LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:tyou: saint_streets!

Your photos are very educational.

LCG = is the City Hall --- I didn't know.

I am struck by the poor condition of the roads and sidewalks (no offense LA!). I would have a difficult time riding my bike on those rough surfaces in the daytime, never mind the dark of night.

I have a hard time pushing our jogging stroller! My son is like "Whoa!" going over all the bumps.

I really think you are misunderstanding this whole thing. No one is chastising TES, no one ever said anything negative about them here at WS (at least not that I can recall), especially not me! You should go back and read the posts before, I was only answering a question.

Agreed. Seems something was mis-read. There WAS a comment about the LPD scaling back because they're using public funds and the public doesn't want them to quit so soon.

I got the impression that the comment about TES going to Meridian because a girl was missing implied that there is a new missing person not that far from Lafayette. That perhaps that case was tied to MS.

I am for one very very grateful that TES came and helped out Lafayette. My only disappointment with them leaving is that it means there are no new leads right now. But I understand they are needed elsewhere and I hope they help out the next family.

I posted a while back that TES brought with them to the search greater expertise, organization, and a renewed sense of HOPE. Those are things they are also leaving behind.

Thank you TES and God Bless You, Tim Miller.

Sorry, your post was construed to mean something other than you possibly intended...TES moving to a "different girl", etc..

It touched a few raw nerves...I have the utmost respect for Tim Miller and TES, and I would hope that Lafayette does, after their extensive work there for Mickeyl.

Apologies.

According the Find Mickey Now Facebook page: "Catch Judge Jeanine Pirro talking about the Mickey Shunick case tonight at 8pm on Fox News"

I got the impression that the comment about TES going to Meridian because a girl was missing implied that there is a new missing person not that far from Lafayette. That perhaps that case was tied to MS.

Certainly was not implying that at all. I know nothing about the case TES is going to next other than they said it was a girl, in Meridian, and since she just recently went missing they was a good chance they could find her alive.

Anyone notice KATC had not mentioned WT today?

Also, rumor has it (my husband saw the commercial, not me, so don't quote me ;) ) Fox News at 8pm Judge Piro will be discussing MS case.

Sorry, your post was construed to mean something other than you possibly intended...TES moving to a "different girl", etc..

It touched a few raw nerves...I have the utmost respect for Tim Miller and TES, and I would hope that Lafayette does, after their extensive work there for Mickeyl.

Apologies.

No worries. I realize, without quoting the previous post, it may have not been understood to someone who hadn't seen those posts. I should definitely have quoted. I edited to clarify. I think MOST of Acadiana is extremely grateful for TES. There were some "rude" comments on FB when it was announced they were leaving, but likely by people who knew nothing about anything and hadn't gotten off their rear end and done a single thing to BRING MICKEY HOME.

Apologies.

The discussion today centered around whether TES would be looking for Linda Reed or someone else: ie "a different girl". I have seen nothing but positive comments for TES here on WS from the residents of LA. Last night, one person asked if TES was leaving due to money, and was immediately and resoundingly corrected on that point.
:seeya:

As a fellow searcher, I was taken aback to see Tim Miller and the shrill determination he provides for families in need, especially the Shunick family. Without TES, the search attempts would not be nearly as effective as they are now. I simply can't sum up into words how great of a man Tim Miller is and how invaluable their (TES) efforts were in FINDING MICKEY.
Thank You.

i just wanted to repost the america's most wanted link to youtube, the link the previous poster did not work for me

I noticed on that youtube video they showed Ryan and Parkside. So, I wonder what made her change her mind about not following Parkside to University and instead chose Versailles? Could it be that the lighting would have been better?

As a fellow searcher, I was taken aback to see Tim Miller and the shrill determination he provides for families in need, especially the Shunick family. Without TES, the search attempts would not be nearly as effective as they are now. I simply can't sum up into words how great of a man Tim Miller is and how invaluable their (TES) efforts were in FINDING MICKEY.
Thank You.

Absolutely, he's the best.

I noticed on that youtube video they showed Ryan and Parkside. So, I wonder what made her change her mind about not following Parkside to University and instead chose Versailles? Could it be that the lighting would have been better?

Not sure, but the bike route on google maps also directs one to Versailles instead of Parkside.

Took me 2 days to read through enough to comment without repeating someone else :what: but gonna have to go now as 1am. Praying that when I log back on tomorrow, I see some good news :please: take care everyone :newhere:

Hopefully this is allowed. Just wanted to show the non-locals, I guess most of you have seen Blackham Colisiem from the maps/pics of Mickey's route--this is the current search headquarters. Yesterday on my way out, I wanted to snap a pic of the red solo cups in the front fence. I had to stand in the teeny tiny bike lane on Johnston Street to get the pic, and waiting for a lull b/t cars! I didn't get the little girls on the side, they were standing near the road, holding posters and flyers up in the air, wearing Mickey shirts.

6095ab0cac1d11e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

Please let me know if I blew the margins. I have a super widescreen so no one has EVER blown my margins!

eta: And if you look closely, you might even spot some WT's in the background!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne