Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, she is a runaway, so no relation.. Thought I had found something

Keeper's Wish For The Day.....

....a look at every vehicle that pulled down into the WB area,beginning with the day she disappeared to the time her bike was found. I realize that the camera there is quite a ways away..and you cant really see much at night,BUT you can certainly take this info and eliminate some of the "visiting" vehicles...creating a pretty good time frame.
We keep looking for the perp...AKA: The White Truck. I can totally understand.
BUT...we KNOW the perp was at WB. Thats a fact Jack!!!
He/she was THERE!!! That is the only place,with cameras,that we can be certain he was at.
LE must be looking into these videos..they MUST be..right? Someone tell me Im right,damnit!!! :banghead:

http://hb.511la.org/multicamera.jsp...9189&view2name=I-10@ Whiskey Bay (facing West)

Hopefully you are right. However..

Please correct me if I'm wrong - isn't it possible to get to that spot via another route? Back roads?

Me too. I stepped out to take care of some real life stuff for a couple of hours and every time I come back it's like walking into a fan blade. =0

Look above. Someone found a link to a live feed of the video camera that captured "Bed Cover" truck heading north on University. You will need Java to see it.

If you look at the feed, there is a white truck parked on the left just beyond the building in the foreground. A car just recently pulled up and and is now only barely visible. But it is still there.

I was just pointing out the white truck. I am not suggesting it is in any way connected to the crime.

Hopefully you are right. However..

Please correct me if I'm wrong - isn't it possible to get to that spot via another route? Back roads?

Does the camera point exactly at the spot? Forgive my ignorance. Trying to catch up to y'all.

yeah that would film anyone getting onto I-10 east (towards whiskey bay)

There are other ways to get to Breaux Bridge. I have not lived in Lafayette for a LONG while so refresh my memory.

If you turn at four corners/Cameron St, can you get to Breaux Bridge eventually? -- and from there WB?

LA

I have two different thoughts here.

One is, if she was run over, or attacked, or wrecked on her own and some small pieces on her bike came off, is it possible that a street sweeper came by and picked up the pieces later that night?

Another thing, I read the article in the Advertiser today and something Charlie said stuck in my mind. "Could it be someone I know and dated since we look so similar?"

Makes me wonder if Charlie has any crazy ex boyfriends or enemies that would want to cause harm to her.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120603/NEWS01/206030341/Mickey-Shunick-search-You-just-got-hope-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Re: street sweeping, good thought but it'd be highly coincidental if the street sweepers went through that morning. I've looked at several websites, and the norm seems to be that street sweepers run once a month. Can't find stats for Lafayette specifically, but here's their official website about the street sweeping services: http://www.lafayettela.gov/publicworks/dpt524.asp

I'd bet they'd answer the question if called.

Re: Charlie's comment, "since we look so similar" suggests to me that she's wondering if a mistake was made, like someone went after Mickey thinking it was Charlie. A feeling of guilt in someone associated with a terrible event, but who wasn't the victim, is common. Once you play that scenario out, though, it doesn't make a lot of sense. If you're the perpetrator, and you think you see Charlie, and you attack, eventually you're going to figure out it was Mickey. Then what do you do? I guess you could hide, but if your intentions really weren't to go after Mickey, I don't think you'd go to all this trouble. I just don't buy the idea that this is an intentional attack, but on the wrong target. Just my opinion, of course.

hU7Ti.png

1 out of 10 automobiles seem to be a white truck on that cam.

I have two different thoughts here.

One is, if she was run over, or attacked, or wrecked on her own and some small pieces on her bike came off, is it possible that a street sweeper came by and picked up the pieces later that night?

Another thing, I read the article in the Advertiser today and something Charlie said stuck in my mind. "Could it be someone I know and dated since we look so similar?"

Makes me wonder if Charlie has any crazy ex boyfriends or enemies that would want to cause harm to her.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120603/NEWS01/206030341/Mickey-Shunick-search-You-just-got-hope-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

very interesting angle. im settled and married now, but thinking back on all my exes, there's only 2 that i would consider if my lil sis vanished (we look alike and are confused at first glance alot too). they didnt do anything criminal to my knowledge, but there was something off about them, ya know. seems like charlie wouldnt even say such a thing unless she thought any of her exes seemed nutty enough.

Wow lol. Well, then my comment stands, LE could see if the same white truck they are asking the public to identify got onto I 10, wonder if they already know.

Not necessarily - from what I understand, red light cams do not record continuously, they only start recording once a violation has occured (ie someone enters the intersections after light has turned red and/or the vehicle does not stop completely before turning right on red). If the perp is a local with knowledge of this cam, either he avoided it entirely or made sure not to do anything at that intersection which would trigger the cam to record. Unless of course someone else was doing something to trigger the cam while he was at the intersection, but that's a one in a million chance ("so you're telling me there's a chance!!")

Hey Y'all. I just can't get away fom the idea that BW just couldn't drop her home once they left tacobell. Or get in his car and follow her if she insisted on riding her bike. It was so much closer to her home and she could have gotten her bike later that day. No accusations, and maybe he was advised by LE to limit what he said in television/newspaper interviews/questions. Sorry, but cell phone and mace could have been left behind leaving her defenseless.

WSleuthers are the new LE. :twocents:

Given all of the statements people have made about Mickey being a regular on the route she took late at night, she probably wasn't interested in getting a ride. We know that she had her own car, but we don't know if that car had a bike rack, or could even carry a bike. Picking up her bike the next day might not have been a simple process.

Whatever the situation, I think Brettly Wilson has enough problems right now without people beating him up over woulda/coulda/shoulda issues.

I will say that none of my friends who ride bikes regularly have ever accepted an offer of a ride/cab home. They arrived on their bikes and they leave on their bikes, regardless of the time and despite any offers of alternate transportation. And while I live in New Orleans and not Lafayette, I don't think the practice is that unusual. I live on a quiet block, but on Friday night, sitting out on the porch, I saw at least 15 people on bikes pass by in the span of less than two hours. There were probably more bikes than cars. I'd certainly rather see that than people driving after drinking.

very interesting angle. im settled and married now, but thinking back on all my exes, there's only 2 that i would consider if my lil sis vanished (we look alike and are confused at first glance alot too). they didnt do anything criminal to my knowledge, but there was something off about them, ya know. seems like charlie wouldnt even say such a thing unless she thought any of her exes seemed nutty enough.

That would be a devastating thought. Mickey killed by misidentification. I hope she does not cling to that idea. It would eat away at you if the true killer is not captured.

Wow lol. Well, then my comment stands, LE could see if the same white truck they are asking the public to identify got onto I 10, wonder if they already know.

You know...I'm just realizing that we're talking about 2 different cameras. Is this the one you're talking about? http://www.lafayettela.gov/trafficcameras/University_TrafficCameras.aspx

I think this cam is set North of I-10 (facing South). Not sure, but it looks that way. If that's the case, the perp would be turning onto the interstate on the other side of what is seen here.

The cameras I was referring to previously must be separate, because they are not listed on this site. Unless..they may have been pulled because there was a lot of controversy over the legality of them.

Good find. But she's a runaway so I don't think it would be related. Nice job though.

Prolly not A.C.I., but sadly many of these girls end up in very bad situations; human trafficking, etc.

A.C.I., I posted a question to you earlier on your theories of Mickey Schunick's disappearance. Don't know if you saw it or not, or if you wanted to share.

Re: street sweeping, good thought but it'd be highly coincidental if the street sweepers went through that morning. I've looked at several websites, and the norm seems to be that street sweepers run once a month. Can't find stats for Lafayette specifically, but here's their official website about the street sweeping services: http://www.lafayettela.gov/publicworks/dpt524.asp

I'd bet they'd answer the question if called.

Re: Charlie's comment, "since we look so similar" suggests to me that she's wondering if a mistake was made, like someone went after Mickey thinking it was Charlie. A feeling of guilt in someone associated with a terrible event, but who wasn't the victim, is common. Once you play that scenario out, though, it doesn't make a lot of sense. If you're the perpetrator, and you think you see Charlie, and you attack, eventually you're going to figure out it was Mickey. Then what do you do? I guess you could hide, but if your intentions really weren't to go after Mickey, I don't think you'd go to all this trouble. I just don't buy the idea that this is an intentional attack, but on the wrong target. Just my opinion, of course.

Does Charlie ride her bike everywhere like Mickey?

That would be a devastating thought. Mickey killed by misidentification. I hope she does not cling to that idea. It would eat away at you if the true killer is not captured.

I hope she doesn't cling to it either. It makes more sense that it's her guilt talking. I agree with justwannahelp that she probably wouldn't say that if it was a legit possibility being looked into.

Not necessarily - from what I understand, red light cams do not record continuously, they only start recording once a violation has occured (ie someone enters the intersections after light has turned red and/or the vehicle does not stop completely before turning right on red). If the perp is a local with knowledge of this cam, either he avoided it entirely or made sure not to do anything at that intersection which would trigger the cam to record. Unless of course someone else was doing something to trigger the cam while he was at the intersection, but that's a one in a million chance ("so you're telling me there's a chance!!")

That's a good point (and probability). Besides, the entrance for I-10 may not even be within camera shot. I would think going the back way to the thru-way would be a better choice anyway.

Does Charlie ride her bike everywhere like Mickey?

I don't know, but my understanding is that Charlie lives in Dallas now.

CHARLIE SHUNICK, SISTER OF MICKEY SHUNICK: Yes. They haven`t mentioned anything about it, but I live in Dallas, actually, so as soon as I heard about it happening I reached out. I have a lot of people in Texas doing a lot of things for us. I know we have some billboards and electronic billboards going up on Interstate 10 in a couple of different cities and right outside Lafayette.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/24/ijvm.01.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member