"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19[/ame]

1:51 Z-71 has turned around and is not facing away from the intersection.

The 1:51 one IMO is faciing the intersection.

:D

What is the time stamp of the truck facing away? Unknown?
Huh. That's a good point. I have no idea.

But based on the background being almost identical to the one with Mickey riding her bike, I'd have to say pretty darn close to 1:48am.

Question for ladies...
If MS had hers inside whatever bag she was carrying and not in her hands, it would not have fallen in the street. If she was holding it in her hands and she dropped it after she was purposely hit, it would have fallen and broken in the street. Doubt they had time to pick it up.

If I have a pocket, it's in my pocket, especially if it's on vibrate. If it's in my bag, I won't know it vibrated and if it's in my hand, it's in the way.

I assume a bicyclist would have it in a pocket.

Here's something I've been pondering today, strangely:

When MS first disappeared and the search began, the first place LE searched outside of the immediate area of her known path/last known whereabouts, IIRC, was Lake Martin.

Why Lake Martin? And not the Vermilion? That seems rather specific and, I might add, a bit off the beaten path...unless...

Well, I'll leave it at that for now. Anyone?

The only thing that comes to mind is that Lake Martin would be a more obscure place to dump something. I would love to hear your thoughts...

Question for ladies...

Mine's always in my pocket. ETA: But she had skinny jeans on.... does that make a difference?

Question for ladies...

My college aged daughter would keep hers in her pocket as do most of her friends.

I made a change.

The background of what's going on at Circle K makes that scenario pretty unlikely, though.

Now if you put the truck passing in front of the funeral home before Mickey crosses the intersection, then you've got a theory.

However, that would totally discount my time stamping/file name sleuthing ... but I'm also totally okay with that :)

The only thing that comes to mind is that Lake Martin would be a more obscure place to dump something. I would love to hear your thoughts...

Don't know. Evidence might tend to stay on the bottom of a lake. A river might bring it back to the surface. Pure conjecture.

There are also a lot of homes along the Vermillion, so a lot of witnesses.

Question for ladies...

Well my bike has a basket because I am a 38 year old mother...when we get on our bikes I put my phone in a bag in my basket. I would never hold it, but I have two small children to watch. I think the most logical place would be her backpack. My older daughter puts her phone in her basket in a small Vera Bradley hipster I believe its called. It's a cross body so she also wears it sometimes while riding. She's 12 though so far from MS age.

Edited to add..I am 38, but I still wear skinny jeans. No matter what I am wearing though I would never put my phone (iPhone) in my pocket and never have. That said neither my daughter or I have ever rode bikes in jeans....and we ride all the time as a family, but more comfy clothes.

I made a change.

There are only two pics of Z71 so this is more confusing than anything else.

Question for ladies...

I keep mine in my purse sometimes, in my back pocket other times. Obviously I wouldn't do that if riding a bike and I doubt I'd have it in my hand either. I say it was probably in her backpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne