LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going nuts here, how did whoever took Mickey get past the cams that caught her at Circle K? It's just impossible.
Seems he didn't get past them if that's the same truck in the left turn lane on St. Landry to Univ. as the LE officer apparently verified to WS member Artis. If that's indeed true, what is interesting is that truck apparently didn't travel far down Univ. because the cameras across from the cemetery didn't capture the truck on their surveillance.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm still so unsettled by the other young biker's report of the previous white truck pickup-incident a month ago (?) in daylight. Could it be that he needed time to build some courage? Ugh. Sorry if I'm breaking any rules.

I am new here an hope I am doing this right.
How long has it been that you passed that way? Could the boat be there from the flooding in Carencro? I think it was about a month to a month and a half ago.

I sure hope this works. Sorry if it doesn't.

Hi, GrannyA

Welcome!

Question for locals. I find it hard to believe a gator would not "want" the corpses. Any explanation for that? TIA

It is perplexing .... @ my camp in Pierre Part on Belle River, the gators could be heard @ night routinely catching & eating the ducks by my pier :( However, on two occasions, I had to finally fish a dead armadillo and a dead possum out of the water near the sea wall, 'cause the dang alligators just wouldn't touch 'em! Go figure!

Seems he didn't get past them if that's the same truck in the left turn lane on St. Landry to Univ. as the LE officer apparently verified to WS member Artis. If that's indeed true, what is interesting is that truck apparently didn't travel far down Univ. because the cameras across from the cemetery didn't capture the truck on their surveillance.

I have no idea where security cameras are in my town.

It seems like not being caught on camera is a clue.

Ok, that IS weird.

This boat was recently dumped. I pass down this part of university frequently and haven't seen it prior to today. This is definitely something I would notice. I didn't hang around and I didn't request for the responding officer to call me back. Like I said probably unrelated but it IS on university ave and raised suspicion for me. I don't think this is related to carencro floods as I frequent this area and it wasn't there last time I passed.

It is perplexing .... @ my camp in Pierre Part on Belle River, the gators could be heard @ night routinely catching & eating the ducks by my pier :( However, on two occasions, I had to finally fish a dead armadillo and a dead possum out of the water near the sea wall, 'cause the dang alligators just wouldn't touch 'em! Go figure!

This could be an adaptation to the alligator fishing. They bait traps with dead things, not living things, right? So, an alligator (over time) would realize that if you catch something alive, there is no hook. I believe it is called genetic memory.

This boat was recently dumped. I pass down this part of university frequently and haven't seen it prior to today. This is definitely something I would notice. I didn't hang around and I didn't request for the responding officer to call me back. Like I said probably unrelated but it IS on university ave and raised suspicion for me. I don't think this is related to carencro floods as I frequent this area and it wasn't there last time I passed.

How about a look inside it?

Well, I'm glad you called it in, if it's nothing then no harm done and if it's something then you may have just found a killer, who knows.

I mean say this is the same white truck, (gosh I hate to start this again) that is caught headed toward University, caught on cam in front of the Circle K. Where would he have turned around to get to this point in the picture where the old car is seen?

If the two trucks in front of Circle K are the same truck, then I think this is the first photo of the K-71.

1) Truck passes in in front of funeral home on St. Landry.
2) At roughly the same time, Mickey is crossing University. She is crossing while her light is still red.
3) Truck passes Mickey somewhere just before she gets to the side of the LCG buildling. A reflection of the truck lights is seen in the silver box at the corner on the right.
4) Truck pulls into left turning lane. Light is still red.
5) When light turns green, the truck turns around.

The last step is a big question mark for me. For it to get captured where it is, it either did a U-turn in the intersection or it aborted the left turn and went across to St. John. Then turned around on the other side of University and came back.

It could have turned left and circled around the LCG building.

What time of year is alligator season in LA? I always got the idea that it was summer time for some reason? If that is the case, I'd bet alligators move into areas less populated by humans at that time. Alligators are pretty intelligent creatures.

Alligators are mating right now or mating season just finished. It's uncommon for an alligator to attack and kill a human- they are usually weary of humans but it has happened. Super rare, though. They have been known to kill deer and other large mammals- including a black bears.

This could be an adaptation to the alligator fishing. They bait traps with dead things, not living things, right? So, an alligator (over time) would realize that if you catch something alive, there is no hook. I believe it is called genetic memory.

Nope and I tried everything on it to see if i could tell what was behind the white blob. It's not a vehicle because it would have needed to be parked on the sidewalk and if it's people, then that's a whole lot of people to be out walking at that time of night.

Any locals who catch the 530 KFLY interview, would you be so kind as to post a brief summary?

Thank you!

OT, but has the "white blob" that you noticed in the Versailles pic been explained yet? I keep trying to think of what LE could be trying to conceal there... if anything.

I think it is the first picture of the Z-71 approaching the intersection. This would occur before the two pics at Circle K.

Alligators are mating right now or mating season just finished. It's uncommon for an alligator to attack and kill a human- they are usually weary of humans but it has happened. Super rare, though. They have been known to kill deer and other large mammals- including a black bears.

I'm not saying they'd attack and kill a human. I'm saying they may not eat a corpse because they may move from areas popular with humans.

If the two trucks in front of Circle K are the same truck, then I think this is the first photo of the K-71.

1) Truck passes in in front of funeral home on St. Landry.
2) At roughly the same time, Mickey is crossing University. She is crossing while her light is still red.
3) Truck passes Mickey somewhere just before she gets to the side of the LCG buildling. A reflection of the truck lights is seen in the silver box at the corner on the right.
4) Truck pulls into left turning lane. Light is still red.
5) When light turns green, the truck turns around.

The last step is a big question mark for me. For it to get captured where it is, it either did a U-turn in the intersection or it aborted the left turn and went across to St. John. Then turned around on the other side of University and came back.

It could have turned left and circled around the LCG building.

I think u-turn. It's quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member