LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

http://www.revolutionary-war-and-beyond.com/4th-amendment.html

They'll get my DNA when they pry it from my cold dead hair follicles.

Thanks chicken fried. Have been following many of your posts. I know you know what you're talking about. Keep up the good work. Everyone is working hard to get her back safely.

:cheer: I am a member of the Chicken Fried Fan Club.

I know this questio wasn't posed to me, but IMO no it cannot be the same truck, the gas cap cover is not noticeable like in thenleft turn lane pic.

Regarding the post about him having to turn left bc he was in left turn lane, it is possible (especially at this time of night) that he could have changed his mind about going left and just pulled back to the right A's he went forward to continue straight on that road instead.

Exactly. The Uni truck does not have a gas cap that stands out and we have no of knowing whether St Landrey truck turned or went straight.

Her phone was most likely on when she left Brettly's house, so couldn't they have pinged/tracked it all the way until she disappeared (assuming that's when her phone was cut off)?
Sorry to keep wondering about the phone. I'm just trying to understand why they couldn't track it even though it wasnt a smart phone.

By the time they realized she was missing, her phone was already off. So they couldn't ping it.

Her phone was most likely on when she left Brettly's house, so couldn't they have pinged/tracked it all the way until she disappeared (assuming that's when her phone was cut off)?
Sorry to keep wondering about the phone. I'm just trying to understand why they couldn't track it even though it wasnt a smart phone.

This also makes me think, (and this is just my opinion), that this was planned by someone she knew somewhat. Not very well. They knew she didn't have a smartphone so they knew she eoukd not be able to get tracked (also the fact that he/she knew to cut her phone off right away) and also how they knew where to abduct her without getting caught on camera. I believe that ditching her bike where they did was to throw everyone off.

Non-smartphones arent constantly transmitting data and signals to towers like smart phones do. They basically only do when receiving/sending a call, text message or whatever or if pinged. Thats why those are a **** to trace....and why someone doesnt have a smart phone in 2012 is beyond me *shrugs*

Me neither! Seems that might work with a smaller phone. But a smartphone, I can't imagine.

Now, that IS a common place for women to store their money. I have gotten wads of sweaty cash handed to me when I waited tables, straight out of their shirts.

Go to a bar/restaurant with a pool table. Can't miss the Cleavage Phone.

You may not have been here, but there was LONG LONG drawn out discussion about the three white trucks several days ago. There were definite factions with different opinions. Much was made about whether the two white trucks on St. Landry were the same truck or different trucks. Much was made about what the heck the official police line was. While the discussion did come to a close, I know that not everybody was satisfied. I think many found it exhausting and did not want to return. This new news about them being the same truck will force a revisit. And it won't be welcomed by everyone.

There were some, btw, who claimed they could see a figure sitting on the back of the truck facing University. Others claimed it was glare. No consensus on that either.

Yes, I was here for all of that. People were 'seeing' lots of things, lol!

Me neither! Seems that might work with a smaller phone. But a smartphone, I can't imagine.

Now, that IS a common place for women to store their money. I have gotten wads of sweaty cash handed to me when I waited tables, straight out of their shirts.

Soooo... I've been copping a cheap feel every time I fork over a fiver to buy a burger?

WHO KNEW!

No wonder I like the smell of money.

:innocent:

The officer on the phone told me that truck is the one that's been eliminated. I can only repeat what he told me. When they said that they eliminated the 'older model truck with the bed cover", that truck looks older, to me. AGian, though, it's about what the officer said. Maybe he's mistaken. I have no way of knowing. All I know is that the pics by Circle K look the same to me.

That picture of the older model truck with the bed cover also has something that the other truck doesn't. I don't know what it is called but it has a body part by the back glass that resembles the shape of what the Avalanche, Escalade, or the Honda ridgeline has. Do you know what this is called?

Mine's always in my pocket. ETA: But she had skinny jeans on.... does that make a difference?

Yes, it would slide up and out of the pocket as you pedal. I have a small bag that I put mine in. It velcros on to the frame of my bike.

LA

Non-smartphones arent constantly transmitting data and signals to towers like smart phones do. They basically only do when receiving/sending a call, text message or whatever or if pinged. Thats why those are a **** to trace....and why someone doesnt have a smart phone in 2012 is beyond me *shrugs*

But ACI, she recieved a call and a text, it would or should have pinged then. So, where was her location at that point?

And it looks like the discussion hasn't quite ended.

If all three could possibly be the same vehicle, my brain is going to start leaking out of my tear ducts.

Dunno if you saw this:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8000720#post8000720"]LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19 - Page 8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

By the time they realized she was missing, her phone was already off. So they couldn't ping it.

They can retroactively look at that data, can't they? I think they did that in the Kyron Horman case.

And theyre not lying either. I attempted to ping her phone very early in the investigation. No dice. Came back as a fail. So just in case there were any doubts...there ya' go ;)

Exactly. The Uni truck does not have a gas cap that stands out and we have no of knowing whether St Landrey truck turned or went straight.

You're right, we don't but hopefully LE does ie the truck, if it turned left, was caught on the same university cam that the hoopty was and they're just not releasing it. However, I am not sure why they wouldn't release more pics if they had them and really did need the publics help in locating it. The more info the better IMO

That's why I don't have a "smart" phone. I don't like my phone talking behind my back.

While you're here, you're gonna be mad, but my hands are really having problems and I'd rather not look.

Quick question... The camera at 216 St. Landry... the former law-office - 1-story building that caught the Olds. I know you said this..... did yo find if it was continuous record or time-lapse???

Thanks so much... working on a camera map. In fact, if it's not too much trouble, could you also verify the same info for the Mickey/CircleK cam in front of 705, and the two cams pointing west in the LCG lot?

:please:

But ACI, she recieved a call and a text, it would or should have pinged then. So, where was her location at that point?

No idea. I believe they said her phone was last texted at 1:30-something. Which would put her still at BW's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth