LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know what dogs they used.

I hope they used more than just tracking ones.

I thought dogs could only track something on the ground...Mickey was biking. They would only have picked up her scent only if she hopped off the bike

It bothers me that she was not seen BUT we KNOW she was ok after the Taco Bell purchase sooo.... even if he told a little white lie and went alone and used her card to get her food... WAIT she TALKED to a friend WHILE at Taco Bell with him!
HE passed his poly and isn't a POI!

maybe she WAS laying down cause she felt bad?

Maybe something slipped in what she was drinking? The food was bad??

Why though just lay down like in the middle of a street unless she passed out or something?

Does she have a medical history of anything?

Maybe something slipped in what she was drinking? The food was bad??

Why though just lay down like in the middle of a street unless she passed out or something?

Does she have a medical history of anything?
:giggle: I meant laying down in his vehicle when at Taco Bell!

♥ no worries!

I am going to take an educated guess and say no any evidence they find will not be released. They are keeping stuff very close to the vest so to speak.

I can't recall a time where there is such confusion over pictures LE has realeased like this so I have to believe that there is something to the pictures. I am as well certain that LE knows more just not releasing it.

I as well have been of the impression this is someone that knows the area yet at times it seems like the bike is the red herring and feel like they should be looking in a different place and I don't know why I feel this way.

Thanks for the updates on the searches. Wish I was closer to help!!!

You are correct, any evidence that is found by myself or any other responsible searcher will not release that information, or the specifice areas we search. LE certainly has this case sealed. Search supervisors have expressed their discomfort with the amount of evidence that LE has released, and this seems to create a distrust between the two. We must understand. the U.S. Marshalls are involved as well as the FBI. IMO we may not even be privy to the bike evidence if any is discovered.

Pertaining to the trucks, I originally thought that the two on St. Landry could be the same one. It is very hard to tell and I think that is why they were released. I see a nuance in the appearance of the two trucks' wheels (rims). It may even be possible that they could be different body styles. Once again the pictures are very ambiguous and I think LE meant for the pics to be this way, judging by the possible camera footage that they may have access to.

I am going to take an educated guess and say no any evidence they find will not be released. They are keeping stuff very close to the vest so to speak.

I can't recall a time where there is such confusion over pictures LE has realeased like this so I have to believe that there is something to the pictures. I am as well certain that LE knows more just not releasing it.

I as well have been of the impression this is someone that knows the area yet at times it seems like the bike is the red herring and feel like they should be looking in a different place and I don't know why I feel this way.

Thanks for the updates on the searches. Wish I was closer to help!!!

I dont know if it makes a difference but I would think that the perp would get rid of the evidence first (the bike, backpack, phone) in one location and take the body to a second location.
In the Sierra case her belongings were found in several areas and her body is still missing.
So bike dump first, body in a separate location?
What does this tell us about the perp profile?
JMO
its getting late, my mind is spinning

I just want to add, about rm ...
Really feel that since it has already been mentioned that he or his family are related to or are closely connected with people in the judicial system etc AND since he awaiting trial for is facing a good long tie in jail and all that maybe his "connections" were having him questioned in order to have his sentance lightened or to have him granted leniency. Would also explain why questioning hi was made. Public. Like as if to explain in advance why his sentance would be lightened. Maybe he had info. Maybe not. Maybe info that le already had was credited to him. Maybe they suspect someone from his same age group and area and wanted to ask what do you know about so and so?

That is really how the judicial system works in Louisiana. Its common knowledge that if you are "well connected" they will do all they can to get your charges dropped or not accepted avoid jail time or lighten a sentance. And I really think they questioned him to do him a favor.

This is all just my opinion.

I know this WT conversation has been hashed and rehashed. Is my understanding right, that the WT in the turn lane and the second truck following MS is two diffrent trucks? This keeps spinning around in my brain. Am I just not getting it?:dunno: Maby it is just I am old.:waitasec:
BBM-
The first truck drove from the area that Mickey had traveled. It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows. The second truck is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street. The third vehicle is an 80’s or 90’s 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel. Detectives are interested in locating the vehicles and speaking with the occupants to obtain further information on the case. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633.

[via Lafayette Police Department press release]

http://kpel965.com/latest-information-search-for-mickey-shunick-continues/

It bothers me that she was not seen BUT we KNOW she was ok after the Taco Bell purchase sooo.... even if he told a little white lie and went alone and used her card to get her food... WAIT she TALKED to a friend WHILE at Taco Bell with him!

Just curious ...how do you he passed the polygraph?

I thought dogs could only track something on the ground...Mickey was biking. They would only have picked up her scent only if she hopped off the bike

There are several different types of search/rescue dogs. This link describes the different types. I've only ever heard of the air scent ones.
http://www.ussartf.org/dogs_search_rescue.htm

I don't think that she would have needed to hop off the bike for the dogs to scent her, but the scent would have been more concentrated if she had. That's just what I'm getting from what I read and I could be wrong.

You are correct, any evidence that is found by myself or any other responsible searcher will not release that information, or the specifice areas we search. LE certainly has this case sealed. Search supervisors have expressed their discomfort with the amount of evidence that LE has released, and this seems to create a distrust between the two. We must understand. the U.S. Marshalls are involved as well as the FBI. IMO we may not even be privy to the bike evidence if any is discovered.

Pertaining to the trucks, I originally thought that the two on St. Landry could be the same one. It is very hard to tell and I think that is why they were released. I see a nuance in the appearance of the two trucks' wheels (rims). It may even be possible that they could be different body styles. Once again the pictures are very ambiguous and I think LE meant for the pics to be this way, judging by the possible camera footage that they may have access to.
In your OPINION... do you think the bike could be unrelated?
I mean she was abducted and the bike was left behind...
THEN when "whoever" took the bike took it to the bay AFTER
finding out it was involved with a missing person
removing the identifying handle bars for transport...

It sounds crazy! Why not call LE and say hey I stole this bike. The girl
wasn't there...
They had to take both! Why hide it and not just toss it randomly??:banghead:

Am I making any sense?

The images of her by the Circle K are after Taco Bell...
so yes we have seen her.

I just want to add, about rm ...
Really feel that since it has already been mentioned that he or his family are related to or are closely connected with people in the judicial system etc AND since he awaiting trial for is facing a good long tie in jail and all that maybe his "connections" were having him questioned in order to have his sentance lightened or to have him granted leniency. Would also explain why questioning hi was made. Public. Like as if to explain in advance why his sentance would be lightened. Maybe he had info. Maybe not. Maybe info that le already had was credited to him. Maybe they suspect someone from his same age group and area and wanted to ask what do you know about so and so?

That is really how the judicial system works in Louisiana. Its common knowledge that if you are "well connected" they will do all they can to get your charges dropped or not accepted avoid jail time or lighten a sentance. And I really think they questioned him to do him a favor.

This is all just my opinion.

Many have posted their concerns with LPD, but I remind myself that they are probably not in the lead as we know the FBI, etc. as well are active in this.

It does remind me much of the SL case in the sense of what LE is releasing/acting so maybe they do have a strong suspect right from the start.

Small towns talk ... An there is more evidence that has yet been released known by locals then the non locals know about bc if it was repeated then people's jobs would be on the line also there is a reason why things are being kept from the public ... Esp sites like these where anyone can view although i wish that wasnt the case ... so I very much agree w you!

There are several different types of search/rescue dogs. This link describes the different types. I've only ever heard of the air scent ones.
http://www.ussartf.org/dogs_search_rescue.htm

I don't think that she would have needed to hop off the bike for the dogs to scent her, but the scent would have been more concentrated if she had. That's just what I'm getting from what I read and I could be wrong.

Sorry, you are right. I looked up tracking dogs and there are several different ways dogs are used for tracking

Apparently LE has another image of the truck they have not released to the public.

And what about the dogs that were used? I'm assuming they came to a dead end in their scent of her. This wouldn't be the case if she was still nearby.

I dont know if it makes a difference but I would think that the perp would get rid of the evidence first (the bike, backpack, phone) in one location and take the body to a second location.
In the Sierra case her belongings were found in several areas and her body is still missing.
So bike dump first, body in a separate location?
What does this tell us about the perp profile?
JMO
its getting late, my mind is spinning
the thought makes me sick to my stomach but it is possible that she may have indeed been placed in the same area of her bike but with all the wildlife such as alligators and etc ..... would never be found. I am sorry. It is sick and makes me sick but true.

Would prefer to think she is alive... I truly hope she is injured and being held captive til she heals or agrees to hush. Human trafficking scenerio is bad but all I can do us hope she's alive.

Lots o times, if you are the type to steal a bike on the side of the road, you are not likely the type to call the cops and tell em so. JMO

Many have posted their concerns with LPD, but I remind myself that they are probably not in the lead as we know the FBI, etc. as well are active in this.

It does remind me much of the SL case in the sense of what LE is releasing/acting so maybe they do have a strong suspect right from the start.

I agree Allusonz.
I did not follow Sierra's case as closely as many but I do sense that LE is behaving similarly in this case.
jmo

Just curious ...how do you he passed the polygraph?

:waitasec:Maybe I don't? Thought I heard it... but if it was inconclusive or he failed why would LE say BW is NOT a suspect or a POI and is cooperating with them?

Maybe I *advertiser censored*-U-ME-D bad thing to do!

I think the FBI is helping out more or less being that LE does not have the man power money or technology needed to find Mickey an also because of the law suit ... Now I could be wrong on that but that my thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck