LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this means LE hasn't got anything good off of the bike, because we have not heard of anyone getting swabbed pertaining to this case.

Not necessarily. In the Sierra Lamar case they had a POI right off the bat - were tracking him, had a GPS on his car and an undercover moved in next door to the guy. NONE of us had the faintest clue for almost two months and we thought nothing was going on with the case.

Truthfully, this is why my heart sunk when I heard her bike was found at Whiskey Bay. I pray to God that I'm wrong, but the significance of that area could mean we do have a serial killer looking to follow in the footsteps of many including Derrick Todd Lee and Sean Gillis (pretty sure there have been others).

DTL did have a record. He should have been considered before he was, but FBI's racial profiling method of the killer being the same race as the victims failed to prove correct in this case.

The DNA swabs of based on a tip worked in this case. My brother was swabbed in the case and was insulted, he didn't refuse. I know many are against such dragnets, but I can't help but think DTL would still be out there had it not been for the policy of swabbing every possible lead.
Unless I'm mistaken Lee is Creole or Afro-Cajun, which would partially include him, something only a profiler from so. Louisiana would get. There were pics up in Breaux Bridge of an attacker who definitely looked Creole to me then. I can see from the WT & all of the info collected that so very much goes into trying to catch these people, & perhaps every working & re-working on the part of all of you & LE can hopefully make it work. I've never seen such empathy & dedication to a cause. What amazing & thought provoking work you all do.

A boat was dumped in Carencro? What makes it suspicious? Maybe try Carencro PD if you feel it could be reported to LE.

It's suspicious cause of where I saw it. Along a tree line as if someone backed a boat in then unhitched and took off. Could just be a dump site for an unwanted boat but I don't like it being so close to my mothers. It's along rural university ave along a tree line with no driveway

mamamia54, the FBI has come a long way in their highway iniative since 2009. But still have much farther to go..

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/april/highwayserial_040609
Highway Serial Killings
New Initiative on an Emerging Trend - The Violent Criminal Apprehension Program (ViCAP) maintains the largest investigative repository of major violent crime

04/06/09

In 2004, an analyst from the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation detected a crime pattern: the bodies of murdered women were being dumped along the Interstate 40 corridor in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, and Mississippi.

OTR trucking is a perfect environment for serial killers. They fly by day & night, no one looks twice. They can park on the side of just about any road all night and no one looks twice. Plus the vehicle itself obscures their appearance on cameras.

I had to address this part of your post. The FBI NEVER said that DTL was white. The "Task Force" did, and that was their mistake. The "Task Force" only released portions of the profile that they wanted the public to see. The whole profile was NEVER released until DTL was arrested. When the "Task Force" said he was white, the FBI didn't agree or disagree. However, it is rare to have a serial killer that crosses racial lines (if that's the right word). The "Task Force" couldn't find their way out of a paper bag when it was first formed. I think it was chance that DTL was swabbed and caught. If there ever was a "Task Force" on how to do all the wrong things, "The Baton Rouge Serial Killer Task Force" was it.

DTL should have been arrested years before he was. He fit the profile almost to perfection.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

And DTL lived in St. Francisville, so he traveled quite a bit during his crime sprees!

I know I've asked this at least twice, but may have missed the answer, because of real life, etc.

Did LE search the abandoned hospital with dogs?

I remember reading here that the hospital was search top to bottom, but I don't know about the dogs. You would think wouldn't you?

South is Iberia. North is St. Landry. West is Acadia and Vermilion. East is St. Martin. More or less.

TY. I thought it was interesting from an earlier article...it stated that patrols from Iberia and St. Martin parrishes regularly patrol the basin via boat.

I know I've asked this at least twice, but may have missed the answer, because of real life, etc.

Did LE search the abandoned hospital with dogs?

Do we know all the places the dogs searched? I have great faith in canine sleuths.

There's a suspicious looking boat I just saw dumped in carencro on university. Should I call tip line or police dept? It's freaking me out cause its a block from my mothers? Someone please answer

I think you shoul go take a picture of it before you call it in. And post it or send it to me ;). I am curious as to why it is suspicious.

I always say to my family & friends if I ever go missing call police first, then get a hold of Websleuths (and give them all the details)...they are amazing and dedicated people. :blowkiss:

Yes, just no longer led by Equusearch

Posted 5 hrs ago on the Find MS Now facebook page:

We will be using all of our search avenues today: foot search, ATVs, and boats will all be utilized today so if you've been wanting to come out and help with the searches today's the day to help bring Mickey Shunick home! Thanks to everyone who has and will come out today we appreciate you all so much!

I've been up till 4:00 the last couple of days 'walking' google street view, rewatching video...seems urgent just now.

I have a full work week ahead, so I'd better knock it off.

The continuing late night/early morning 'where is Mickey?!' conversation is tough to abandon, though.

I think wild conjecturing is part of puzzle solving and whipping up a theory to subsequently knock it down is a necessary part of the process.

Through blurry eyes last night, I read most of the previous thread or the one before that - anyway, chicken fried posted a picture of a camp up the river from where MS's bike was found.
Having just read the article now about Whiskey Bay, where the camps are mentioned but not explained, it seems possible that some pervert from one of those camps set out that night to abduct a woman and saw MS and brought her back to a camp. Still, how she was abducted with no witness, is a mystery.

How and when are those camps used and were they in use May 18-20?

Because they were. Kinnamore and Yoder were both found in the water at Whiskey Bay. There was some distance between the locations, but currents could have been different. Kinnamore was technically found at the waters edge as if she had washed up on the edge. This may have been where the confusion had come from with the previous post.

I did not know that. I wonder if he tried to weigh them down or if he tossed them in the water? Maybe he hoped gators would dispose of the evidence.

It's suspicious cause of where I saw it. Along a tree line as if someone backed a boat in then unhitched and took off. Could just be a dump site for an unwanted boat but I don't like it being so close to my mothers. It's along rural university ave along a tree line with no driveway

I would not call it into the tip line, I would call the local LE. Could be stolen or someone trying to scam insurance. Or totally innocent!

I am afraid there had been no new evidence since the bike was found in Whiskey Bay. That was May 26, I think.

Thanks for the update. I wish you had better news. I had hope a few days ago that she might be alive. But that hope is fading.

Through blurry eyes last night, I read most of the previous thread or the one before that - anyway, chicken fried posted a picture of a camp up the river from where MS's bike was found.
Having just read the article now about Whiskey Bay, where the camps are mentioned but not explained, it seems possible that some pervert from one of those camps set out that night to abduct a woman and saw MS and brought her back to a camp. Still, how she was abducted with no witness, is a mystery.

How and when are those camps used and were they in use May 18-20?

"Camp" is our way of saying lakehouse, riverhouse, etc. -- I'm pretty sure camps in that area are mainly for fishing.

Posted 5 hrs ago on the Find MS Now facebook page:

We will be using all of our search avenues today: foot search, ATVs, and boats will all be utilized today so if you've been wanting to come out and help with the searches today's the day to help bring Mickey Shunick home! Thanks to everyone who has and will come out today we appreciate you all so much!

They're saying bring Mickey home.

They used to say Find Mickey Now. =\

And DTL lived in St. Francisville, so he traveled quite a bit during his crime sprees!

Yes, he was extremely mobile...I still have nightmares about DTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc