LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know...I'm just realizing that we're talking about 2 different cameras. Is this the one you're talking about? http://www.lafayettela.gov/trafficcameras/University_TrafficCameras.aspx

I think this cam is set North of I-10 (facing South). Not sure, but it looks that way. If that's the case, the perp would be turning onto the interstate on the other side of what is seen here.

The cameras I was referring to previously must be separate, because they are not listed on this site. Unless..they may have been pulled because there was a lot of controversy over the legality of them.

Yes...........

Keeper's Wish For The Day.....

....a look at every vehicle that pulled down into the WB area,beginning with the day she disappeared to the time her bike was found. I realize that the camera there is quite a ways away..and you cant really see much at night,BUT you can certainly take this info and eliminate some of the "visiting" vehicles...creating a pretty good time frame.
We keep looking for the perp...AKA: The White Truck. I can totally understand.
BUT...we KNOW the perp was at WB. Thats a fact Jack!!!
He/she was THERE!!! That is the only place,with cameras,that we can be certain he was at.
LE must be looking into these videos..they MUST be..right? Someone tell me Im right,damnit!!! :banghead:

http://hb.511la.org/multicamera.jsp...9189&view2name=I-10@ Whiskey Bay (facing West)

ive been wondering this since the day the bike came out. the i10 cams would show maybe the white truck. if not that then maybe a truck with a bike, if not that then our perp in another vehicle. if the perp in another vehicle then not as helpful, but still i thought it should be looked into.

anyway, i was later told that the i10 cams dont record and are there for live traffic views only?

Given all of the statements people have made about Mickey being a regular on the route she took late at night, she probably wasn't interested in getting a ride. We know that she had her own car, but we don't know if that car had a bike rack, or could even carry a bike. Picking up her bike the next day might not have been a simple process.

Whatever the situation, I think Brettly Wilson has enough problems right now without people beating him up over woulda/coulda/shoulda issues.

I will say that none of my friends who ride bikes regularly have ever accepted an offer of a ride/cab home. They arrived on their bikes and they leave on their bikes, regardless of the time and despite any offers of alternate transportation. And while I live in New Orleans and not Lafayette, I don't think the practice is that unusual. I live on a quiet block, but on Friday night, sitting out on the porch, I saw at least 15 people on bikes pass by in the span of less than two hours. There were probably more bikes than cars. I'd certainly rather see that than people driving after drinking.

Thanks for clearing that up. Makes sense. Not beating up on BW, Mickey is priority now.

Got it. It is live, this isn't feed from the night Mickey went missing? There is a WT that appears to be parked up ahead on the right. What should we be looking for?

If you look at the street view and walk down university northward a bit you can see where the white truck we're seeing in the live feed would be parked.

Street view: 705 west university, lafayette la. You'll be able to see the sign for Louisiana Video in that strip of shops.

Does Charlie ride her bike everywhere like Mickey?

That's a good question. I don't know the answer, though. If not, then it's even more unlikely that this is a premeditated attack on Charlie gone wrong.

Again, my opinion is that scenario doesn't hold much water, regardless of whether Charlie bikes or not. Too many conditions would have to be met:

- This is someone who was serious enough not just to scare Charlie, but kill her
- This is someone who is not sufficiently affected by guilt to turn himself/herself in after realizing the mistake (i.e., a psychopath)
- This is someone who has the ability to plan out disposal of the evidence and knows how to hide

If this was an attack on Charlie and everything that has transpired has been done despite the fact that the target was wrong, then we're not dealing with just any old angry ex-boyfriend it seems to me. We're dealing with someone who is a cold-blooded killer and someone who Charlie wouldn't, in retrospect, identify as a complete psychopath, so much so that Charlie would casually mention the whole lot of her ex-boyfriends in conversation without a second thought.

EDIT: and people are saying she lives in Dallas. Even more reason to dismiss the theory that this was an attack intended for Charlie and erroneously carried out on Mickey.

Got it. It is live, this isn't feed from the night Mickey went missing? There is a WT that appears to be parked up ahead on the right. What should we be looking for?

Real time. See the white truck? It is obscurred behind the walkway posts, so difficult to ID.

Someone needs to go scope out that parked white truck!

That's a good question. I don't know the answer, though. If not, then it's even more unlikely that this is a premeditated attack on Charlie gone wrong.

Again, my opinion is that scenario doesn't hold much water, regardless of whether Charlie bikes or not. Too many conditions would have to be met:

- This is someone who was serious enough not just to scare Charlie, but kill her
- This is someone who is not sufficiently affected by guilt to turn himself/herself in after realizing the mistake (i.e., a psychopath)
- This is someone who has the ability to plan out disposal of the evidence and knows how to hide

If this was an attack on Charlie and everything that has transpired has been done despite the fact that the target was wrong, then we're not dealing with just any old angry ex-boyfriend it seems to me. We're dealing with someone who is a cold-blooded killer and someone who Charlie wouldn't, in retrospect, identify as a complete psychopath, so much so that Charlie would casually mention the whole lot of her ex-boyfriends in conversation without a second thought.

true. if an ex boyfriend is obsessed enough to kill you, then im sure hed know u lived in dallas and not lafayette and hed probably know EXACTLY what you looked like.

And Sean Gillis before him. And who knows which other killers left victims there who were never found.

I'm late with this, but I was going to say the same thing. It is an awful place to have anything found. It symbolizes a violent history of local serial killers that tormented this area for years. I, for one, am hoping the bike was dumped there out of convenience and not for other more calculated reasons.

Look above. Someone found a link to a live feed of the video camera that captured "Bed Cover" truck heading north on University. You will need Java to see it.

If you look at the feed, there is a white truck parked on the left just beyond the building in the foreground. A car just recently pulled up and and is now only barely visible. But it is still there.

I was just pointing out the white truck. I am not suggesting it is in any way connected to the crime.

Thanks. No java on the iPad. I'll check it out on the desktop.

I'm late with this, but I was going to say the same thing. It is an awful place to have anything found. It symbolizes a violent history of local serial killers that tormented this area for years. I, for one, am hoping the bike was dumped there out of convenience and not for other more calculated reasons.

Yes - hoping/thinking/praying it was meant as a distraction from Mickey's true location.

EDIT: and people are saying she lives in Dallas. Even more reason to dismiss the theory that this was an attack intended for Charlie and erroneously carried out on Mickey.

And that's why I asked if Charlie rode. At that time, someone would be stalking her.

If you look at the street view and walk down university northward a bit you can see where the white truck we're seeing in the live feed would be parked.

Street view: 705 west university, lafayette la. You'll be able to see the sign for Louisiana Video in that strip of shops.

Using street view. If you look at the parking spots on the right of the video building, there is a white truck parked among other vehicles. You can't see the cab very well, as there is a car parked in front of it. The tailgate is DOWN and there is something brown laying in the bed.

Go take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member