LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, wonder what time that was.
The window from Mickey's last picture/phone call to when anyone noticed she could not receive a call.

I have to look at these updates from LPD again.

They did ask for information up to 3:30 IIRC.

ETA They requested that information from the public on May 24. That is five days later.

I am from NY and never have been to your fine state. From the moment I saw news of Mickeys disappearance, I have been checking for updates daily. I believe I have read all the posts. The picture of Mickey and the white truck in front of the Circle K, where is this camera? I owned a gas station and we had 5 recordable video surveillance cameras both inside and outside the store. When the young man "ran" in to pay, you should have been able to pull him up in the store. Also cameras on the canopy should have been able to catch license plates. Our cameras recorded in 10 minute increments, and that is how the file was stored. We retained those records for 3 weeks. Unless there was suspicious activity (like a drive off) and we would save that 10 minute increment of the tape and print a picture for the police.

:welcome5:

Halo, what are you getting at here? I'm confuzzled.

Who did store clerk tell she saw a suspicious truck following Mickey?
Daily advertiser article says peolple working inside the store also didn't notice Shunick when she rode past it.

BBM

Fair enough. But we haven't yet reached the end.

I enjoy the Hive Mind process.

Then again, this isn't my real life profession, so there's that.

We also are only privy to the Holmes success stories. Did he always get his man? I am an avid Holmes fan, but I am not sure whether we ever really hear about his failures.

From CNN transcript:[ her father speaking]

So initially I was not here. My wife told me that she had tried to contact her, I think about 9:00 or so later that morning, and her phone went straight to voicemail. So she tried a couple more times.

Then they went to my son`s graduation, and Mickey didn`t show up, which she was (INAUDIBLE) she was certainly planning on being there. Her sister was in from Dallas and it was -- you know, it was a big family thing.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/24/ng.01.html

O/T from that link (kinda cracked me up)...

GRACE: And tonight, to Maryland. A hysterical mom frantically calling 911 when her husband stops breathing and turns blue. But what does she get from 911? Help is on the way? No. Directions on CPR? No. She gets snoring! We have the audio! Yes, 911 snoring on the emergency hotline! Hey, 911, can you spell F-I-R-E-D, fired?

What happened with the abandoned boat on the side of the road, reported earlier by a poster here? Did anything become of that?

Halo, what are you getting at here? I'm confuzzled.

There is a discrepancy between what the store employee told crzimmer, and what is quoted in that article that Halo linked.

I think Halo believes the statement- Store clerk tells me she sees a suspicious vehicle following Mickey - is a rumor that you actually heard, and has provided a link to discredit it. If I understood your original intent, it was a hypothetical "rumor" you gave as an example of one that could, theoretically, be posted. OK, now I've confused myself. :waitasec:
MOO

Who did store clerk tell she saw a suspicious truck following Mickey.
Daily advertiser article says peolple working inside the store also didn't notice Shunick when she rode past it.

It was totally a rhetorical device I was using to try and understand what can be report here. Disregard.

I am from NY and never have been to your fine state. From the moment I saw news of Mickeys disappearance, I have been checking for updates daily. I believe I have read all the posts. The picture of Mickey and the white truck in front of the Circle K, where is this camera? I owned a gas station and we had 5 recordable video surveillance cameras both inside and outside the store. When the young man "ran" in to pay, you should have been able to pull him up in the store. Also cameras on the canopy should have been able to catch license plates. Our cameras recorded in 10 minute increments, and that is how the file was stored. We retained those records for 3 weeks. Unless there was suspicious activity (like a drive off) and we would save that 10 minute increment of the tape and print a picture for the police.

Hi & welcome!

Very interesting. I wonder if that's an organizational policy or state law or something regarding retaining the video records.

Why on earth have I not thought of canopy cameras?!

This must be why I don't professionally detect, A.C.I.

I think Halo believes the statement- Store clerk tells me she sees a suspicious vehicle following Mickey - is a rumor that you actually heard, and has provided a link to discredit it. If I understood your original intent, it was a hypothetical "rumor" you gave as an example of one that could, theoretically, be posted. OK, now I've confused myself. :waitasec:
MOO

Laughing.

It is sickening to think of all the people donating their time and money and bodies to searching day after day, while (at least) one sicko knows exactly where Mickey is...

There is a discrepancy between what the store employee told crzimmer, and what is quoted in that article that Halo linked.

Disregard. I did not hear that. I am not reporting it. It had to do with a purely theoretical discussion from earlier today. I apologize.

We also are only privy to the Holmes success stories. Did he always get his man? I am an avid Holmes fan, but I am not sure whether we ever really hear about his failures.

I believe it was noted he failed three or four times in successfully concluding a case. But in every instance he always at the very least figured out the truth and new exactly what happened. I think failing anymore than that and he would have gone insane (well....more than he already was)

O/T from that link (kinda cracked me up)...

GRACE: And tonight, to Maryland. A hysterical mom frantically calling 911 when her husband stops breathing and turns blue. But what does she get from 911? Help is on the way? No. Directions on CPR? No. She gets snoring! We have the audio! Yes, 911 snoring on the emergency hotline! Hey, 911, can you spell F-I-R-E-D, fired?

NG is the human manifestation of hyperbole. I'd like to know her blood pressure #s.

I wonder did BW talk to anyone else that night after Mickey left? Maybe he inadvertently told someone he trusted that she had left and was riding her bike home? So, maybe this isn't a perp who is a stranger.

I have to look at these updates from LPD again.

They did ask for information up to 3:30 IIRC.

ETA They requested that information from the public on May 24. That is five days later.

Two hours. Could that be from Mickey going poof! to getting the bike out to the dump site and back?

Would that be a 2 hour time frame? Or did someone call her and Mickey's phone shows this was the last attempt at contact?

Or is there more video/pictures we are unaware of? I really don't think so.

Correct, wonder what time that was.
The window from Mickey's last picture/phone call to when anyone noticed she could not receive a call.

This may clear up some of the phone questions:

GRACE: Let`s talk about the cell phone. Chief Jim Craft, what about the cell phone?

(JIM CRAFT, CHIEF, LAFAYETTE POLICE DEPARTMENT)CRAFT: We know that she last used that phone about 1:30 in the morning. She got a call from a friend asking about whether or not she had had something to eat. And she replied that she had done so and gone to Taco Bell. And as far as we can tell, nothing else after that. And no answer on the phone.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/24/ng.01.html

And also:

"Craft also said they have picked up several items of potential evidence, but so far, none of those seems to be connected to the case. He also confirmed that her cell phone was turned off and that police are not able to get any information about her location using that avenue.

“It’s the type of cell phone that, when you cut it off, you can’t ping it,” Craft said."

http://kpel965.com/latest-information-search-for-mickey-shunick-continues/

I believe it was noted he failed three or four times in successfully concluding a case. But in every instance he always at the very least figured out the truth and new exactly what happened. I think failing anymore than that and he would have gone insane (well....more than he already was)

He's fictional.

Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members