LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, most from the area have heard a girl went missing over there, but if the LPD haven't found the owner of the WT, then I would hope they would ask the news over here to get the word out. It is very possible the owner could be from BR or even NO.

How coverage of this case has there been in the Baton Rouge and New Orleans area?

Considering there are so many WT's of that type in the area, you'd think they saw the license plate! That would be the only absolute way to know it was the same truck!

That would be the only way to know for certain. They are making an assumption that they are the same truck unless they have something we don't know about.

I am not trying to be offensive, but I officially call the LPD's media folks illiterate. They do not know how to convey info in written sentences. Wonder if they are any better in spoken language.

cajun is hard to translate into written word. :)

You would think if they knew it was the same truck and this angle proved it concisely that "white Chevy Z71 without tailgate" would have been the description LE released, but I guess I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and certainly wouldn't be the last.

Well, on the face of it I would agree...

...but, the "without tailgate" part could be easily changed by the perp, assuming his had simply been removed, rather than stolen.

right! and if I made the observance of the tailgate, I'm sure a professional has!

Anyone know why the FBI became involved so quickly (usually they take awhile to get them involved it seems)?

They must have suspected kidnapping, early, and that's a federal crime.

I made this nifty little page with my thoughts on the white truck fiasco using the information for LPD's press releases. I omited the old car as it is not a factor in the truck debate.

I know some of you don't agree that it's two different trucks, but from what LE is telling us, they are.

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    134.2 KB · Views: 103
How coverage of this case has there been in the Baton Rouge and New Orleans area?

I first heard about this case via Facebook. News here was covering it nightly when it first broke but has tapered off now. Oh I'm in BR btw - not sure about NOLA.

Heavy at first but not much since the bike - small blurbs here and there. I'm speaking about BR news - spent a few nights in NOLA and didn't see anything on their news during that time, only watched late evenings. When we've been in Lafayette over the past two weeks - its all you hear about anywhere you go. Heading back to Laffy tomorrow actually to help however we can and figure out how we can spread the word better over here.

You would think if they knew it was the same truck and this angle proved it concisely that "white Chevy Z71 without tailgate" would have been the description LE released, but I guess I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and certainly wouldn't be the last.

But it's not confirmed that the tailgate is missing. That photo is severely distorted.

ok. I've been hesitant to do this, but this picture, rm previous actions, and the confirmation that rm was spoken to by le, i'm inclined to share this. I think someone mentioned it a while back. Maybe you all have seen it. First off, i've always thought that the truck you see on st. Landry, each direction, is the same truck, and the one with a bedcover on university is a separate truck. This picture is of one of the passengers in rm's truck from the wreck/ hit and run he was previously in. (v.s.) he has this as "public", so that's the only reason i am sharing this. My heart sunk when i came across it. It looks like this guy's truck may be in the driveway behind him, but the truck directly behind him is the one i'm talking about. I'm sure all of these guys work together and know each other.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...626176042.8451.100001813160573&type=3&theater
ooooommmmmggggg!!!!!

i know this wasn't meant for me. i dont know about br and no, but shreveport stations were beginning their newscasts with MS last weekend and they have some fliers up there.

Since there are cameras at the Whiskey Bay area.....I wonder if they were able to capture a picture of the truck with the bike in the bed before it was dumped. This may be why they are confident that the bike was dumped the same night she went missing....and that it was dropped of from the exit and not from a boat....jmo

I heard Jane Valez Mitchell say that those cams don't capture and save anything. All they are is live/real time cams to monitor traffic and accidents. Dunno if that's accurate but that's what she said.

I made this nifty little page with my thoughts on the white truck fiasco using the information for LPD's press releases. I omited the old car as it is not a factor in the truck debate.

I know some of you don't agree that it's two different trucks, but from what LE is telling us, they are.

Thank you, that is exactly how I read it.

If they have updated info, they need to relase it to the public (if they really want our help with id'ing the truck).

Thanks a bunch, Artis. Although, no offense to you, I'm still less than 100% about both pics being of the same truck unless confirmed by a law enforcement official directly involved in the investigation. It is crucial to know, if only for the nonwhite gas tank cover. That's one of the few specific identifying details that can be gleaned from either of the two pics.

I think what truly convinced me that both pics are of the same truck is that both CS (Mickey's sister) and BW (Mickey's friend) posted on facebook that AMW was going to cover the case last night. I would think that since they are so passionate about the right information being released to the public, that one of them (or any of their friends on fb for that matter) would have commented that the wrong truck was featured. Especially, since BW posted the youtube video of the AMW coverage after it aired...

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this thread. I've read the case overview and a couple posts. Here is my initial impression and theory on what might have happened. This McGee, who has a hit and run felony rap pending (is that correct?)...what's his current status? How is he tied to that white truck? This is a stretch, but might oddly make alot of sense. What if that victim from a couple years ago turned in to McGee's car because he was trying to AVOID him? Meaning McGee was playing some sick cat and mouse game and kept going at him no matter which way the guy turned to avoid him? What if he was after Mickey in the same manner? Her back tire had damage. In my theory he might have hit her (accidentally or intentionally) while playing his sick cat and mouse game...and then disposed of her and her bike in the river. Or her bike in the river, and her elsewhere. That's what rings probable for me at the moment. Again, this is just my opinion. No facts to base this on other than cobbling together information. Of course, this could be complete poppycock as well.

The accident that McGee was involved in 2 years ago happened a mile down the road from my house. From my understanding, the other vehicle backed out into oncoming traffic. McGee is in trouble because he was drinking and fled the scene of the accident. It is also my understanding that McGee was traveling at a high rate of speed and that he did not have a license. Hope this helps.

ATTENTION - IMPORTANT

I got so sick of this debate about the white truck that I just called Lafayette PD. The white truck on St Landry, GOING IN BOTH DIRECTIONS IS THE SAME TRUCK. The truck on W University is the one that was eliminated.

The press release was poorly worded <modsnip>! Both pics on St Landrey are the same!

I informed them about the Facebook pic. Could be a coincidence but maybe not. At least they know, now, and can check it out.

So does or doesn't the truck remaining in question have a chrome gas cap cover thingy? That would narrow down the white Z71 pool significantly. It is a Z71, right?

They must have suspected kidnapping, early, and that's a federal crime.

Not necessarily. If the abductor crossed state lines with Mickey, then yes, it would be a federal crime.

Now though they are telling people by phone that it is the same truck - even if this is still what they have in print online and in the papers here. Ive never seen a Z71 that didnt have those huge decals on both sides of the truck bed...that's the one major identifier of a Z71...the big icon on both sides of the truck either over the wheel or closer to the tailgate. Not that they don't exist - I just haven't seen one like that before.

My daughter lives in Baton Rouge and goes to LSU. She found out about it through facebook and has been trying to get info from the local station but there is never anything on MS.

The accident that McGee was involved in 2 years ago happened a mile down the road from my house. From my understanding, the other vehicle backed out into oncoming traffic. McGee is in trouble because he was drinking and fled the scene of the accident. It is also my understanding that McGee was traveling at a high rate of speed and that he did not have a license. Hope this helps.

Hmmmm... I wonder if the victim pulled out giving himself enough time to clear any vehicles that were going the speed limit. Do you know how much over the limit McGee was traveling? If he was really flying, I can see that he would still be the driver at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg