LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off-topic, but can someone tell me what "bbm" means? My wife calls me a techno-peasant because I don't keep up with technology. I've looked up tons of the other acronyms I see people using and have found definitions (nerd alert), but all I'm getting for this one is "Blackberry messaging" and stuff like "Brokeback Mountain." :banghead:

BBM = Bolded By Me

Some will say that constantly recording/retaining records violates freedom. I don't agree and I'm one that feels that everyone's DNA/fingerprints should be in a databank for reference if needed. I do feel like my freedom is violated if I were to be attacked, harmed, killed if the perp goes unfound. Victims don't have rights!

It's a slippery slope, though. At what point does it stop? Where do the implanted tracking devices become reality?

Delurking for a moment to say...
Does the irony of this strike anyone else? The red light cameras only record once a violation has occurred. But if you are the victim of a abduction...you're sol. Because that's not a violation that will be captured.

:welcome:

if it is a serial killer and there isn't DNA on the bike or if he's not already in the DNA registry or whatever it's called then we can only hope that he slips up with time as DTL did. i didn't realize that this is how they caught DTL, nor did i realize that they had him in their custody then let him go!!!! luckily he didn't kill again in between the time they had him then let him go.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20140259,00.html

however, if we have to wait for a slip up and this is a the beginning of a serial killer, you can assume he will kill again in the meantime

justwannahelp, yes DTL should have been in prison long before he was caught. DNA & DNA Laws is the answer to solving serial killer & other stranger abductions before they hone their skills.

The WT on the live feed is like an S-10. It barely holds 2 people! LOL!

Wrong truck. This one is parked on the right side of the building. Visible on Google Earth street view. It looks like maybe an extended cab, not too short for 4-door.

I posted a screen shot above.

The one with the tailgate down is in Google Street View and not current. We can't see the tailgate of the one on the live feed (and it's been identified now above as the delivery truck for Louisiana Digital).

Is is possible to get dates for Street View photos or it that withheld by Google for privacy issues? You can get dates for satellite shots.

BUT...we KNOW the perp was at WB. Thats a fact Jack!!!
He/she was THERE!!!

Totally disagree.

We do not know this for fact. We only know that the person in possession of her bike was there. Anything else is reckless speculation.

Wrong truck. This one is parked on the right side of the building. Visible on Google Earth street view. It looks like maybe an extended cab, not too short for 4-door.

I used to drive an S-10. This truck looks much bigger.

Yeah, I checked google right after I posted. I'm 99% sure that I know who owns the Dodge in pic. None of the people that work there would be involved, I'm 1000% sure of that. But you have to remember too, LA Digital prints plans and such, so there are contractors in and out all day long, as well as UL students.

Totally disagree.

We do not know this for fact. We only know that the person in possession of her bike was there. Anything else is reckless speculation.

Right. Even if the police announce they have video of the bike dump and ID the person dumping the bike, that still doesn't necessarily mean anything. It's maddening how little we know for certain.

This is the girl that I had been wondering about, missing in 1996, but that's wayyyyy north.

Kristi Gwen O'Pry

Missing since:
1996-07-19

http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=248

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42979"]LA LA - Kristi O'Pry, Shreveport, 19 July 1996 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Websleuths - LA - Kristi O'Pry, Shreveport, 19 July 1996

if it is a serial killer and there isn't DNA on the bike or if he's not already in the DNA registry or whatever it's called then we can only hope that he slips up with time as DTL did. i didn't realize that this is how they caught DTL, nor did i realize that they had him in their custody then let him go!!!! luckily he didn't kill again in between the time they had him then let him go.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20140259,00.html

however, if we have to wait for a slip up and this is a the beginning of a serial killer, you can assume he will kill again in the meantime

Truthfully, this is why my heart sunk when I heard her bike was found at Whiskey Bay. I pray to God that I'm wrong, but the significance of that area could mean we do have a serial killer looking to follow in the footsteps of many including Derrick Todd Lee and Sean Gillis (pretty sure there have been others).

DTL did have a record. He should have been considered before he was, but FBI's racial profiling method of the killer being the same race as the victims failed to prove correct in this case.

The DNA swabs of based on a tip worked in this case. My brother was swabbed in the case and was insulted, he didn't refuse. I know many are against such dragnets, but I can't help but think DTL would still be out there had it not been for the policy of swabbing every possible lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc