LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in 1st thread after seeing the first interview with BW I mentioned there were no tears. Here's the interview again:
http://www.katc.com/videos/search-is-on-for-missing-woman-10pm/

Now, almost all the cases I follow have some kind of event that's a bit out of the regular routine to things and precedes the crime.. So if BW is involved, was there a fight, did she want to no longer be involved with him... So far, haven't heard of anything taking place...

Then again, and as was mentioned, his mentioning she checked her tires falls into the category of "distancing oneself from a crime you know happened"... too much info and its like trying to say it happened while she was riding...

But all this said, still don't figure he's involved...

There was a case long ago on one the islands in Hawaii where a young gal was struck by two thugs while she was riding her bike home during the day...

In order to take a gal riding her bike, and also take her bike, it seems two or more thugs have to be involved since one has to keep the victim subdued while the other gets her bike...

The thugs in the Hawaiian case did not take the victims bike, and IIRC paint from her bike on their vehicle helped solve the case.

So I would think the thugs in MS case are experienced enough to know to take her bike. Most likely would have a vehicle in which it would be easy to get a bike into...

But something bothers me about MS case being as just mentioned... the gal in Hawaii was riding on a long empty road, giving thugs time to pass her by, turn around an then run into her while she had no place to escape to...

Different scene for MS - she has more chances of escape and getting attention...
So I wonder if anyone living near BW knew she would often ride along when leaving his place... and they followed her..
Seems more likely some knew a bit about MS riding her bike and was able to prepare for it...
Okay... that's it from me...

Even with a major hit and run trial happening around my area, google Corasanti, I omitted this thought. Shame on me!

Regardless of how this eventually unfolds, I think we can all comfortably agree a "car" was probably involved. Hit and run, Abduction, crime committed disposal. This car(s) would of then had to be "cleaned/fixed". And to "clean/fix" you need tools or supplies. I would start pulling tapes from area Walmarts, Home Depots, Lowes. Any place you could get paper towels, bleach, suitcase, garbage bags, totes, etc. In the case of a hit and run, I would check with all the surrounding automotive repair shops. I would also canvas the area Car Wash establishments to see if they have video surveillance in place (which I would do in all abduction/missing/murdered cases). Car had to be cleaned somewhere? Does BW dwelling have an open or closed garage/parking? No indoor parking, would make it extremely risky to clean outside. Car wash would be a more practical alternative, especially the "self-sevice" variety. I fear the "self-service" stations compared to the franchise car wash establishments, would have little to no video surveillance employed.

I copied this from the first page of this thread.

This article says several neighbours saw suspicious activity and called to report it. Does anyone know what suspicious activity?
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/se...ickey-shunick/
While the search party was ongoing Sunday, several neighbors did file police reports with Lafayette Police, saying they did see suspicious activity in the area.

I don't think we know. LE certainly haven't come forward with anything regarding this case.

With the lack of evidence or leads, I would be focusing all my time on conducting surveillance on BW and see where that takes me in the next few weeks. But sadly, working on this case independently I dont have the resources/funds to conduct such an extensive investigation so I'm limited in how much I can actually contribute. Buta continued search and extensive surveillance on BW is what should be done IMO

I would bet my last penny LE is focusing on BW but at the same time looking at other possibilities.

:moo:

Possible a DUI hit her and caused mortal injury, took her and bike and have hidden evidence? DUI in Louisiana is ridiculous and the law all but gives them a pass to continue to be DUI! Sickening!

Strange thing, no bike parts or anything of hers found along route...
At this point I'm 40/60 something happened to her before she left, or something happened on route done by experience two or more thugs who scooped up everything.

Great incite as I was wondering what kind of car he drives and if he could fit the bike in the back seat. Which I have done several times. I loved the "could of dropped the bike off the next day" thought. Especially with her being so nauseous and tired. But I would suppose this is more of a "Boyfriendly" type of move (there is no way you are riding your bike in this condition, I'm driving you home), not a "Platonically" type of move (Ehh Whatever).

BW made the comment that MS never stayed at anyone's house. Is this true, or maybe she felt uncomfortable staying at his house? Was Taco Bell the only place open to get something to eat...Denny's, HoJo's, etc not close to ride the bike to after they left the bar? Were the others on bikes as well or did they have autos? Taco Bell is the only reason they had to go back to his house to get his car. Otherwise, she could have grabbed something while out and just left from there to bike home.

After our experience with 'The Baton Rouge Serial Killer', none of my children would be on a bike at that time of night, not if I could have anything to do with it! BTW, my children are in their 40's.

My "boys" range in age from 40 to 20......the cyclists ride all over, in town and out of town, day or night! And they don't ask me first!

Mickey's family may not have been thrilled that Mickey rode her bike at night, but Mickey was an adult. They have said it wasn't unusual for her to do so.

*****I just found the reference to Mickey and BW's trip to Taco Bell being confirmed.....it was on a friend's FB. No MSM reference.*****

Did flogthegirl really write the “Fine Taste of Destruction” test on OkCupid?
Choose tests here:
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/flogthegirl

(Yes, this might have been written when he was 15, but that makes it reeeally scary. Interest in fires and blowing up animals? Red flags. Gospodi pomilui!)

Giving 18 year olds a pass, what is a 15-17yr old doing on a dating website looking for older woman?? I get the feeling BW is socially awkward around the ladies. This with the fire interest and animal mutilation are def all "Red flags". IMO

Giving 18 year olds a pass, what is a 15-17yr old doing on a dating website looking for older woman?? I get the feeling BW is socially awkward around the ladies. This with the fire interest and animal mutilation are def all "Red flags". IMO

Yes this brings up huge red flags to me also!!!

I'm really surprised LE is not saying anything to the family. They are so in the dark about the investigation. Isn't that unusual?

Chris Reed said he spoke to LE and they're getting 15-20 leads per hour.

I watched Jane last night and thought that this BW was very strange acting. When they showed the clip of him crying in front of that house to the press I felt while watching that those were tears of "What did I do? I'm in alot of trouble tears!" My opinion of course!!! But just find him very strange acting. Maybe something did happen at the house when they got back there!??! Was he drinking? I know she wasn't but maybe he had a few and tried hitting(sexual) on her or something and she said no and he got very angry!! Maybe it was just an immediate outrage say strangle her or something. I don't know. I hate to accuse like this but something is just not right about this kid!! I do hope i'm wrong!

Peeps, please remember we only sleuth people who are named persons of interest in a case: that means you can discuss BW as to what is out there in the media including his interviews and you can state you opinion but other sleuthing is not okay...unless and until he is named a person of interest. Thanks so much

I watched Jane last night and thought that this BW was very strange acting. When they showed the clip of him crying in front of that house to the press I felt while watching that those were tears of "What did I do? I'm in alot of trouble tears!" My opinion of course!!! But just find him very strange acting. Maybe something did happen at the house when they got back there!??! Was he drinking? I know she wasn't but maybe he had a few and tried hitting(sexual) on her or something and she said no and he got very angry!! Maybe it was just an immediate outrage say strangle her or something. I don't know. I hate to accuse like this but something is just not right about this kid!! I do hope i'm wrong!

He had no tears. IMO

I'd like to know what article that is, because my SIL also told me that it's NOT uncommon for Mickey to bike at that time. And why put "friends" in quotes?

Will look in earnest for it now. Most positive that is what I read. And instead of "friends" substitute "those that have spoken out about her bicycling habits".

Strange thing, no bike parts or anything of hers found along route...
At this point I'm 40/60 something happened to her before she left, or something happened on route done by experience two or more thugs who scooped up everything.

I'm with you.:fence:

Will look in earnest for it now. Most positive that is what I read. And instead of "friends" substitute "those that have spoken out about her bicycling habits".

Its already been posted
Look up the thread or previous page

One report says her parents say she cycles all the time and there is nothing odd about her biking at night
Another report states her sister said she would not ride alone late

I'd like to know what article that is, because my SIL also told me that it's NOT uncommon for Mickey to bike at that time. And why put "friends" in quotes?

Found it. Just saying it contradicts whats known.

http://gma.yahoo.com/mickey-shunick-disappearance-searchers-bike-route-where-missing-083453291--abc-news-topstories.html

"Shunick's older sister says she never would have left on her own, and that Saturday was her brother's graduation. Monday was Mickey's own 22nd birthday, and the two had big plans. "

I have been following and keeping up to date and haven't seen this quote by Charlene. I would be very interested to read if you do find it.

Charlene was visiting from out of state, Dallas I believe. The contradiction is interesting.
JMO

I would also find it extremely difficult to know her daily routines well while observing from Texas. But who knows, maybe they called each other everyday, if not, it could be a "what I would normally do" statement instead of anything based on reality. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peleona