LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, we don't have a crime scene. At all.

Just to reinforce this: keep in mind what we know is that she was there and then she wasn't (EDIT: and her damaged bike was found in the water). While it's unlikely that she flew the coop herself, we don't know any of the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. And even if it was a crime, we don't know when or where it took place and what the nature of the crime might have been.

Mod Note: Here's a reminder to everyone that there are NO VERIFIED POSTERS in Mickey Shunick's case.

Very! It's a totally different truck - and no obvious gas cap, either.

I can't make out the door handles either. I am wondering if they are the same color as the truck.

With all due respect, we don't have a crime scene. At all.

No we don't, but we do know where she was last seen, which was what I was referring to. If she had indeed escaped the area past the Coliseum, she would have been safe trust me. I am usually out late and live in the area. There are plenty of cops and witnesses that would be on Johnston or Congress. Assuming she didn't make it out of the St. street area seems to be the consensus due to where LE has been searching in relation to her route.

So not crime scene, rather last known area.

What is the relationship between AS (the texter) and BW? Do we know?

@JurysOut: That's an idea I hadn't even considered. Is it possible she was abducted later in the night? Probably unlikely, but possible.

Anything is possible. It's possible she made it home, then left again.

Thanks for the hard work and welcoming attitudes, all. I'm done for the night. Keep chipping away.

All the more reason to be skeptical of the rumors about him.

The angle I'm coming from is this: I'd love for this to be over. I'd love for it to be McGee. But my emotional reserves are running low. I gotta start being choosier about which theories I invest myself in. And the McGee one has nothing concrete underneath it.

I agree. It sounded great when the rumors started. I think many of us were on the edge of our seat. Something was going to happen. The case was broken. Then.....nothing. The rumors obviously had some truth. He was picked up.

I guess the pepper spray she was reported carrying didn't work. Very sad.

I guess the pepper spray she was reported carrying didn't work. Very sad.

Good morning, and welcome.

It's my belief that pepper spray is useless without the necessary frame of mind. That frame of mind doesn't come natural, especially to women, but from conversations I have had with several, many believe they will do what they have to if the occasion arises. Without training, I don't believe they will.

I think I'll hit the hay as well. I find myself wondering if she did take Brashear because she wasn't seen on the camera at 216 Landry. If she did, then she had to have a reason to do so, because it wouldn't have been her normal route per the security guard at the old hospital. There are all kinds of homes down that way, and actually any of the other streets that she may have taken after Brashear had homes. This is so frustrating to me, I want to scream, I want to look at Mickey's picture of her on the bike at Circle K and just concentrate on it, in hopes that she turns my way and tells me something. I'm so so tired.

Or, more pointedly, in/on his car. One rumor going around the other day was that his car had recent damage to it. Just a rumor, though.

IF he's involved--and that's a hypothetical scenario with no evidence supporting it--you wouldn't necessarily need a body to pin this on him.

But keep in mind all we know officially about McGee is that he was questioned. There is no reason, as of now, to assume any involvement on his part. He owns a white truck. He has been involved in a car accident before. He is the subject of a lot of rumors. Put together, those things don't amount to much.

It has not been said or confirmed that he owns a white truck.

Yeah, but would they lie to the public? That's a direct lie, you know if they have footage of her on 216 camera and released the Olds shot and said they had nothing past Circle K. Are they allowed to directly lie to the public like that?

Oh, yes. Police lie all the time. Sometimes for good reasons and sometimes not.

It has not been said or confirmed that he owns a white truck.

Rumor: A poster who knows him said he owns a Z-71, but it is an extended cab, not 4-door. She said he sold it to his mom, but he does live at home. So he could still be driving it.

I don't follow that reasoning. Guys that drive Z-71's and get drunk and kill people in accidents tend to know each other? Wouldn't that be an extraordinary coincidence?

Uh, hold up there. LPD was asked what kind of vehicle he has and they said THEY DON'T KNOW. Of course, that cannot be true so they just aren't saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3