LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great map. What we know from the map is that MS left BW's house on her bike and that she was safe from that point to the 1:48am video. 3 minutes or less, maybe! Wish there would be more investigation into the call made that night about someone hear screams. Since MS wasn't reported missing until well after the screams were reported, am hoping LE didn't just choose not to consider this as a possible piece of the case. They often do have their own mindset and are unwilling to waver! Wish media could find out who reported the screams and give us the info. I think it is significant.

forgive me for not using apostrophes or caps. i have short fingers and am too lazy to shift

in reference to the screams. my moms friends sisters housekeepers husband was coming home from work around 2am that morning and heard screams and saw a man and a woman in a white suv. he said there was a blond girl screaming and the man hit the blond girls head on the side of the street then put her in the suv. the man who saw this is an illegal immigrant, so he was afraid to report it. his wife told my moms friends sister about it who convinced him they werent going to care about his immigration status and she went with him to LPD to report it a few days later. she told my moms friend that they dismissed it. so i called the police department and reported it myself. i clearly stated that it could be rumor since it came down such a long grapevine. a detective called me back, not the lead detective, but still, a detective. so i felt they were taking me seriously. he assured me he'd give the info to the lead detective, but he warned that this sounded like a similar story that they had already investigated and that it was a separate incident that took place in the saint streets area.

Hi sleuthers, good to meet you. I'm new here but a long-time resident of Lafayette and very distressed by Mickey Shunick's disappearance. It is my opinion that the perpetrator used Whiskey Bridge to dispose of the bike, in an attempt to deflect attention from the true location of his abductee. I suspect she is somewhere in or close to Lafayette. I'm hoping and praying that she is still alive and will outwit her kidnapper. However, I can't get rid of the horrible notion that she has been dumped in the gator swamp in the middle of the ULL campus. I'm wondering how often that place is checked. I remember students used to make bad jokes about it and a friend of mine was nearly thrown in one night. :fish:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:UL_Cypress_Lake_reptiles.jpg
and map here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=unive...tte,+LA&cid=0,0,12181402207816507302&t=m&z=16

I believe everyone is operating under the assumption that she is most likely dead (sad to say) and are looking for her body and the rest of her belongings so that they have the evidence needed to proceed with the case. But by no means is it dismissed or ruled out that she may still be alive.

Charlie still believes she is alive.

Correct. No cameras. The last camera to show any footage is at 216 St. Landry. the law office. Thats where the video of the olds comes from

That's why I said I didn't know personally. But he stated as fact that she was captured on all of city halls cameras, but none after that. Has that been your consensus , A.C.I. ?

daichab, I think it's been confirmed that the funeral home has no cameras anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought someone here swore up and down they did but then several people confirmed it was not so.

She said the funeral home has no video of her. She probably means they don't have cameras.

Hi sleuthers, good to meet you. I'm new here but a long-time resident of Lafayette and very distressed by Mickey Shunick's disappearance. It is my opinion that the perpetrator used Whiskey Bridge to dispose of the bike, in an attempt to deflect attention from the true location of his abductee. I suspect she is somewhere in or close to Lafayette. I'm hoping and praying that she is still alive and will outwit her kidnapper. However, I can't get rid of the horrible notion that she has been dumped in the gator swamp in the middle of the ULL campus. I'm wondering how often that place is checked. I remember students used to make bad jokes about it and a friend of mine was nearly thrown in one night. :fish:
and map here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=unive...tte,+LA&cid=0,0,12181402207816507302&t=m&z=16

:welcome:

Hold that thought, she was captured on ALL the cams, including the ones on the large parking lot side and the backside??

Interesting. Not the first time that rumor has been put forward. But why not release it, if it show nothing suspicious? It would belay a lot of unnecessary speculation about his route post Circle K.

That's why I said I didn't know personally. But he stated as fact that she was captured on all of city halls cameras, but none after that. Has that been your consensus , A.C.I. ?

I really don't know if city hall cameras caught anything because Im not privy to a lot of the "city owned" information. However, those dome cameras have a VERY wide angle and could have possibly caught her moving further down the sidewalk passing up the LCG building. Or perhaps they filmed her cutting through the parking lot.

Good info though

and map here:

I used to work there. It is well maintained, and someone is in there almost everyday believe it or not! There is a classified employee as well as 2-3 student workers who are in charge of maintenance. Once, we had baby gators in a little cardboard box in our office :)

My eyes are bleeding from trying to keep up with these threads - what great devotion some of the locals have to this case. Very much admire that.

I initially thought, after they found the bike, that maybe it was a hit and run and they were afraid and dumped everything. The more this goes on though, I think this was more out of malice. I also waiver from thinking she was dumped somewhere near the bike and then thinking maybe she is actually right under the noses of where it happened and the perp didn't want to risk driving around with a body, but was less afraid with a bike and decided to dump the bike, maybe even on the way home. I do find the the location disturbing, however. Red herring? Could be, which only scares me to think there were or will be other victims.

When I think of Mickey and what her family must be going through, I picture how her parents might think of her, as a small baby she once was and how they could never imagine such a thing in their life. She was her parent's baby - not a druggie, not some crazy girl, not dumb - she is innocent. As sad as I feel about this case, and we all feel, I cannot imagine the pain her family is in. I know that if this happened to me, to my girl, I would not be able to go on and probably wouldn't.

Just last night, I am driving and see a girl jogging down Foreman (street that runs on side of Lafayette High) with headphones on. My immediate thought was I need to roll the window down and ask this girl if she wants a ride, but of course she is jogging for fitness and will not want a ride. Fine if you want to do that, but lose the headphones, that's clearly unsafe. It was not 2am, but it was after dark.

It's sad that that's unsafe. (I'm not mad at u for saying it, I absolutely understand why it's unsafe, I'm just mad that it is unsafe) Just a quick rant.. Mickey going missing makes me sad, but it really, really pisses me off more than anything. It's a shame that riding your bike alone late at night could possibly mean risking your life. When Mickey first went missing, I saw a lot of people asking "why was she riding her bike alone that late anyway" That's just ridiculous IMO that doing that is considered crazy. I'm not mad at the people that asked that, I'm mad that we live in a world where people have to ask that... if that makes sense. I hope whoever abducted her (if that's the case) gets a butt whipping, tortured, and then put to death....
and I'm not even a violent person!

Searching for connections/answers.

Per this article http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/13/news.989904.sto

Lauren was involved in an Alternative Spring Break program in 2011 and went to Israel to volunteer for the Jewish National Fund. Would either of these programs be something that Mickey would have been involved in? It's a stretch I know, but can't hurt to ask...(unless you throw stuff at me........ducking....)

I used to work there. It is well maintained, and someone is in there almost everyday believe it or not! There is a classified employee as well as 2-3 student workers who are in charge of maintenance. Once, we had baby gators in a little cardboard box in our office :)

Thank you for clearing that up. It was just a nightmare to think the awful truth could be hidden in plain sight!

Well then it's about high time the lives of our young people are put at the top of the list!

Hey im right there with you!
I think there is alot everyone can do to protect our children
From government to families to the children themselves!

We've heard about the WB search and that was a big media thing, so if any other significant searches were made you'd think the media would have been on it. Pardon my feelings, but I don't think that much has been done in terms of active searching by LE. I get the feeling they are waiting for the big tip and letting volunteers search, and of course TES when they were here. Would like to ask one of the media outlets in Lafayette whether they know what active searches LE has been involved in. From my own experience, I have come to understand that government and police are just other job categories.

ive been wondering if they've taken any helicopters out

daichab, I think it's been confirmed that the funeral home has no cameras anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought someone here swore up and down they did but then several people confirmed it was not so.

Is the LCG building the same as City Hall?

Yes. On the cameras that point to the drive thru, and the back parking lot. That's what I was told. And he specifically said those cameras.

Then I was correct, she had to have turned into the big lot past where we see her on Camera, for some reason.

Attachments

• turnaround1.jpg
    turnaround1.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics